• Created
  • Last Reply

Football teams that should NEVER wear white pants with white jerseys:

The Bears.

The Bears.

The Bears.

The Redskins.

And a bunch of others.

I don't mind the Bears in all white,but if they're gonna do that,i really wish they wear the navy socks instead of the white socks

My guess is that the Bears thought that the Rams would wear the all navy combo, so (to help their QB in a dark, drab dome) they sported the all white look. It would have been much easier to distinguish the Bears in all white (with navy helmet) from the Rams, who would have been in all navy (also with a navy helmet).

The all whites had not been worn in any game (regular season or pre-season) since Lovie came to town. The Bears had worn the white jersey with navy pants for their 2 other prime time road games earlier this year (Cardinals and Giants) and won both games. So there would have been no "luck" or "superstition" to make the Bears choose a different pant combo for this prime time game.

Now that the Bears have broken out the all whites for a game, how about bringing back the all navy look for the final home game against the arch rivals from Green Bay. Hey, why not?

Loved seeing the white-on-white, but again they needed the navy socks to make the look complete. Nice to see them anyway!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Speaking of the Bears' all white, Paul Lukas noticed in his blog today that Devin Hester was wearing extra sock stripes around his knees.

STR12112120505.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Speaking of the Bears' all white, Paul Lukas noticed in his blog today that Devin Hester was wearing extra sock stripes around his knees.

STR12112120505.jpg

Wow, thank God we have Paul to point that out, otherwise it might have gone unnoticed. :rolleyes:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

No, I think it's a good look, the all white. Anything but orange jerseys or all-blue is great for the Bears.

As for Hester's socks, if he's going to score two touchdowns on returns, he can wear whatever he wants.

OzzieNewsomePhoto1.JPG

Some teams belong in all white, as often as possible.

I disagree...I really think the orange pants look amazing for the browns, although the Browns could go monochrome brown, and I'd probly love it...they're my favorite uniformed team in the league.

I like it when teams go white monochrome. Although it took some getting used to seeing the Bears without the blue pants, I liked it once I got used to seeing them. They really should've used the blue socks to break it up a bit, but I don't dislike the white socks by any means.

I like the all white. They take me back to the Payton era, at least before Ditka arrived. Of course, it was a losing era, but so was much of the blue pants era of the last 20 years. Incidentally, I recall thinking that when the Bears switched to the blue pants in 1984 or so, that is was a response to a new trend in teams going with white jerseys over dark pants.

LT

STR12112120505.jpg

One stripe for each return TD he'll score this year. :P

I don't know what all of the hub-bub is about with the 'all white' look. The Bears were doing that for so long in their history that I would go as far as to say that they are one of the only franchises that can and should pull this look off. I hate the navy pants like the plague. Not to mention, it looks pretty cool when they play at Soldier field or Lambeau in the elements and the whole jersey gets all full of grass and dirt. Looks like Army 'camo' or something to that effect.

...but I may be a bit biased because I'm a huge Bears fan! :D

Archived