New jerseys for Madden, NCAA coming

Waffles

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2006/11/30/news_6162533.html

As the holidays approach, it appears EA is getting into the spirit of giving. On the official forums for Madden NFL 07, an EA rep who goes by the handle "EA Sports RAC" says that the company will be releasing alternative jerseys for both Madden NFL 07 and NCAA Football 07 on Xbox Live Marketplace for free download.

For Madden NFL 07, each NFL team will have an extra jersey to sport, with older teams getting uniforms of the throwback variety and more recently added teams getting alternate jerseys worn in the 2005 season.

For NCAA Football 07, alternate jerseys will be available for teams in the following conferences: the ACC, Big 10, Big East, Conference USA, Pac 10, Mountain West, SEC, Big 12, and the WAC.

Not to turn this into a gaming thread or war, but (since I don't own an Xbox or PS3) does it actually cost money to download an alternate jersey (that should be included)? Is this the same for the PS3? Can someone make a computer file of the alternate jersey (or fan created one) and download it instead (like the PC versions of the games)?

This is rediculous if there's a charge. $500+ for a gaming system. $60 for a mediocre (anymore) Madden game and now jump through hoops and/or pay money because I want to have my team in an alt jersey.

KISSwall09.jpg

Is there any way to get the third-jerseys if I don't have Live? Is there a disk you could request or anything? It seems really cheap to penalize those who are willing to play almost $500 for the system and the game, but who don't want to pay for an online service that they don't want to use.

It seems really cheap to penalize those who are willing to play almost $500 for the system and the game, but who don't want to pay for an online service that they don't want to use.

You can download things on the Xbox Marketplace without paying the XBL subscription fee.

1zgyd8w.jpg

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2006/11/30/news_6162533.html

As the holidays approach, it appears EA is getting into the spirit of giving. On the official forums for Madden NFL 07, an EA rep who goes by the handle "EA Sports RAC" says that the company will be releasing alternative jerseys for both Madden NFL 07 and NCAA Football 07 on Xbox Live Marketplace for free download.

For Madden NFL 07, each NFL team will have an extra jersey to sport, with older teams getting uniforms of the throwback variety and more recently added teams getting alternate jerseys worn in the 2005 season.

For NCAA Football 07, alternate jerseys will be available for teams in the following conferences: the ACC, Big 10, Big East, Conference USA, Pac 10, Mountain West, SEC, Big 12, and the WAC.

What about teams that already have third/alternate jerseys that they wear on a regular basis (Ole Miss, Vandy, Cal, and my God, Oregon)?

ok so are they gonna fix the ungodly amount of errors in the uniforms? that's what I care about not adding in more rubbish...

they've got teams wearing the wrong color cleats, jersey combos that never existed, striping errors, etc. (you guys know)

I wish they cared about the accuracy of the teams uniforms a little more

AND adding more flexibility with uniform creation..they've had teh same template for what...6 years or so now?

ok so are they gonna fix the ungodly amount of errors in the uniforms? that's what I care about not adding in more rubbish...

they've got teams wearing the wrong color cleats, jersey combos that never existed, striping errors, etc. (you guys know)

I wish they cared about the accuracy of the teams uniforms a little more

AND adding more flexibility with uniform creation..they've had teh same template for what...6 years or so now?

this is for xbox360...

xbox 360 dosen't have a problem with combos that never existed, because they only give 2 uniforms per team. 1 home, 1 road. no alternate pants. no alternate jerseys.

also, there isn't a uniform/team creation.

so yeah... now i can make the titans wear oilers jerseys, but i can't make them wear the titans columbia blue jersey at all.

The new uniforms are mostly throwbacks, and most of them are off in some way. The Seahawks uniform is missing the wrap-around seahawk on the sleeve. How do they miss that? EA should have included all throwbacks and alternates in the game if they were going to put it off then release only throwbacks for free later on. Take a page out of the 2K series and include accurate throwback/alternate uniforms (yes, I know there were a lot of fictional alternates, but it's better than nothing).

What I don't get about this again is that it's on the OLDER versions of the game and on the OLDER consoles. Imagine having a nice car with power everything and when it's time to upgrade, you splurge and get a porsche...with no power anything.

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived