Vince Young for Rookie of the Year

TFoA

I am sorry I used the wrong terminology. I in no way said Vince Young wasn't a good QB, I just meant to simply state that I feel Leinhart is a better thrower than Young but I obviously feel Young is the overall better player this year due to me saying I agree he should get Rookie of the Year.

Here's a newsflash for you, if Leinert was as good as ESPN made everyone think he was, then he should be able to go out there by himself and beat the Chargers.

Sorry, that's more overhyped than bad, but my point is still true. Young's had a better year this year. The NFL is unfair. I wish the Falcons could hire a coach who can tie his own shoes, but what are you gonna do?

Actually, you could put Peyton Manning on the Cardinals and they would still find a way to lose. Leinhart hasn't really been a bad QB this year, like I said, he has absolutely no line. I guess Edge is just as overrated as Leinhart is. I mean look at the year he is having and if he was that good he could go out there alone with one hand tied behind his back and against 50 pro bowl defensive players and win, right? :wacko:

Thanks for the "newsflash" though. :rolleyes:

Don't get snappy. Let me ask you this: If you switched the offenses of Tennessee and Arizona (meaning Young and his line were Cardinals and Lienart and his line were Titans), would you say that Lienart would deserve it then?

(Basically, I'm calling you a homer)

Please go back and read my posts. I NEVER once said Lienart should get the award. I even said I believe Vince Young should get it with the year he is having.

On a side note, I find it kind of weird that this Vince Young talk has really picked up after his overtime run against the Texans. It's the Texans. There is no way they should of even been in OT for starters. If he would of done this against a D like Chicago I would be a LOT more impressed, but I just can't get excited at a last minute OT play against a horrible team.

*Edit* Thanks for the PM Cyclopsis

part of the big deal, is that before vince young took over, the titans were equally horrible.

and i think most of the talk started once the titans upset the colts... because it proved that it wasn't a one-week wonder, with what he did against the giants.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry I used the wrong terminology. I in no way said Vince Young wasn't a good QB, I just meant to simply state that I feel Leinhart is a better thrower than Young but I obviously feel Young is the overall better player this year due to me saying I agree he should get Rookie of the Year.

Here's a newsflash for you, if Leinert was as good as ESPN made everyone think he was, then he should be able to go out there by himself and beat the Chargers.

Sorry, that's more overhyped than bad, but my point is still true. Young's had a better year this year. The NFL is unfair. I wish the Falcons could hire a coach who can tie his own shoes, but what are you gonna do?

Actually, you could put Peyton Manning on the Cardinals and they would still find a way to lose. Leinhart hasn't really been a bad QB this year, like I said, he has absolutely no line. I guess Edge is just as overrated as Leinhart is. I mean look at the year he is having and if he was that good he could go out there alone with one hand tied behind his back and against 50 pro bowl defensive players and win, right? :wacko:

Don't get snappy. Let me ask you this: If you switched the offenses of Tennessee and Arizona (meaning Young and his line were Cardinals and Lienart and his line were Titans), would you say that Lienart would deserve it then?

Please go back and read my posts. I NEVER once said Lienart should get the award. I even said I believe Vince Young should get it with the year he is having.

On a side note, I find it kind of weird that this Vince Young talk has really picked up after his overtime run against the Texans. It's the Texans. There is no way they should of even been in OT for starters. If he would of done this against a D like Chicago I would be a LOT more impressed, but I just can't get excited at a last minute OT play against a horrible team.

part of the big deal, is that before vince young took over, the titans were equally horrible.

and i think most of the talk started once the titans upset the colts... because it proved that it wasn't a one-week wonder, with what he did against the giants.

I sincerely doubt that the Titans were "just as horrible" as the Cardinals.

The Titans have a respected GM in Floyd Reese and a capable coaching staff led by the underrated Jeff Fisher.

The Cruds? They have nothing but a fat gasbag for a coach, an invisible GM, and an owner that still ranks among the league's worst.

The Titans have a respected GM in Floyd Reese and a capable coaching staff led by the underrated Jeff Fisher.

The Cruds? They have nothing but a fat gasbag for a coach, an invisible GM, and an owner that still ranks among the league's worst.

Yet, not one person you named lines up to take a single snap on offense, defense, or special teams...

