Bears are wearing white

Old School Fool

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that the Bears thought that the Rams would wear the all navy combo, so (to help their QB in a dark, drab dome) they sported the all white look. It would have been much easier to distinguish the Bears in all white (with navy helmet) from the Rams, who would have been in all navy (also with a navy helmet).

That was my guess also when I saw them in the all white, which would have made sense. Otherwise, I found the all-white look just ehh, for them.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I really don't like this combo. I like it a lot when there is a white jersey with a colored helmet with pants the same color as the helmet, such as this

p1_jones_thomas.jpg

I also like the colored jersey with a differently colored helmet with pants the same color as the helmet, i.e.

brett-favre.jpeg

hate this white/white nonsense.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

All-white sucks. Period.

OMFG!!!!11 DEVIN HESTER IS A MENISS 2 SOCIETY 4 WEARIN XTRA SOX!!!!11 DOOD SHUD B FINED, TARRED, N FEATHER'D!!!!11 HE SHUD NEVA B ALLOWED 2 PLAY AGAIN!!!!11

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

All-white sucks. Period.

OMFG!!!!11 DEVIN HESTER IS A MENISS 2 SOCIETY 4 WEARIN XTRA SOX!!!!11 DOOD SHUD B FINED, TARRED, N FEATHER'D!!!!11 HE SHUD NEVA B ALLOWED 2 PLAY AGAIN!!!!11

OMGROFLCOPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't mind Chicago in all white. The Blue pants aren't totally old, so its actually sort of a classic look. I also like the white socks.

Change isn't evil, its inevitable.

...that doesnt fit there at all. But I like that they have options.

Orange Uni White Pantalones Blue Socks

Blue Uni White P Blue S

White U White P Blue S

White U Blue P White S

and now

White U White P White S

Bottom line, they'll wear both. I appreciated the switch. They needed a game like last night, a lot of times teams switch it up to 'change pace.'

That said, I like the blue more. :D

They both look good. People have been raving about how the all-white conjured up memories of the Dick Butkus era.

I'm kinda torn myself. Mainly cus the all white brings back all too fresh memories of the Jauron era ( :censored:, the Wanny era blew, but not as bad as the Jauron era.) It's an okay look judged on its own, but I prefer the white jerseys/blue pants uni, as they're the roads I grew up watching em in.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I really don't like this combo for the bears (or the Chiefs either), but for a game it's OK.

To play devil's advocate for a second...

1. Why isn't white/white made such a big deal of? It's monochrome too.

2. Why aren't the white socks with the white pants considered the leotard look? Is it because of the stripes? Well, there's a lot of white going on there. (I hate this look)

KISSwall09.jpg

I really don't like this combo for the bears (or the Chiefs either), but for a game it's OK.

To play devil's advocate for a second...

1. Why isn't white/white made such a big deal of? It's monochrome too.

2. Why aren't the white socks with the white pants considered the leotard look? Is it because of the stripes? Well, there's a lot of white going on there. (I hate this look)

I guess I'm in the middle on this - I don't mind the Bears in all white, but I think it would have looked better with the navy socks like they wore back in the 60s-70s. I do prefer the Bears in white/navy, but I suspect they went with that combo since it was reported the Rams were going to go with their navy monochrome.

I suppose white/white isn't considered as bad as other monochromes because it is traditional. Back in the days when the NFL wasn't the big business with uniform deals and everything, most teams only had one set of pants. Some teams matched the helmets, some teams wore white. Some well-off teams might have worn both (I'm not sure about the WWII-era Bears - I've seen photos of them with dark pants, but they might have only worn the white jersey/dark pants in those days), but until the mid-1960s home and road pants were pretty rare. I guess we're just conditioned that it is an acceptable "absence of color" look.

For the Bears, the stripes on the socks do break up the leotard look. However, as I said earlier, the white/white looks better to me with the navy socks - even if they don't match the jerseys.

Bears in white on white is classic... Walter-Payton---Airbound-Photograph-C11666243.jpeg looks great...

I don't like the "shiny" material they use for the pants these days... regardless, it looks good... it's better than the black on black (Ravens, Saints, etc.) Black is over used in sports design!

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

Bears in white on white is classic... Walter-Payton---Airbound-Photograph-C11666243.jpeg looks great...

I don't like the "shiny" material they use for the pants these days... regardless, it looks good... it's better than the black on black (Ravens, Saints, etc.) Black is over used in sports design!

What a great photo!

When I was growing up I had a white Walter Payton jersey and wore the thing till it basically fell apart. Love the all white look. I just think it fits. I would never want them to go back to a grey facemask though.

Yeah, that is a great photo. Nobody looks better than the Chicago Bears, if you ask me.

You notice how there's no one around him? Yep, the Packers sucked in those times :D (the yellow fence in the background gives it away as Lambeau).

Beautiful picture. Beautiful uniform.

It's where I sit.

I'm becoming more and more of an advocate of the notion that only teams with white helmets should wear white pants. And even some of them (the Cardinals and Titans) look better in colored pants.

As for the Walter Payton photo, I'd like to see one of him wearing the navy blue pants. I think Walter Payton is one of those people who could have worn a gunny sack for a football uniform and still looked great.

Yeah, that is a great photo. Nobody looks better than the Chicago Bears, if you ask me.

You notice how there's no one around him? Yep, the Packers sucked in those times :D (the yellow fence in the background gives it away as Lambeau).

Beautiful picture. Beautiful uniform.

Notice the longer sleeves and no gloves. That is what a uniform should look like.

I'm becoming more and more of an advocate of the notion that only teams with white helmets should wear white pants. And even some of them (the Cardinals and Titans) look better in colored pants.

But then the Bears would have to wear blue or orange pants. Ugh. Pass.

34 = my idol

for my birthday this year I got an authentic payton home jersey... love it! Best football player?EVER!

anyway...

s_payton_i.jpg

sweetnessSmall.jpg

Only certain teams can get away with the white on white... bears, browns, colts, any others?

redskins are ok in all white... the vi-queens are ok too but not with the "new" design...

sports_sig_by_PWG44.jpg

The all-white looks decent on the Bears, just because they have such fantastic uniforms to begin with. But the navy pants look a thousand times better, they're what the team wore in the Super Bowl, and they should always be the only pants worn with the white jersey. My guess is the team went with them becuase Rex has sucked majorly in the last few games he's played in the white/navy combo, and he prolly wanted to bust out the white trunks for a fresh start of sorts. Kinda worked I guess, but hopefully we won't see this combo again.

Archived