Official Ohio State Vs Michigan Thread

HatManTC

Not a Michigan fan, but an OSU Hater. GO BLUE!!! Unfortunately, I think OSU will win. They will show the nation that they paid their dues by playing their hard schedule of THREE hard games this year and they overfilled their usual quota of road games for a season. They played FIVE on the road. Wow. They are usually good for one or two. :P Here's to Michigan winning...but if they did, OSU would probably get a rematch in the title game and win that more important game. Maybe I'll have to wait for my alma mater to bring the heat to Columbus next year (YSU). :D

KISSwall09.jpg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a Michigan fan, but an OSU Hater. GO BLUE!!! Unfortunately, I think OSU will win. They will show the nation that they paid their dues by playing their hard schedule of THREE hard games this year and they overfilled their usual quota of road games for a season. They played FIVE on the road. Wow. They are usually good for one or two. :P Here's to Michigan winning...but if they did, OSU would probably get a rematch in the title game and win that more important game. Maybe I'll have to wait for my alma mater to bring the heat to Columbus next year (YSU). :D

yeah cause Michigan's schedule was so hard. Look at these games.

Vanderbilt

Central Michigan

@Notre Dame

Wisconsin

@Minnesota

Michigan State

@Penn State

Iowa

Northwestern

Ball State

@Indiana

@Ohio State.

Not exactly the hardest schedule in the country. And guess how many road games the wolverines will have played when the season is over. Five, just like the buckeyes. If you're trying to say Ohio State had an easy schedule then you can most definately say that Michigan also had an easy schedule.

PvO6ZWJ.png

yeah cause Michigan's schedule was so hard. Look at these games.

Vanderbilt

Central Michigan

@Notre Dame

Wisconsin

@Minnesota

Michigan State

@Penn State

Iowa

Northwestern

Ball State

@Indiana

@Ohio State.

Not exactly the hardest schedule in the country. And guess how many road games the wolverines will have played when the season is over. Five, just like the buckeyes. If you're trying to say Ohio State had an easy schedule then you can most definately say that Michigan also had an easy schedule.

You can also say that Michigan and Ohio State have had similar seasons as well to pit this #1 vrs #2 matchup, both beat a number 2 opponent early in the season, both have mowed over the Big Ten, both have had scares in the exact same week. Just the only difference will be the score this Saturday, sorry Suckeye fans but this will be the score

MICHIGAN 24

ohio state 21

I already have tickets to the BCS National Championship and whoever makes it I will be rooting or booing, i'd rather do the booing

GO BLUE

Whatever happens, I hope there isn't a rematch in Glendale. While it would obviously help the national championship chances of both teams, I think it would cheapen the import of what is one of the greatest games in our lifetime this Saturday.

Thank you. If a team can't beat the other team in the regular season I don't want to see them go at it again for a national championship. There's too many good teams out there for there to have to be a rematch of two teams that already played.*

*-This applies across the board, no Michigan-Ohio State, no Michigan-Notre Dame, no USC-Notre Dame, no USC-Arkansas, etc. If they met in a BCS bowl that's one thing, if they met in the championship, that's another thing entirely.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Blue - 17

Suckeyes/Luckeyes/Losers - 14

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I'm going to take this oppurtunity to let Chris know about something that has bugged me for a long time. The Ohio State logo on the main page is incorrect.

Right now it looks like this

badosu.png

when it should look like this

goodosu.png

Thank You.

Oh yeah. My prediction. Ohio State wins. No score prediction, I don't believe in predicting scores.

PvO6ZWJ.png

For all you betters, the line was 6.5 yesterday. Vegas is practically begging us to pick Michigan to cover. I guess this mean Ohio State is going to cream them.

I hope not, but Vegas ain't stupid.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Oh, and Ohio State fans, if you haven't listened to any Dead Schembechlers songs yet, you might wanna get on that.