IUe6Hvh.png

Preseason outlook of both teams

RB

Arizona - Edgerrin James

TN - Chris "ouch my toe hurts" Brown and Travis "The Toker" Henry

Advantage - Cardinals

WR

Arizona - Boldin and Fitzgerald

TN - Drew Bennett and David Givens

Advantage - Cardinals

QB

Arizona - Warner and the "NFL Ready" rook

TN - Kerry Collins with about 4 hours to learn the offense and the 3 year project

Advantage - Cardinals

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Titans were considered to be as bad (or worse) as the Cardinals before Vince Young hit his stride.

Yet, not one person you named lines up to take a single snap on offense, defense, or special teams...

Give me a competent organization and solid coaching staff ANYDAY. That staff can mold players into victors.

Hell, look at the freakin' Patriots. Outside of Tom Brady, is there any one real superstar on that team? It's the system. The system beats individual talent, any day of the week.

RB

Arizona - Edgerrin James

Advantage - Cardinals

WR

Advantage - Cardinals

QB

TN - Kerry Collins with about 4 hours to learn the offense and the 3 year project

Advantage - Cardinals

I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Titans were considered to be as bad (or worse) as the Cardinals before Vince Young hit his stride.

So?

Check this out:

Indianapolis RB:

Joseph Addai

Patriots RB:

Laurence Maroney

Cruds RB:

Edgerrin James

Advantage? That's why they play the games.

RB

Arizona - Edgerrin James

Advantage - Cardinals

WR

Advantage - Cardinals

QB

Advantage - Cardinals

Are you seriously going to be listing Warner as an advantage to the Cardinals? I find it kind of odd that you list both Warner AND Leinart for the Cards but only list Collins for Tenn. Let's not forget, Vince was taken before Leinart in the draft, yet you left him out and gave the advantage to the Cards. Also, noticing your sarcasm, how has Leinart shown he is not NFL ready through the games he has played? His numbers are not mind blowing, but if you have seen him play, you can see the skill. All of the analyst are still saying he will be a great QB one day.

Also, you forgot the biggest factor in this whole thing...The line. Arizona's line is absolutely atrocious and that directly effects both the QB and RB in a MAJOR way. If you don't believe me, look at Edgerrin's stats from last year to this year. Trust me, I wish the Cards would of been a better team then the Titans both in the pre-season and today, but its simply not that way. I guess you just won't know what I am talking about unless you are a Cardinals fan.

PopHeading-1.gif

I mentioned all of the quarterbacks. Vince is listed as "The 3 Year Project." That's what all the draft analysts said about him. I'd say Warner is an advantage over Collins considering Collins wasn't brought in until the 3rd week of preseason. I'd also say that Leinart was widely considered the more NFL ready QB prospect over VY. So Warner over Collins, Leinart over Young in year one.

Remember, I'm just talking preseason expectations here. I don't know much about the Cards line, but I can tell you that the Titans line is not full of world beaters either.

Also, the point I'm trying to make is that it was no far stretch when the season began to say that the Titans were just as bad as the Cards. When KFC was the quarterback I would've given the Cards the definite advantage if the two teams played. The Titans started 0-5 and got totally blown out in two of those games. They were not a good football team by any stretch of the imagination.

yeah... i'd say since the titans had the 3rd overall pick in the draft, and the cards had the 10th overall pick in the draft, that the cardinals were at least viewed as a better team by the NFL, at the end of last season.

so i'm going to give my team the benefit of the doubt, in saying that a few of the moves from the offseason (not including the draft picks, but including givens, hope, thornton, and mawae, plus a more mature pacman and brandon jones) pulled us closer to the cards.

hence, why i said they are an equally bad team.

before vince took over this season, we had just recently been the statistically proven 3rd worst team in football, and also winless on the season. (we started 0-5... but vince's first "rookie" games were also included.)

so i think it's safe to say, until vince came along, we were pretty horrible.

Weren't people saying at the begining of the year that THIS could be the year the Cardinals make hte playoffs....

Sorry to get into the middle of your arguement...

Not could, but for the most part, would get into the playoffs. Coming into the season the Cardinals were looked at as the better team. Warner, while not normally an advantage over anybody, was a step up from the situation with Kerry Collins.

IUe6Hvh.png

Weren't people saying at the begining of the year that THIS could be the year the Cardinals make hte playoffs....

Sorry to get into the middle of your arguement...

