Busted! (Again)

Chief.

Exhibit A: Our webteam shirts, "designed" by you-know-who:

Webteamshirt.jpg

Exhibit B: One of many Harley-Davidson logos:

HDlogo.jpg

Brilliant!

Now, I brought it up to my graphic design teacher and he contacted the webteam teacher, but got nowhere. I don't want anyone emailing the site about this or anything, but I just wanted to show, again, that plagiarism is not the way to go, as most everyone on here already knows. Now you know (apparently Captain Ripoff still doesn't), and knowing is half the battle!

Have you tried going above those teachers who won't take any action? Like, departments heads, or principals? Maybe even the superintendent?

If blatant plagiarizing is allowed to continue, it says a lot about your school's and town's education system if they're casting a blind eye to it.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Have you tried going above those teachers who won't take any action? Like, departments heads, or principals? Maybe even the superintendent?

If blatant plagiarizing is allowed to continue, it says a lot about your school's and town's education system if they're casting a blind eye to it.

I know, it's insane. Every teacher in the art department understands the issue, but everyone else is like, "Oh, it's just a logo on a t-shirt, no big deal,". I can assure all of them that after meeting and listening to the head of the graphic design at Fort Hays State University, this kid isn't going to make it. In fact, he won't even get in because he's never taken an art class in high school (webteam is obviously not an art class). Since this kid's mother is in position of power (on the school board) his ass is being covered in every incident. In fact, some higher-ups still do not know about the Hawaii Warriors incident because it "Wasn't that big of a deal" (we all know it was covered up so he wouldn't have plagiarism on his permanent record). But every time I open my mouth about it in webteam one more person ends up hating me and I sound like a crazy person just because of people's ignorance.

I know, it's insane. Every teacher in the art department understands the issue, but everyone else is like, "Oh, it's just a logo on a t-shirt, no big deal,". I can assure all of them that after meeting and listening to the head of the graphic design at Fort Hays State University, this kid isn't going to make it. In fact, he won't even get in because he's never taken an art class in high school (webteam is obviously not an art class). Since this kid's mother is in position of power (on the school board) his ass is being covered in every incident. In fact, some higher-ups still do not know about the Hawaii Warriors incident because it "Wasn't that big of a deal" (we all know it was covered up so he wouldn't have plagiarism on his permanent record). But every time I open my mouth about it in webteam one more person ends up hating me and I sound like a crazy person just because of people's ignorance.

My advice would be to ignore it, and laugh when he finds out he'll never make it in the graphic design business.

My advice would be to ignore it, and laugh when he finds out he'll never make it in the graphic design business.

Amen to that. I was a "board president kid" myself and I know first hand how much you can get out of simply because of that. Honestly, don't let him bother you that much. We are definitely a community here, but the fact that you have come onto a message board to talk about this kid twice shows that he is getting to you way more than he should. Try to draw attention to what he is doing, but if no one is going to do anything about it, like Icecap said, just sit back and enjoy watching whats coming

PopHeading-1.gif

Wow....that kid really is a d**k! Forget ignoring it....Have a Harley shirt with that logo on it...don't bother wearing it just go up to him hand him the shirt......then punch him in the balls....that'll teach him :D You can leave out giving him the shirt if you want but the kid really needs a punch in the sack...

CIDesignSig.png

Normally, I would be in the "let it go, he'll get his" camp, but this :censored: is ridiculous. Since you seem to be able to find the designs he rips off, I would present a slide show of his "work" to him, his mom, his dad, his teacher, the web team advisor, and whoever else. Who knows if it will actually "stop" him, but that's not the point. He needs to know that he can't get away with stealing others' work and he definitely needs to be embarrassed...in a major, major way.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Only just read this and no idea about the past, any chance of the links to the other ripoffs and is it your teacher who is doing it

Here

Squeaks: I know it sounds like it's bugging me more than it should, maybe it is, but the biggest problem I have with this is that he gets twice the opportunities of those who deserve them. He was never punished for the previous incident and he still gets any opportunity he wants because of his name. Plus, I work and work and work on my designs (along with every other designer who does original work) but some can get a good design reputation from the 30 seconds it takes to steal a logo. I'm ranting, I know, but I don't like this situation. I don't like it at all.

Sounds like a proper scumbag. Though i have to admit i did use existing logos (Boston CollegeEagles) on my website until i posted it on here and changed it thanks to the help of the board. However he cannot rip designs off, getting inspiration from them is one thing, just ripping it off is another. Think you'll have to get a harley t-shirt now

logo.png

Squeaks: I know it sounds like it's bugging me more than it should, maybe it is, but the biggest problem I have with this is that he gets twice the opportunities of those who deserve them. He was never punished for the previous incident and he still gets any opportunity he wants because of his name. Plus, I work and work and work on my designs (along with every other designer who does original work) but some can get a good design reputation from the 30 seconds it takes to steal a logo. I'm ranting, I know, but I don't like this situation. I don't like it at all.

You are definitely preaching to the choir here chief. I completely agree on how messed up it is and don't blame you for being pissed off. He differently needs to be held accountable for what he is doing and I hope you can help that happen. I just simply was trying to tell you to not let it get to you so much. I understand where the frustration and anger comes from, but I have learned that to live a happy and less stressful life you have to let the :cursing:-holes not get to you and let it roll off your back. Keep fighting the good fight, but don't let it consume your time.

PopHeading-1.gif

This kid deserves to be made an example of. Talk to HD and the principal.

The kid is basically cheating on his homework, infringing on copyrights, and plagiarising other people's work.

It's obvious he'll never make it anywhere in the design business, but you can't just stand by and watch as somebody steals whatever he feels like.

Take him down.

Save the slugalo.

XCShirtAF.jpg

AirForce.jpg

XCShirt2.jpg

WSHRedskins.jpg

I'm just laughing at this point. It is so unbelievably ridiculous and out of hand. I really think he plagiarized every design he's taken credit for. I am speechless...mostly because I'm laughing too hard. It's funny, he was just bragging about that Redskins ripoff the other day. Thanks Squeaks, I'm taking a different look at this. You're right, I can keep fighting, but not let it piss me off too much.

Wow...just wow.

Nobody's seen the Air Force logo before?

I suggest sending the Redskins logo to Dan Snyder. I'm sure your school will be recieving a phone call from a lawyer posthaste.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sending a letter to the Owner, CEO or President of a team is not likely to work. I doubt the letter would even get to their desks.

If you want to go the route of contacting the teams directly, you'd be best to contact someone in the media relations or licensing & trademark departments. These are the areas that deal directly with the marketing and proper use of their teams & schools identities.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Hahaha, the ppl that steal those logos and change it to use it for themselves are just pathetic.

They do not have the right to ever say they are creative or even artists. Originality counts for something.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived