Ebay scam...or possibly scamola

charger77

This ring is a fan ring that my dad has on his office desk that he paid 5.99$ for with the purchase of a pizza at a little ceasers.

However somebody is selling it as a real 1950 cup ring on e-bay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Red-Wing-1949-50-Champ...1QQcmdZViewItem

Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I hope they take their $15,000 and buy a camera with it.

Zero feedback and not one decent photo of it? They're getting no bids, no how, no way.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Since you can't use the photos as a basis for anything valid, isn't there a possibility that it could be real? I find it hard to believe this dude is trying to pull a $15,000 scam on somebody (a sports memorabilia collector, or other prospective bidder) who would be able to spot a fake championship ring wearing a blindfold. I'm not saying it's real, but innocent until proven guilty.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

You might want to contact eBay, let them know.

Is there really a need to? Seriously There are alot of dummies out there but most of them don't have $15,000 to throw around. C'mon survival of the fittest. If you are sooooooo dense that you shelled out 15 G's for something with pictures as blurry as that, you deserve to be separated from your cash.

Obvious fake, because quite frankly, championship rings really didn't start to feature actual logos until the 1970s, and there's no way a 1950 ring would have that many diamonds on it.

VmWIn6B.png

I just e-mailed the seler asking if he has any clearer pictures.

Ill let you all know the response.

Dan

This is the reply I got:

I will try again but for whatever reasons those were the best we could get. I think my son messed with my camera. ***-***-****

Anybody want to loan me $15,000

Dan

mod edit - don't post people's phone numbers on the boards

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Archived