2008 ASG at Yankee Stadium

eqtmgr

I rather like the t-shirts, even if they do place Yankee Stadium in Midtown....

haha i was wondering if anyone else noticed this? even though yankees fans think that new york revolves around them, it's far from the truth-both geographically and emotionally.

i'm assuming we should see very conservative all star bp jerseys for this game, probably with the AL in white and the NL in navy. i just hope majestic doesn't decide it should try to do a pinstripe mesh jersey!

on another new york note- there's pictures of the mets in their new bp jerseys doing charity work on the mets website. the departure of the black block shoulders is a big improvement

sig2024.png

That's not bad. I have a Yankees World Championship t-shirt with a picture of the Vet on it inside the YANKEES letters.

I can't tell but did they overlay Yankee Stadium where MSG is located on the poster.

A fitting sendoff to the ground where the House Ruth Built once stood.

The current stadium is more of a House Necessity Built.

Hopefully the next stadium will be the House Jeter (or maybe Cano?) Built.

As for the ASG itself, Derek Jeter deserves to start at SS in the 2008 game regardless of his stats that year.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

As for the ASG itself, Derek Jeter deserves to start at SS in the 2008 game regardless of his stats that year.

Oh, you mean the Cal Ripken rule? <_<

Honestly, kind of except I was nominating DJ not because it would be his last season (mostly because it wouldn't) but because he has been the face of the Yankees for the last decade.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Honestly, kind of except I was nominating DJ not because it would be his last season (mostly because it wouldn't) but because he has been the face of the Yankees for the last decade.

Then I would say he deserves to start the last game at Yankee Stadium, ASG not so much.

But he will anyways.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

That's not bad. I have a Yankees World Championship t-shirt with a picture of the Vet on it inside the YANKEES letters.

I can't tell but did they overlay Yankee Stadium where MSG is located on the poster.

No, I don't think so. It looks more like Midtown looking south, with Yankee Stadium overlaid on the sourthern end of Central Park. If I had a clearer shot I could probably pick out a building or two.

No, I don't think so. It looks more like Midtown looking south, with Yankee Stadium overlaid on the sourthern end of Central Park. If I had a clearer shot I could probably pick out a building or two.

That's the Empire State building in straightaway center which is a couple blocks from MSG.

Archived