Official Ohio State Vs Michigan Thread

HatManTC

Good thing you guys paid Troy Smith enough to play for you.

Ahh there it is. The Michigan fan's traditional response to a loss. The "pay your players" remark. C'mon. After three straight years of losing to us one would think that Michigan fans for as smart as they're supposed to be would come up with a more original way to whine. Seems to me that so far the only person here who thinks it was actually a close game is the guy with the Michigan avatar. Hey we'll be happy to beat your asses again if you find a way to back in to the title game. Bring it on!

...he did take money.

(PS I couldn't care less about Michigan or Ohio State)

PopHeading-1.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good thing you guys paid Troy Smith enough to play for you.

Oh my god, are you kidding me. That might be the dumbest thing I've heard all week. If you want to get into the subject of taking money from boosters I could just bring up the Fab-five, but I don't feel like being a gloating as**ole.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm going to start by saying that I went to Ohio State and am very happy to be going out to Arizona in January. However, I disagree with there being a rematch. The Wolverines were put in position to make positive things happen for themselves in terms of scoring, but could not execute. Take UM's taking posession on the Ohio State 25-yard line after picking off Troy Smith. The Wolverines ended up wasting three downs and coming away with a field goal. That proved huge as Pittman broke off a 58-yard TD run on the very next drive.

Besides, Michigan's secondary has not been one of the best this season...it's been lit up for 200 plus passing yards on eight different occasions this year and are currently 77th in Division 1-A on pass defense. I know that the Bucks weren't great on defense either, but they made more big plays than the Wolverines.

As for the other team at the BCS Title Game, I see three teams able to make it there: USC, Florida and Arkansas. The Trojans are the frontrunners now since I don't see them losing to Notre Dame. The Gators and Razorbacks will go the way of natural selection (SEC Title Game) to figure who is their possible rep. Should Arkansas and USC be the last two standing, with the men of Troy getting the nod based on head-to-head.

Notre Dame is a non-factor due to getting pimp slapped at home by Michigan...they cancel each other out.

The bottom line is that we thank Michigan for particpating in the 2006 college football season. Please accept this case of Turtle Wax and tickets to Pasadena as our lovely parting gifts.

If the National Champ is supposed to have the 2 best teams going at it then a rematch is logical.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

from CollegeHumor.com

1. Ohio State - Buckeyes prove once and for all, you don't need an intimidating mascott to be the best team in the nation. Even a happy looking chestnut thing will do.

2. Michigan - Well, turns you were wrong Michigan fans. You're not #1. Quit holding up that index finger. And while you're at it, quit barking for a rematch. That's not how it works in football. You had your chance, and you blew it. There is no close enough, and if there were, you weren't it. Close enough is losing on a last second field goal. Close enough is leading the whole way and losing it at the end. Close enough is not playing catch up against the clock, and there are no onside kicks in close enough. And what, you think if you got another shot and actually won, that would be fair to Ohio State? You guys would be 1-1 and Michigan would be the national champs? There is no "double or nothing" when it comes to the BCS. Why don't we just see if somebody else can beat the Buckeyes? And hey, the Rose Bowl isn't a bad consellation prize, I know tons of schools that would kill to be in the Rose Bowl. (Go Bears...)

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

from CollegeHumor.com

1. Ohio State - Buckeyes prove once and for all, you don't need an intimidating mascott to be the best team in the nation. Even a happy looking chestnut thing will do.

2. Michigan - Well, turns you were wrong Michigan fans. You're not #1. Quit holding up that index finger. And while you're at it, quit barking for a rematch. That's not how it works in football. You had your chance, and you blew it. There is no close enough, and if there were, you weren't it. Close enough is losing on a last second field goal. Close enough is leading the whole way and losing it at the end. Close enough is not playing catch up against the clock, and there are no onside kicks in close enough. And what, you think if you got another shot and actually won, that would be fair to Ohio State? You guys would be 1-1 and Michigan would be the national champs? There is no "double or nothing" when it comes to the BCS. Why don't we just see if somebody else can beat the Buckeyes? And hey, the Rose Bowl isn't a bad consellation prize, I know tons of schools that would kill to be in the Rose Bowl. (Go Bears...)

Be nice, HatMan...you don't want to rile the Michigan fans with sound logic.

from CollegeHumor.com

Be nice, HatMan...you don't want to rile the Michigan fans with sound logic.

Michigan fans don't understand logic.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

from CollegeHumor.com

That doesn't even make sense. I am pretty sure that there have been times when an nfl team lost to a team in the regular season, then beat them in the super bowl, or the conference final. Even though they were 1-1 against the team, the won who won when it mattered most would be the champions. Michigan and Ohio State are the two best teams in the nation, so I think there should be a rematch. I will understand if there isn't, but why would USC go when they lost to an unranked team? If they don't get a rematch, I will be okay with it, but I think there should be. Ohio State won because they played better in that game. You guys are acting like Michigan is horrible, and they aren't.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Any given Saturday.

