Saints in All Black Today

ahub

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent. With the Bills in their throwback alts today, my favorite uniforms in the league will be on full display. It's just so exciting.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I was a season ticket holder in 2001 when they first wore these against the Redskins and my first reaction was "Colorado Buffaloes"..I dont hate these uni's , but seeing the Bills throwbacks make me long for the uniforms of old...

"We root for the laundry"

(Jerome Seinfeld)

Me neither. You talk about other teams looking like ballet dancers when they wear all black. At least the Jaguars have some sort of logo on their pants, at least the Falcons have some piping, and the Bengals, as ugly as they look, are somewhat interesting, and don't look like they're wearing leotards.

The Saints, seriously, looked like they were wearing leotards and about to make a guest spot in the Madonna "Justify My Love" video.

But once again, the players lobbied for it, they won in them, so this look is also here to stay.

Me neither. You talk about other teams looking like ballet dancers when they wear all black. At least the Jaguars have some sort of logo on their pants, at least the Falcons have some piping, and the Bengals, as ugly as they look, are somewhat interesting, and don't look like they're wearing leotards.

The Saints, seriously, looked like they were wearing leotards and about to make a guest spot in the Madonna "Justify My Love" video.

But once again, the players lobbied for it, they won in them, so this look is also here to stay.

Um...the Saints DO have a fleur-de-lis logo on the hips of their pants. And look at Mr. Drew Brees, gettin' low and stretchin' it out like he bout to pose for a Heisman or something...and someone tell Mike McKenzie to do somethin' bout all that daggone HAIR!! (Of course, I also need to tell Juran Bolden that...along with half the--you know what...Imma jus' hang that one up.)

All that said, I didn't like the Saints' all-black when Ricky Williams was with them...I don't like them now. Maybe if the pants had a broad gold stripe akin to the black stripe on their gold pants...

...On second thought, I take that back.

Saints...just kill the black-on-black. It ain't workin'.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Um...the Saints DO have a fleur-de-lis logo on the hips of their pants. And look at Mr. Drew Brees, gettin' low and stretchin' it out like he bout to pose for a Heisman or something...and someone tell Mike McKenzie to do somethin' bout all that daggone HAIR!! (Of course, I also need to tell Juran Bolden that...along with half the--you know what...Imma jus' hang that one up.)

All that said, I didn't like the Saints' all-black when Ricky Williams was with them...I don't like them now. Maybe if the pants had a broad gold stripe akin to the black stripe on their gold pants...

The fleur-de-lis is there? Eh, I thought that was an nfl logo, or it must be really SMALL.

Or maybe it was the delerium from watching the Falcons win a game for the first time since October.

It might look a little better if they wore some "gold" socks, like the lions "silver" socks thay used to use with the blue pants. You can't really make socks metallic, but they can't match their golds anyways, so it might not look that bad.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I don't much care for the all-black either. However, I do recall that in the Ditka/Ricky Williams era the Saints had black pants with a gold stripe for just one year. It was actually worse - it added yet another gold color to the mix that looked like brown mustard, which I believe is why the current black pants are stripeless.

I don't much care for the all-black either. However, I do recall that in the Ditka/Ricky Williams era the Saints had black pants with a gold stripe for just one year. It was actually worse - it added yet another gold color to the mix that looked like brown mustard, which I believe is why the current black pants are stripeless.

You're right, they did, and if they could match the gold throughout the uni it would look awesome. Oh, and go with the gold numbers outlined in black for the road uni too.

rwilliams3.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I liked their all-black look. My favorite one of the several that have appeared the last couple years. It looks real clean and crisp.

Somehow the Jags and Ravens come out looking like ninjas to me. And the Falcons uniform is just too confusing with all the stripes and stuff.

Archived