Bears logo in lights on building

CubsFanBudMan

I think a building in Indy did a horseshoe earlier this season. This kind of stuff is so cool.

In Phila., the Peco. building has a huge scroll on the top that says "Go [team name]" and other stuff, and they usually turn the lights on the buildings to the team color (at least for the Eagles), but I haven't seen anything like this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think a building in Indy did a horseshoe earlier this season. This kind of stuff is so cool.

In Phila., the Peco. building has a huge scroll on the top that says "Go [team name]" and other stuff, and they usually turn the lights on the buildings to the team color (at least for the Eagles), but I haven't seen anything like this.

And, in the case of the Eagles, they dye the fountains Green.

To be fair, in October they also dye the fountains Pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

philly.png

They did the same thing to the Prudential Building in Boston when the Red Sox were in the World Series. I'm sure everybody here already knows about this, but I'll post a pic just for good measure:

1097995299_8541.jpg

QPR%20Sig.png

I can't locate a photo, but during the Vikings' two latest trips to the NFC Championship (and possibly to earlier trips than that), the IDS Tower displays a large purple (and I believe yellow-trimmed) Vikings 'V'. Wish I could find a photo, and also wish I had taken some when it was happening.

Other items in chicago other than the numbers buildings with the window lights on...

Sears Tower: One Anntena Orange, One Blue

Hancock Building: Lights at the top orange and blue

Merchandise Mart: Bathed in Orange and Blue Light

Its really a site to see.

Back in 1987, when the Twins were in the playoffs and then the World Series, St. Olaf Catholic Church near the Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis had a sign up that read, "Vici, Gemini." Which, in Latin, means, "Win, Twins."

I thought that was so cool, even though I'm Lutheran.

I thought that was so cool, even though I'm Lutheran.

A Lutheran from the upper midwest? Are the women strong, the men good-looking, and the children all above average?

Back in the 80s at MIT, students from the Alpha Tau Omega fraternity managed to get on top of the Sheraton across the river from the campus and switch off all the letters in the sign except the "ATO".

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

on a buliding in seattle ive seen a giant "12" in lights it was pretty cool but thats about all ive seen.

And a 12 flag on top of the Space Needle. Kind of lame, huh?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Beat me to it. The way the lights are done in that building, they can pretty much display anything you can imagine.

I'll still contend that it looks horrible at night, considering what could have been!

(maybe they'll get it right with Cira 2.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I actually thought the Circa Centre looked good at night. I saw it on my way back from, I believe, a cheesesteaks(yeah, plural...I had 2 in 10 minutes) run. I might've even seen it when I saw Wolfmother at the Electric Factory around Thanksgiving.

Archived