Blue Jays

Original6

bluejays93.jpg

I grew up with them wearing these jerseys, and in my opinion they should have never switched. Anyone else agree with me?

I don't. I think the set they were wearing in 2001 is the best they've had. I do agree, however, that these are better than the current set!

Should never have changed, once they added the buttons and got the logo out of the center. I'll even say that the solid blue cap was better than the one with the white panel.

The set they have now is historically horrible. Only the Rockies' black vests save the Jays from having the most embarassing uniform in baseball.

Leave the Jays alone, they look fine.

Ladies and gentlemen, how about a big round of applause for Stevie Wonder!!! :D

But seriously folks... The current Jays set aren't the worst uniforms in baseball but they pale in comparison to the World Series era uniforms. I really liked them and wouldn't mind seeing them bring back at the very least the color combo from those days.

BB52Big.jpg

OK, I agree that the Jays shouldn't have gone away from Double-Blue they originally had. Not only was it unique, it was Canadian, they won 2 WS in them.

What killed the Jays old identity wasn't the introduction of the new logo & colours, what killed it was the dreaded T-bird in 2003. Not only did they completely removed the light blue from the logo, removing the unique colour scheme, it looks like they just slapped on the maple leaf tattoo at last minute to hang on to the subtle patriotism of the old identity.

And even though in 2003 they were above .500 and in the Wild Card race, they looked like a Little League team wearing those hats every day.

I understand why you all long for the old identity, but stop dissing the current look because of the T-bird ruining the old identity. It's really not that bad right now, apart from the lettering and numbering colouring. I would love to see the 1992 unis worn every Sunday like how the Brewers do it.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

The current look has grown on me. I do wish they would tweak some parts of the current look (use more of the blue!), on its own it's not a look I dislike. The one thing I find with the Blue Jays is that each of their three distinct looks (the T-bird being just half heartedly slapped on the Maple Jay look), each look really seems to be a product of its time. None of them have struck me as being classics like the Yankees or Tigers, so I don't mind a bit of an update.

I'd love to see a 1989-96 retro option for the team, similar to the Brewers and their throwback Sundays they had last season. Begin a slow shift towards the older look, rather than a cold turkey switch.

Count me as one who like both the Alomar/Carter era unis and the Rocket era ones as well. I have an authentic white Alomar and a replica Sunday blue alt Clemens. Though I seem to have outgrown both.

The thing I disliked the most with the latest set is that they abandoned the signature Blue Jay number font.

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

Little-known fact - the Blue Jays were actually TRIPLE-Blue, not just Double-Blue:

TorontoBlueJays_FRC_1988_SOL.jpg

The logo used Turquoise, but the home uniform trim (and road uniform primary color) was in the Light Blue.

I would love to see them go back to that color pallette and rock some road powder blues. :D

centerfieldbanner2.png

Formula GP

CenterField 22 pts

#7 Coca-Cola Giancarlo Fisichella 4pts

#8 Coca-Cola Lewis Hamilton 18pts

TRAC

CenterField Motorsports

#5 Sony Kyle Busch

#8 Gatorade Kurt Busch

#9 Sirius David Ragan/Ricky Rudd

Archived