Dallas Cowboys

bterreson

Perhaps this has been brought up before..

So I'm watching the Hawks vs. cowboys game, and my Girlfriend text messages me saying "Dallas pants are sea-foam green right?" and i respond "no they are silver"

well. technically they are "silver-green" after looking it up on SSUR but am i a complete idiot for saying they are silver?

SEA11601070252.jpg

so do you see green or silver?

:therock:

Perhaps this has been brought up before..

So I'm watching the Hawks vs. cowboys game, and my Girlfriend text messages me saying "Dallas pants are sea-foam green right?" and i respond "no they are silver"

well. technically they are "silver-green" after looking it up on SSUR but am i a complete idiot for saying they are silver?

SEA11601070252.jpg

so do you see green or silver?

:therock:

No green here. I see a grayish color.

Avsman.png

Dennis.gif

Have you ever looked at sports logos...ON WEED?

"Cowboys metallic blue" according to Hank Hill. The real question: Who's more overrated; Parcells or Romo?

Parcells.

Romo is just a fiction created by the media.

Tough one

Romo, probably because the media created the legend

Then again, Parcells was a sure-fire hall-of-famer when he went on the ballot. And I think his 4-year stint with the Cowboys shows he's overrated. If he steps down, no way no how this guy gets in the Hall of Fame.

"Cowboys metallic blue" according to Hank Hill. The real question: Who's more overrated; Parcells or Romo?

Parcells.

Romo is just a fiction created by the media.

Tough one

Romo, probably because the media created the legend

Then again, Parcells was a sure-fire hall-of-famer when he went on the ballot. And I think his 4-year stint with the Cowboys shows he's overrated. If he steps down, no way no how this guy gets in the Hall of Fame.

he is a scott norwood wide right, from being a super bowl anomoly. the only reason the giants won the super bowl against the bills is because norwood gave the giants a gift. He failed to win the SB in NE, failed to make the SB with the Jets, and he is 0-2 in the playoffs in Dallas.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

You all knew I'd eventually chime in on this...

Here's a rough timeline:

1. 1964: Tex Schramm (the Cowboys' GM) decides that - due to the advent of color television - the Cowboys should come up with a unique color that would look good on TV. A custom metallic color (Silver-Blue) is created and the Marketing Dept. names it "Metallic Blue".

2. 1981: Due to the perceived "curse" of the Royal Blue jerseys with the Metallic Blue pants, the Cowboys unveil a new road uniform set - one that utilizes Navy Blue jerseys and Silver (Gray) pants. As opposed to the White, Royal Blue and Silver-Blue in the home uniforms. This decision has more to do with the fact that the Royal Blue and Metallic Blue combination didn't have enough contrast. The "Metallic Blue" is now called "Metallic Silver Blue", and is slightly tweaked in terms of shade.

3. circa 1991: Due to the advent of "blended" Pantone Metallic colors, and the addition of a number of new colors, the Cowboys drop the custom Silver-Blue, and assign an actual Pantone value to the Silver-Blue. In addition, they also go with a new custom color for the home pants. Even though it isn't officially called this as yet - it is what it is now known as Silver-Green.

4. 1997: The Silver-Green color for the home pants is officially designated.

It should be noted that periodically over the years (at least that I've been able to determine), that it has only been since around 2002 that THREE different Metallics have been listed as official values for the "Silver" color - it's been inconsistant, and not accurate at all. Here's what is currently used (Solid Colors):

Helmets:

DALLAS COWBOYS SILVER-BLUE

Home Pants:

DALLAS COWBOYS SILVER-GREEN

Road Pants, Road Uniform Trim:

DALLAS COWBOYS SILVER-GRAY

Here is what the same colors look like, only using the Pantone Textile colors (used for fabrics):

Helmets:

DALLAS COWBOYS SILVER-BLUE ("Quarry")

Home Pants:

DALLAS COWBOYS SILVER-GREEN ("Blue Haze")

Road Pants, Road Uniform Trim:

DALLAS COWBOYS SILVER-GRAY ("Silver")

- or -

DALLAS COWBOYS SILVER-GRAY ("Wind Chime")

Something needs to be done with this...as I've stated any, many times in the past, they need to pick ONE Blue (a Dark Royal Blue like the Colts would work), and the Silver-Blue. Done. No more Silver-Green, Silver-Gray, Royal Blue, Black (!), etc.

Just for comparison, here the entire Cowboys' color palette in Solid Colors (used for printing):

DallasCowboys_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Textile Colors:

DallasCowboys_FRC_9999_TEX.jpg

Process Simulation Colors (using derived RGBs from the CMYK values):

DallasCowboys_FRC_9999_PRO.jpg

everyone can say what they want about the cowboys uniforms, but that silver-green color is one of my favorite colors ever.

i hate the team, hate the uniforms, and think they need to clean up their look.... but something about that silver green color is just fantastic to me.

Just for comparison, here the entire Cowboys' color palette in Solid Colors (used for printing):

DallasCowboys_FRC_9999_SOL.jpg

Textile Colors:

DallasCowboys_FRC_9999_TEX.jpg

Process Simulation Colors (using derived RGBs from the CMYK values):

DallasCowboys_FRC_9999_PRO.jpg

And the blue on their helmet doesn't match the blue on their jerseys. Go figure.

Just a suggestion. Can there be an official Dallas Cowboys colors explanation in the board FAQ? Seems like it could replace these every-other-month threads about the topic.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived