CARDS WIN!

LEWJ

Yes, the Tigers played abnormally bad defense, but they also averaged only 2.2 runs per game this Series which should say something about the stoutness of the Cards' defense over those five games.

Just putting things in perspective... the Cardinals averaged 1.86 runs per game during the 1985 World Series. :/

Marc

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the Tigers played abnormally bad defense, but they also averaged only 2.2 runs per game this Series which should say something about the stoutness of the Cards' defense over those five games.

Just putting things in perspective... the Cardinals averaged 1.86 runs per game during the 1985 World Series. :/

Marc

I hate you, Marc Foster.

:P

I'm glad to see you got back from the rally safe to with St. Louis being named the unsafest city in America and Detroit finishing second it was the battle for unsafe cities that took the title away from Camden, NJ. :D

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I'm glad to see you got back from the rally safe to with St. Louis being named the unsafest city in America and Detroit finishing second it was the battle for unsafe cities that took the title away from Camden, NJ. :D

Do you have any idea how they do those Tank?

I'm just wondering, because sometimes St. Louis gets the short end of the stick on stats like that because the city is seperate from the surrounding county and so sometimes while entire areas are looked at for other cities, only the innercity is looked at in St. Louis.

I have no idea if that's the case with these statistics, but I'm wondering.

Certainly I don't spend much if any time in the worst parts of the city (and I've never actually lived in the city at all), but it's never seemed unsafe to me.

I saw that and was quickly told about it after the "Congrats" at work in Chicago today.

Honestly, I feel alot more uncomfortable in St. Louis than I do in Chicago. I was riding the Metro link through downtown in St. Louis and was watching my back like a hawk while waiting for the train. Through the west side of chicago (perhaps just as bad as the southside)...no worries. A big part of feeling uncomfortable is the panhandling which isn't nearly the issue that it is in St. Louis. I'll get asked for change once a block in St. Louis. Chicago, once a week at most.

I think part of it is the enflucences of East St. Louis and the fact that nobody lives in St. Louis. All the crime from the outskirts happens in the city proper and there are only 330k people in the city of st. louis for the "per capita" stats, while the metro area as a whole is north of 1 million. But major crimes increased something like 20% over the last 2 years, while the midwest went up 5%. That's staggering.

Its a fine place to me. My parents live in a suburb there, I lived there (Metro East actually). It's just the actual city that's an issue, and that's definatly going to get better.

Do you have any idea how they do those Tank?

I'm just wondering, because sometimes St. Louis gets the short end of the stick on stats like that because the city is seperate from the surrounding county and so sometimes while entire areas are looked at for other cities, only the innercity is looked at in St. Louis.

I doubt they only look at stats within a county. Every city has a metropolitan area, within its own county or not, and there would be little point to posting these results if they didn't use either only "inner-city" stats or "metro" stats consistently across the board.

East St. Louis is draggin you down :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

This is the first chance I've been able to do a celebration post, seeings how at the time they won...I WAS THERE!!! Yes, I was standing at section 437 on the upper level...AND getting payed $20 an hour to do so, might I add. So, now I would like to say something that I've been waiting to say all my life, cuz 1982 was the last time they won...and I was only 10 months old at that time and was not able to speak...yet....

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS!!!

CardsCelebration.jpg

:woot::woot:

Archived