Yeah, those are hilarious, NOT. At least you did go back and edit it now, and its not like you knew he was going to die, but still, how would those even be funny when he was alive? I am not old enough to remember his coaching days, but I understand what he did for the team. This brings a whole new feeling to the game for me. Let's Go Blue! Go out and win this game for Bo.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Oh, and Ohio State fans, if you haven't listened to any Dead Schembechlers songs yet, you might wanna get on that.

Yeah, those are hilarious, NOT. At least you did go back and edit it now, and its not like you knew he was going to die, but still, how would those even be funny when he was alive? I am not old enough to remember his coaching days, but I understand what he did for the team. This brings a whole new feeling to the game for me. Let's Go Blue! Go out and win this game for Bo.

Yeah, I really do apologize for that, I just thought it was one of those kind of weird sports song/band thing that pops us occasionally like the Super Bowl Shuffle or back when Pearl Jam was named Mookie Blaylock.

They put this on their myspace band page after learning of his death.

The band is crushed to learn of the death of Bo Schembechler. We named this band after Coach Schembechler to honor him as the face of Wolverine football. We have never wished ill will upon him in any way and have always wished him the best. When we learned that Bo had seen our web site and was amused by it we were delighted. We were simply delighted. He said to those with him as he read it, "See, I still matter in Columbus!" That may have been the greatest understatement in football history. We believe that he took the band's name as the compliment that it was meant as and that he was flattered by it. We wish to extend our deepest and most heartfelt sympathies to his family. We are truly sorry for their loss

They also announced their concert tonight would be the last they would do under the Dead Schembechlers name and that the proceeds from the concert would go to a charity of the family's choice.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Seeing as how it's college football, I hope the stadium collapses and game is cancelled. I couldn't give even the smallest :censored: about this game because it'd a shameful waste of perfectly good feces.

What makes this rivalry and more bigger or important than any other College or North American sports rivalry? Is it the colors? The names?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Seeing as how it's college football, I hope the stadium collapses and game is cancelled. I couldn't give even the smallest :censored: about this game because it'd a shameful waste of perfectly good feces.

What makes this rivalry and more bigger or important than any other College or North American sports rivalry? Is it the colors? The names?

If you don't care, then don't post. It is bigger because it is the biggest rivalry in college football, and this year they happen to be #1 and #2, on the last game of the year. The winner will go to the National Championship. That is why it is bigger and more important.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Well, I can understand the importance of the game, but what makes this rivalry more bigger than any other rivalry?

Well, you can start with the two states in their border war for the Toledo Strip back in the day. That preceded the schools playing one another on the gridiron. The rivalry really didn't hit its zenith until Bo took the job in Ann Arbor and promptly beat his mentor, ruining back-to-back championships for Woody. That "10-year War" is what has made this one of, if not the most heated rivalry in North America.

as someone who doesn't love or hate either team,

i'll pick OSU over Michigan, 34-23.

I personally don't get passionate over rivalries, but its fun to watch other people do so though. I know somebody on line that i talk to that is a Michigan fan from Detroit and he hates every thing about Ohio including the state of Ohio, people from ohio, teams from ohio basically anything associated with ohio. In fact he once told me that the most disappointing moment in us history is that Robert E. Lee didn't march into Ohio and burn the state to the ground like Sherman burned Atlanta to the ground during the ACW. I would go in to what he thought should be done to the OSU fans but since W and the FBI/CIA/DHS etc is watching this post i'll decline the details. lets just say it goes beyond OSU/Michigan rivalry hatred, and in to the pathological.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

GO BLOW!

I'm going with Ohio State 35, that school up north 14

Troy, Teddy, and the Road Warrior Laurinaitis will dominate the weasels. My only regret is that I'll have to be working during the game to help the Demon Deacons destroy the Hokies.

I pick OSU only because they're at home. If this was a neutral site game, I would have gone with Michigan.

Should be entertaining.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, I can understand the importance of the game, but what makes this rivalry more bigger than any other rivalry?

There isn't. It's just like Red Sawks versus Yankees. Everyone is just bandwagoning.

New York:Ohio State as Boston:Michigan.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Archived