Feel free to jump in any time, especially when you agree with me. ^_^

and yeah... how sad is that when Kurt Warner is an advantage. KFC was absolutely horrid. If VY or Billy Volek would have started from day one, the Titans might really be in the playoff hunt right now. It was one of the worst decisions of Fisher's and Reese's career.

i'm happy with how things worked out.. i think vince gained some valuable experience sitting for the first little bit. he's said himself that kerry has been nothing but a great mentor for him in the room...

billy was nothing special in the preseason, and obviously wanted nothing to do with the titans organization. players like volek and chris brown were large reasons why we started slowly. none of them cared. none of them had the team spirit. bulluck and KVB looked like the only players trying over the past 2 years.

i think vince's attitude and swagger have done more for the titans than anything else. he's gotten close with pacman (who's also stayed out of trouble since vince took over), close to bulluck, and close with his wideouts... then you've got bo scaife and ahmard hall preaching to the locker room about how any small heroic act vince pulls off is "every day stuff" for him, and to "get used to it."

they've really rallied behind him, and the titans offense and defense look to be feeding off each other for the first time in years. they really keep the momentum ball rolling.

i think a lot of guys were resigned to losing with the titans over the past few years. volek was mentally checked out, and brown's agent was causing a stink rather than letting chris compete with travis and lendale.

the youngsters have finally taken over the team... vince young and pacman jones both making plays, and everyone else getting behind those 2, and stepping up their own play.

it's been great to watch... but i think volek would have been just as pathetic as kerry... we MAY have beat the jets with volek, which would have gone a long way in helping us grab a wildcard spot... but i'm happy with how things have worked out.

we may not have gone to vince as quickly with volek there, either... meaning who knows if we would have beat anyone else?

we're in a happy place right now. i wouldn't change a thing.

Good post. I agree with most of what you say and also think that everything turned out for the best. I can't help but wonder "what if," though.

The Kerry Collins situation stinks of mismanagement. I know that Billy was showing his ass and he wasn't lighting it up in preseason, but Collins had some QB ratings in the single digits. It's nearly impossible to play that bad.

I think with Volek they definitely win the Jets game and with anyone other than Collins they win the Fins game. Matt Mauck would've even been a better choice at that point.

You've got an excellent point, though. If they win those two games, we may not see Vince Young until late this year if at all.

I love Fisher as a coach, but his unwillingness to bench vets in favor of more talented, less experienced guys has been an issue (up until this year). I still don't understand why Lamont Thompson and Peter Sirmon are on the field.

oh, i could not agree more about sirmon... he's a player that a couple weeks into the season, i can never tell if he's even been playing, or if he's been injured.

i've never seen a more invisible player in my life. in hockey, when you don't notice your defense, then they're doing a good job... but in football, someone has to be making plays. you ALWAYS notice bulluck. sirmon is never on the tv screen. never anywhere near the tackle.

i've got a feeling next season, it's going to tulloch between bulluck and thornton...

and with lamont... every time it looks like he's on his last leg with the organization, he'll grab 2 interceptions, secure his job for another week or two, and then fade back into crap. lol.

i miss lance. there was talk of bringing him back earlier in the year. i would have loved that.

Hester should be up there for DROY.

HE HAS SIX TOUCHDOWNS AND POSSIBLY MORE TO COME. Come on.

...all coming on Special-Teams.

Special teams is so unimportant. :rolleyes:

Considering how badly that Bears offense can potentially be, Hester plays a ridiculously huge role in that teams success. Whether it's teams sacrificing field position to not let him get the hands on it or one of his six TD's. Two of them even came to give the Bears a fourth quarter lead. I'd have him second behind Vince Young, actually. He certainly deserves recognition.

So you're saying that Hester should get votes for Defensive ROY when all of his TD's have come on Special Teams?

Hester should be up there for DROY.

HE HAS SIX TOUCHDOWNS AND POSSIBLY MORE TO COME. Come on.

...all coming on Special-Teams.

Special teams is so unimportant. :rolleyes:

Considering how badly that Bears offense can potentially be, Hester plays a ridiculously huge role in that teams success. Whether it's teams sacrificing field position to not let him get the hands on it or one of his six TD's. Two of them even came to give the Bears a fourth quarter lead. I'd have him second behind Vince Young, actually. He certainly deserves recognition.

So you're saying that Hester should get votes for Defensive ROY when all of his TD's have come on Special Teams?

lol... you have a very very good point.

it sucks for hester, but what he does simply isn't recognized by the league, as far as rookie honors are concerned...

if it's any consolation, he's an absolute lock for the pro bowl.

vince made one or two rookie mistakes, on the 3 or 4 totals player he got to the run the whole game.

it's hard to be ball control when your defense scores 3 touchdowns.

after the score, the ball goes back to the jags. vince was never allowed to get in a rythm, because the defense completely took over the game.

Archived