CARDS WIN!

LEWJ

Cardinals 2006 World Series Champions.......Yessss!!! So happy.....My best friends favorite team....gotta back his team.....even tho i live 25 min. away from detroit.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to the worst team to ever win a World Series! (well, record-wise)

Ya i agree i thought the tigers where guna come out in this one and destroy the cards. But they struggled and cards just slid past them. But congratz to them on the victory.

4kv29i.jpg

This World Championship won by St. Louis makes the White Sox the only team in the AL Central since the three-division format in 1994, to win a World Series title.

Well done, Cards. And on behalf of the Sox fans, I thank you.

Congratulations to the worst team to ever win a World Series! (well, record-wise)

OK, so let's see. They were five games over .500 in the regular season and seven games over in the postseason? That's downright ridiculous.

I believe the Twins won in the 80s with an 81-81 record.

Someone call Joel's house, and see if he's alive, please.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The Twins were 85-77 in 1987 the Cardinals were 83-78.

Its a good thing the Tigers didn't win they would have dropped the trophy based on how they played.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I believe the Twins won in the 80s with an 81-81 record.

Someone call Joel's house, and see if he's alive, please.

The Twins were 85-77 in 1987

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

The Twins were 85-77 in 1987 the Cardinals were 83-78.

Its a good thing the Tigers didn't win they would have dropped the trophy based on how they played.

Fiasco is spinning in his grave after reading that, you bastard!

Good night, sweet prince. Heroin's a bitch.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

:woot: GO CARDS!!!

Nice job and season to Detroit. I wish you guys well next season, and think you guys will end up winning one sooner than later.

PS to all those people with the AAAA jokes all season....

KARMA B!TCHES!!!!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Cardinals do in fact have the lowest win total by any World Champion.

Congrats, the Cardinals for pulling off a huge upset.

And Congrats to the Detroit Tigers who decided not to show and up and play in the World Series. Job well done. ^_^

Overall thoughts though, I don't think any team in baseball deserved to win it though. The Cardinals won it by winning only 83 games in the Regular Season, the Tigers couldn't do the fundamentals, and the rest of the teams well lost to these two. Maybe 94 wasn't so bad :P. The Cardinals were almost winners by default. Outside of Game 7 of the NLCS these playoffs have just been awful baseball.

Congrats, the Cardinals for pulling off a huge upset. I have a feeling the Cardinals World Series victory is going to make a long year on these boards.

And Congrats to the Detroit Tigers who decided not to show and up and play in the World Series. Job well done. ^_^

Overall thoughts though, I don't think any team in baseball deserved to win it though. The Cardinals won it by winning only 83 games in the Regular Season, the Tigers couldn't do the fundamentals, and the rest of the teams well lost to these two. Maybe 94 wasn't so bad :P. The Cardinals were almost winners by default. Outside of Game 7 of the NLCS these playoffs have just been awful baseball.

JK, they do not have the lowest win total. They have the lowest winning percentage, as the '81 Dodgers and the '18 Red Sox won fewer games in their World Series wins.

LvZYtbZ.png

Congrats, the Cardinals for pulling off a huge upset. I have a feeling the Cardinals World Series victory is going to make a long year on these boards.

JK, they do not have the lowest win total. They have the lowest winning percentage, as the '81 Dodgers and the '18 Red Sox won fewer games in their World Series wins.

I stand corrected. I thought they said on FOX fewest wins but now that I think about it it makes sense for it to be that way since they used to play less games and 81 was a strike shortened season.

Archived