Ken Dryden Night

budbowl77

Wasn't Dryden the guy who was doing color commentary on ABC during the Miracle on Ice?

Yes he was. He did so at the 1984 and 1988 Olympics as well.

I loved his quote during his speech:

The image that most take with them is of me, standing in net, leaning on my stick, watching the game, not doing anything.

No pictures?

Here you go

5609_3.jpg

dryden_banner.jpg

s012876A.jpg

I can't find too many pictures of the event

Numbers 1,2,4,5,7,9,10,12,12 (not a typo),16,18, and 29 have been retired by the Canadiens

The problem with being a great player with the Habs is that to get you're jersey honoured you have to be a legend. The Habs have had so many greats that if they had played on some other teams they would easily have their jersey retired, but they play second fiddle in Montreal to the legends.

1zqy8ok.gif

No pictures?

Here you go

5609_3.jpg

dryden_banner.jpg

s012876A.jpg

I can't find too many pictures of the event

Numbers 1,2,4,5,7,9,10,12,12 (not a typo),16,18, and 29 have been retired by the Canadiens

And they still need to retire a bunch of numbers like Larry Robinson's 19 and Roy's 33. I believe they are retiring Robinson's number later this year.

Question, the Habs seem to be retiring a lot of numbers recently of players who played a while ago. Did they have a policy of not retiring numbers before?

And they still need to retire a bunch of numbers like Larry Robinson's 19 and Roy's 33. I believe they are retiring Robinson's number later this year.

Question, the Habs seem to be retiring a lot of numbers recently of players who played a while ago. Did they have a policy of not retiring numbers before?

There wasn't really a policy, but they wanted to remember all these players before their 100th season. So a couple years they came out with a plan to retire these numbers to coincide with the 100th season.

1zqy8ok.gif

There wasn't really a policy, but they wanted to remember all these players before their 100th season. So a couple years they came out with a plan to retire these numbers to coincide with the 100th season.

And because of that Boom Boom didn't live to see his number retired, sorta

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Any idea if they are going to retire Jacques Lemaire's number 25?

He's the #7 all-time Canadien scorer and won 8 Stanley Cups and is in the Hall of Fame.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

My uncle is heavily envolved in Canadien Politics and works closely with Dryden. Lately I've been able to get a Dryden autographed pic or two through my Uncle. On my 27th B-day last year my Uncle had a card signed by him for me.

Kinda neat to hava Ken Dryden B-day Card on your wall.

Dan

* Side note, my mom met Mike Modano's mom when I was younger. My mom gave Modano's mom my info, and she gave it to Mike, he sent me a card and an autographed pic for my 13th B-Day. Modano has always been my favorite player, that pic and card is one of my prized possessions!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Any idea if they are going to retire Jacques Lemaire's number 25?

He's the #7 all-time Canadien scorer and won 8 Stanley Cups and is in the Hall of Fame.

All of the current retired numbers were already announced. While the team is planning to retire other numbers as well until the 2008-2009 season (100th), they haven't announced which numbers.

And for jkrdevil, Robinson's 19 isn't set to be retired this year. Only Savard (18) and Dryden (29) were announced this year.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived