Official Ohio State Vs Michigan Thread

HatManTC

Thanks for pointing that out mac2....Its bothered me too...... I BELIEVE the Bucks will win ths great matchup.... my prediction, 45-35 Buckeyes....

(BTW,

VOTE FOR TROY SMITH!!!

ANYONE BUT BRADY QUINN PLEEEAAASSEEEE!!!!

THANX

https://r.espn.go.com/espn/contests/theheismanvote/index

If you delete your cookies in internet options, you can vote again, i believe)

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a great game. Ohio State really proved that they are the number 1 team in the country today. For me, before this game, that was in doubt. Although it was pretty close the whole way, the Buckeyes were in control virtually the entire time. Great game Ohio State and now to see who gets into the Championship Game to face them.

Rutgers. :D

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

With all due respect to a great Michigan team that played a helluva game today...

I know I am going to come off as a homer here and that's why I am asking this question. Please keep in mind that I am asking this in all seriousness and sincerity. Was it just my obvious bias or was that game never really as close as it appeared to be? I'm not saying Michigan didn't play a great game but was Ohio State ever in any real danger of losing? If it's just me I can live with that but I am seriously looking for a more objective opinion.

Thanks. :D

BB52Big.jpg

With all due respect to a great Michigan team that played a helluva game today...

I know I am going to come off as a homer here and that's why I am asking this question. Please keep in mind that I am asking this in all seriousness and sincerity. Was it just my obvious bias or was that game never really as close as it appeared to be? I'm not saying Michigan didn't play a great game but was Ohio State ever in any real danger of losing? If it's just me I can live with that but I am seriously looking for a more objective opinion.

Thanks. :D

To me, it only looked like they would lose (if at all) after Michigan scored first. Never more.

You're welcome.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

The best team won!!!

They did indeed.

Michigan had three takeaways, scored 39 points, and still lost. Sorry but a great team always wins with 39 points and three takeaways. If on Thursday you had told any Michigan fan or media "expert" that the Wolverines would score 39 points and get three Buckeye turnovers they would have all guaranteed an easy Michigan win. Conversely, Ohio State gave up 39 points, turned the ball over three times, and still won easily. The Buckeyes spent most of the third quarter shooting themselves in the foot. The game was never as close as it appeared.

The best team was obvious after the opening drive of the game.

Michigan had their shot. They couldn't close the deal. Who's next?

See ya in Arizona! :D

BB52Big.jpg

Saying that Michigan was never close enough to win is stupid. They were going to get the ball back down by four with four or five minutes left. It was 3rd and very long. Troy Smith threw an incompletion, but a Michigan player hit him late out of bounds. Michigan could have took the lead. You are stupid if you say that game wasn't close. Good Game Ohio State, I think there should be a rematch. Not just because I am a Michigan fan, but everyone else has at least one loss, and Michigan's was a close game against the #1 team. Michigan and Ohio State are the two best teams in the country, so they should play for the title. Michigan should not be punished for playing them late in the season.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Saying that Michigan was never close enough to win is stupid. They were going to get the ball back down by four with four or five minutes left. It was 3rd and very long. Troy Smith threw an incompletion, but a Michigan player hit him late out of bounds. Michigan could have took the lead. You are stupid if you say that game wasn't close. Good Game Ohio State, I think there should be a rematch. Not just because I am a Michigan fan, but everyone else has at least one loss, and Michigan's was a close game against the #1 team. Michigan and Ohio State are the two best teams in the country, so they should play for the title. Michigan should not be punished for playing them late in the season.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Michigan could have done a lot of things yesterday but they didn't. It wasn't as close as the score indicated. We beat your asses. Scoreboard. I may be stupid but you know what? I'm headed for Arizona to watch my team play for the title. Have fun doing all the math and rooting for all the losses you'll need to get there too. We took care of business when we had to. Unfortunately you did not. All that matters is the final score.

By the way...That's 5 out of the last 6.

BB52Big.jpg

I think I found the perfect holiday gift for you. lol

Scoreboard.jpg

NO REMATCH 4 YOU!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Michigan could have done a lot of things yesterday but they didn't. It wasn't as close as the score indicated. We beat your asses. Scoreboard. I may be stupid but you know what? I'm headed for Arizona to watch my team play for the title. Have fun doing all the math and rooting for all the losses you'll need to get there too. We took care of business when we had to. Unfortunately you did not. All that matters is the final score.

I agree with you that the game was never really in doubt. The buckeyes lead by 14 at half and by 11 for most of the second half. And except for michigan's opening drive I was never worried about OSU losing. But like you said that probably comes from my tremendous homerism.

As for a rematch, I am not in favor of one. My opinion is that because there is no playoff for Division one college football it makes the regular season the playoff. Michigan just lost the playoff game. It'd be like two teams playing in the AFC championship game and then playing again in the super bowl. They had their chance and they lost. So now all of these Michigan fans know what the 90's felt like for Ohio State fans.

By the way, I thought Michigan was uspposed to have like this impenetrable defense. I was less than impressed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Scoreboard.jpg

NO REMATCH 4 YOU!!!

lol @ the BCS standings today.

Scoreboard.jpg

NO REMATCH 4 YOU!!!

I still think it's going to be USC that will end up facing The Ohio State University.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

OHIO STATE WINS!!!!!!!!!!

Im happier than Elves at Christmas!

Little people who have to work almost endlessly like slaves without pay for a fat animal abuser? :blink: I take it you're a Michigan fan then?

Now back to what I was going to say originally: My take on this is that Ohio State's opponent will either be Arkansas, or the winner of the USC/Notre Dame game.

nyg1-sm.gifrangers2-sm.gifyankees4-sm.gifknicks-sm.gif

mysigdj9.png

It was as close as the scoreboard indicated. It was definitely no blowout, and you cannot say Michigan never had a chance to win. Good thing you guys paid Troy Smith enough to play for you.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Scoreboard.jpg

NO REMATCH 4 YOU!!!

I still think it's going to be USC that will end up facing The Ohio State University.

Don't get me wrong, I am a PAC-10 fan to the end (minus UofA). But USC has no business being in the National Championship. They lost to a good (but unranked) Oregon State team and have had numerous close games this year. They are honestly one of the most overrated teams I have seen in a while (minus Rutgers). I would love to see a Ohio/Michigan rematch.

PopHeading-1.gif

Good thing you guys paid Troy Smith enough to play for you.

Ahh there it is. The Michigan fan's traditional response to a loss. The "pay your players" remark. C'mon. After three straight years of losing to us one would think that Michigan fans for as smart as they're supposed to be would come up with a more original way to whine. Seems to me that so far the only person here who thinks it was actually a close game is the guy with the Michigan avatar. Hey we'll be happy to beat your asses again if you find a way to back in to the title game. Bring it on!

BB52Big.jpg

Archived