Vince Young for Rookie of the Year

TFoA

For all the hype that Reggie Bush has gotten, he hasn't broken out until last week.

For all the love that Marques Colston got, he got hurt, unfortunately.

For all the 4th-quarter clutchness that Jerious Norwood has had, he's also been a tad bit injury prone.

For all the people clamoring about "BENCH JAKE PLUMMER NOW!!!", look what that got them...

For all the people talking about how Matt Leinart is an NFL quality QB, where are they?

So yeah, Vince Young, ever since he got the nod to start, has been nothing but effective in everyone of his starts. And today, he finally go the play of the year, IMO, with that 39-yard scamper and jumping into the sea of orange that was there to support him. What better way to get back at a team taht passed you and the Heisman Trophy winner up by killing them in OT? So yeah, after beating the Mannings in order, and this game, Vince Young = Rookie of the Year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the people talking about how Matt Leinart is an NFL quality QB, where are they?

Leinart is a good QB. Problem is, he has absolutely NO line. I mean look at Edge's stats this year. Do you think he honestly went that far down in talent in a year? Leinart is a MUCH better QB then Young when talking about actually passing. Vince Young is a good overall player and is a play maker. But to be honest, I think Leinart is the better QB by definition.

PopHeading-1.gif

But, that definition doesn't mean jack squat considering that Arizona is just plain horrid this season.

But, yeah. I'm easily going on the Vince Young for Rookie of the Year bandwagon. What else can't he do?

But, that definition doesn't mean jack squat considering that Arizona is just plain horrid this season.

But, yeah. I'm easily going on the Vince Young for Rookie of the Year bandwagon. What else can't he do?

They beat your Seahawks today. :P (Sorry, it's not often a Cardinals fan can talk crap, couldn't help myself)

PopHeading-1.gif

This proves my theory that these "experts" don't actually watch the games. If you saw his past two games (thanks to NFL Replay :D ), you'd see that Vince Young has kicked ass his past two games. Apparently this week was no exception, and apparently his other games were the same.

EDIT: They do. Save for 95% of the ESPN Football Analysts.

This proves my theory that these "experts" don't actually watch the games. If you saw his past two games (thanks to NFL Replay :D ), you'd see that Vince Young has kicked ass his past two games. Apparently this week was no exception, and apparently his other games were the same.

EDIT: They do. Save for 95% of the ESPN Football Analysts.

I believe Hodge made all those statements before the last two game. I'm not sure when he made the the ones on NFL matchup but the ones on ESPN news came just after the Titans 4th preseason game. At the time I thin you could say there was serious doubt on if Young would be a good QB. The video is quite misleading.

That said Young has played great and deserves serious consideration for rookie of the year.

They beat your Seahawks today. :P (Sorry, it's not often a Cardinals fan can talk crap, couldn't help myself)

Ouch, last week my Rams, this week the Seahawks...what the hell is wrong with the NFC West? Its gotta be the worst division in the NFL.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Leinart is a good QB. Problem is, he has absolutely NO line. I mean look at Edge's stats this year. Do you think he honestly went that far down in talent in a year? Leinart is a MUCH better QB then Young when talking about actually passing. Vince Young is a good overall player and is a play maker. But to be honest, I think Leinart is the better QB by definition.

according to webster's:

Main Entry: 1quar·ter·back

Pronunciation: 'kwo®-t&r-"bak

Function: noun

1 : an offensive back in football who usually lines up behind the center, calls the signals, and directs the offensive play of the team

2 : one who directs and leads

what other "definition" are you thinking of?

vince is an offensive back in football... he lines up behind the center (sometimes a couple yards behind him, but behind him nonetheless...) he calls the signals, and directs the offense. he leads the team.

he is a quarterback to the fullest extent of the definition.

according to webster's:

Main Entry: 1quar·ter·back

Pronunciation: 'kwo®-t&r-"bak

Function: noun

1 : an offensive back in football who usually lines up behind the center, calls the signals, and directs the offensive play of the team

2 : one who directs and leads

what other "definition" are you thinking of?

vince is an offensive back in football... he lines up behind the center (sometimes a couple yards behind him, but behind him nonetheless...) he calls the signals, and directs the offense. he leads the team.

he is a quarterback to the fullest extent of the definition.

Yes, taking a term so literally that the online dictionary is used can do that from time to time. You know what I meant. I mean Vick is a QB by definition but he is obviously not a traditional QB. Leinart is much more of a traditional NFL QB (although it seems to be changing now) than Young. Young is a play maker no doubt, but I don't think he is on the same level (passing wise) as Leinart. He is a bigger, stronger and slightly better throwing version of Vick. I don't question he should be Rookie of the Year though. He has been on fire for the last few weeks.

PopHeading-1.gif

i just don't see what there is to complain about from vince.

i don't care how unconventional vince's style is... and i think it's a disgrace to say vince throws "slightly better" than vick. he has been hitting his receivers the last several games. he's also had several home run passes dropped all year long.

i just don't see how vince is any less of a quarterback. one style is no better than another. vince's style doesn't rack up the gaudy passing stats that other styles do, but his style is hard to defend against, and gets results. that's all you can ask. it would be one thing if vince had 100 yards rushing every game, and never pulled it out in the clutch... but that's simply not the case.

even dungy said after the game that vince was reading their defense and capitalizing on long runs when they played him too loose.

he makes throws when he needs them, he leads the team up the field with authority. he stands tall in the pocket. he reads the defense, and attacks it's weak points, and he finds ways to win games. calm. collected. athletic. and cerebral.

vince isn't even the kind of QB that runs scared. he runs when he sees an opening. he has the skill to get the first down, if they give it to him. you can't say he's any less of a quarterback for taking the running lanes that the defense gives him... even stone-foot peyton attempted it against the titans, only a long 3rd down. he just didn't have the athleticism to pull it off.

and sorry for using the dictionary definition of a quarterback.. but you said leinart is a better quarterback "by definition"....

and that's just not true. he's more conventional, and plays the position with a more stereotypical style... by your logic, bobby orr wasn't half the defenseman that scott stevens was.

I am sorry I used the wrong terminology. I in no way said Vince Young wasn't a good QB, I just meant to simply state that I feel Leinhart is a better thrower than Young but I obviously feel Young is the overall better player this year due to me saying I agree he should get Rookie of the Year.

PopHeading-1.gif

For all the hype that Reggie Bush has gotten, he hasn't broken out until last week.

For all the love that Marques Colston got, he got hurt, unfortunately.

You're a little early. Yeah, Reggie's a late bloomer and Colston got hurt (though he's back). Vince could be the one to go down this week so let's look at this again at the appropriate time...when the season's over.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I am sorry I used the wrong terminology. I in no way said Vince Young wasn't a good QB, I just meant to simply state that I feel Leinhart is a better thrower than Young but I obviously feel Young is the overall better player this year due to me saying I agree he should get Rookie of the Year.

Here's a newsflash for you, if Leinert was as good as ESPN made everyone think he was, then he should be able to go out there by himself and beat the Chargers.

Sorry, that's more overhyped than bad, but my point is still true. Young's had a better year this year. The NFL is unfair. I wish the Falcons could hire a coach who can tie his own shoes, but what are you gonna do?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

As far as overall impact that actually means something, you might have to go with Marcus McNeill of the Chargers. He's the starting LT for a team that has the best record in the league, one of the league's leading passers (despite being a first-year starter), and one of the best running games in NFL history.

Not to take anything away from VY, because he has certainly been spectacular, but if you look at his statistics, the only three solid games he has played have been the last 3. He may well become the best player from the 2006 draft, but McNeill has contributed far more this season.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Archived