That's all it is for any game, national championship or otherwise. Take that as you will. For me, I'm gonna take it to say that the Broncos from Boise St. are the best team in the country. ;)

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I thought a few of you guys here might enjoy this video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6c-jAAiIco

I'll probably post some of my pics from the game in the next few days but all I had was a disposable camera so they arent all that great.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

from CollegeHumor.com

That doesn't even make sense. I am pretty sure that there have been times when an nfl team lost to a team in the regular season, then beat them in the super bowl, or the conference final. Even though they were 1-1 against the team, the won who won when it mattered most would be the champions. Michigan and Ohio State are the two best teams in the nation, so I think there should be a rematch. I will understand if there isn't, but why would USC go when they lost to an unranked team? If they don't get a rematch, I will be okay with it, but I think there should be. Ohio State won because they played better in that game. You guys are acting like Michigan is horrible, and they aren't.

I'll address each point one at a time:

NFL: The only example I can think of is 1990 when the Bills beat the Giants in the regular season and then the Giants beat the Bills in the Superbowl. But that kind of contradicts itself because of Scott Norwood.

Rematch: USC, Notre Dame, and Michigan all found a way to blow it. Gators!

And now a personal deal: Ohio State fans, stop getting so cocky. *Gasp* You won a game you were favorited to win? Never!

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

from CollegeHumor.com

NFL: The only example I can think of is 1990 when the Bills beat the Giants in the regular season and then the Giants beat the Bills in the Superbowl. But that kind of contradicts itself because of Scott Norwood.

And now a personal deal: Ohio State fans, stop getting so cocky. *Gasp* You won a game you were favorited to win? Never!

gators lost to auburn

notre dame to michigan

usc to oregon state

bottom line is, the bcs needs to become a playoff system.

from CollegeHumor.com

gators lost to auburn

notre dame to michigan

usc to oregon state

But the Gators only lost by 10, Notre Dame lost by 26 and even though USC only lost by 2 it was to Oregon State. So I figured Florida'd be the best team.

mysigdj9.png

from CollegeHumor.com

gators lost to auburn

notre dame to michigan

usc to oregon state

But the Gators only lost by 10, Notre Dame lost by 26 and even though USC only lost by 2 it was to Oregon State. So I figured Florida'd be the best team.

and michigan only lost by 3...to a team that's been #1 all year.

auburn was #11.

from CollegeHumor.com

gators lost to auburn

notre dame to michigan

usc to oregon state

auburn was #11.

And this is where your bottom line comes in very handy. Touche.

mysigdj9.png

In the 1999-2000 season, the Rams were narrowly beat by the Titans during the regular season. The Rams returned the favor by narrowly beating the Titans to win Super Bowl XXXIV.

The teams finished 1-1 against each other, but the Rams got the glory because they won the one that mattered more, period.

No reason this has to be different.

If Michigan truly is the 2nd best team in the country, they should play the best team in the country. If that ends up as a rematch big deal.

For my money, Michigan IS the 2nd best team in the country. Ohio St. is the best.

Therefore Michigan should play Ohio St. in the National Championship.

What? They already played once? I don't care.

from CollegeHumor.com

gators lost to auburn

notre dame to michigan

usc to oregon state

auburn was #11.

And this is where your bottom line comes in very handy. Touche.

what's crazy is. the team that is the most undeserving after a loss to an unranked team will be the team in the best position to play in the title game this year...and just furthers my hatred for USC.

...i dislike the Irish less, but in this case.

GO IRISH!

Michigan and Ohio State are the two best teams in the nation, so I think there should be a rematch. I will understand if there isn't, but why would USC go when they lost to an unranked team?

Using your own logic I am going to go ahead and declare Ohio State the 1969 National Champions. I think we would have beaten USC in The Rose Bowl that year. We all know that Michigan had no business going to the Rose Bowl after the 1969 season since they're record was not as good as The Buckeyes. Why did 8-2 Michigan go to the Rose Bowl to play 9-0-1 USC? Ohio State was 9-1 that season. Clearly they deserved a shot at the title more than Michigan did that year. They were ranked higher. Who cares that Michigan beat Ohio State to get there? It's all about making sure the two best teams play for the title right?

Get over it. You lost. You had your shot. Let someone else have a turn now.

:censored:ing Michigan fans..... :angered:

Any given Saturday.

That's all it is for any game, national championship or otherwise. Take that as you will. For me, I'm gonna take it to say that the Broncos from Boise St. are the best team in the country. ;)

Your argument is better than all the arguments for a Michigan-Ohio State rematch. At least you have a leg to stand on.

BB52Big.jpg

Get over it. You lost. You had your shot. Let someone else have a turn now.

Someone else like who? USC who lost to an unranked Oregon State team? Notre Dame, who was blown out by Michigan? Florida, who lost to Auburn? Arkansas? Who?

There are no undefeated teams except OSU (besides Boise State, but who did they play?), and Michigan only lost to the only undefeated team, so why should someone else go? If Rutgers would have went undefeated, you could maybe say they deserve to go, but they aren't undefeated anymore. Quit just saying we blew it, and give me a good reason why someone else should go.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Archived