Rays seem ready to dump Devil

Survival79

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the strong green look was definately salvageable, but I can understand the "new direction" angle. I hate the fact that the colors came from the talking head at the top with nothing else to back it up.

The BP is very meh, the road awful because it needs Tampa Bay on it. The wordmark is fine on its own, though the Jesusburst is rather small. I decry the lack of yellow overall, and the hat is pure garbage. Looks like a lot like Times New Roman or a comparable generic font, it doesn't interlock at all and is reminiscent of the Tampa Yanks cap logo as previously stated, and the Bonnie Blue is basically nonexistant/washed out at any decent distance.

However, seeing the home jersey on an actual player...well, as Mr. Burns said, "I know what I hate....and I don't hate this." The jersey is clean and the colors go together well. I see now after someone mentioned that the design of the top is very Detroit Tiger-esque...but that's not a horrible thing, and besides, the wordmark makes it less obvious. Also, the Ray ambiguity is clever, to me, though the recolored fish doesn't look right to me.

As much as it pains me to admit it, this horrible redesign is not a total loss. It's bad, no doubt...but it could be a lot worse.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

pMLB2-4230780dt.jpg
When will the "TAMPA BAY" jersey be released?? Geez. Are they looking to move or something because why else have they yet to show a picture of their roads?

Unless I misread, these are the roads you're looking for. No "Tampa Bay" on them. There's also a pic of two Rays wearing them on the second tab of the rotating part of the Rays site.

After continuing to see them, I think they're a good starting point. The Rays certainly aren't afraid to tweak their look, so maybe at some point they'll take the light blue or yellow and play it up more to give themselves an even more unique look overall.

Standing alone, I think they're a decent MLB look. When you start to think what could have been with past colors and use of existing colors, that's when you see how they could have been better, sure. But they also could have been so much worse than "plain."

Unless I misread, these are the roads you're looking for. No "Tampa Bay" on them. There's also a pic of two Rays wearing them on the second tab of the rotating part of the Rays site.

I was afraid of that. I had a slight bit of hope that that was an Alt of some sort (why you would choose road grey for an alt beats me). I'm shocked they were allowed to have a road jersey WITHOUT their city name on it...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Mariners wear "Seattle" in their road unis and that doesn't make less favorable in markets like Idaho, Alaska, or even Oregon. Everybody knows they play in Seattle, but since they are the closest team to all of them, they root for the Mariners.

That excuse seems stupid to me.

Try telling that to Peter Angelos.

Ask somebody in New Hampshire, Maine, or Rhode Island if they feel any less a part of "Red Sox Nation" just because the Sox uniforms say "Boston".

The Mariners wear "Seattle" in their road unis and that doesn't make less favorable in markets like Idaho, Alaska, or even Oregon. Everybody knows they play in Seattle, but since they are the closest team to all of them, they root for the Mariners.

Ask somebody in New Hampshire, Maine, or Rhode Island if they feel any less a part of "Red Sox Nation" just because the Sox uniforms say "Boston".

So true. THANK YOU. I never bought that teams dont put their city name on the road jersey because they want to be a "regional" team. Its stupid.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

You, sir have hit the nail on the head. Grand prize for you!

I was afraid of that. I had a slight bit of hope that that was an Alt of some sort (why you would choose road grey for an alt beats me). I'm shocked they were allowed to have a road jersey WITHOUT their city name on it...

Here's the photo from the Rays site of the actual road authentics, I assume with hesitation (via UniWatch):

1925368844_12a03e24a5_o.png

You, sir have hit the nail on the head. Grand prize for you!

I'll second that.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Here's the photo from the Rays site of the actual road authentics, I assume with hesitation (via UniWatch):

1925368844_12a03e24a5_o.png

No hesitation required, they are the road uniforms.

bw76gzud1oa0.jpgmaawypit1ek0.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Two tweaks, and the Devil Rays first uniforms would have been damned nice looking. This is their second sartorial giant step backwards. Look for new new "Rays" uniforms in 2011.Well, at least Jesus is happy with the name change... :rolleyes:

Yeah....when they open up the 2011 season playing in Las Vegas.

Not a chance in hell until 2027.

Two tweaks, and the Devil Rays first uniforms would have been damned nice looking. This is their second sartorial giant step backwards. Look for new new "Rays" uniforms in 2011.Well, at least Jesus is happy with the name change... :rolleyes:

Yeah....when they open up the 2011 season playing in Las Vegas.

Not a chance in hell until 2027.

Pun intended?

Archived