Indianapolis colts concept

Evan

In the first concept i added a grey, a pretty light grey at that but a grey non to less. The second is just an updation of what they got now. New number font, city name on the front, and new pants but other then that its pretty simular then what they got. Coments and suggestions as always wanted! Thank you

http://www.geocities.com/qjjwave/indionapolis-colts.gif

Copy and Paste

oh and BTW, the grey might be hard to see on the white jerseys but its there heh heh.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

I like the standard blue & white update...but the grey reminds me too much of the Cowboys. And I hates the Cowboys.

I definitely think they need to bring back the blue pants for road games....but the jerseys themselves, to me, are untouchable.  Classics.  Makes me think of Johnny U.  Then I weep.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I agree w/ the last caller who said the current unis are among the best around.  My own beloved Chicago Bears' unis fall into the same category -- classics.

Of the concepts on display here, the element I would most like to incorporate is the number fonts.  They're unique, but they're consistent w/ the flavor of the current uniforms.  

Although I'm not a fan of the logo on the hips, I wouldn't mind seeing blue pants w/ the white jerseys.  Please, God, no blue pants/blue jersey combos!

I like the addition of the gray. I think it makes the blue stand out. Leave the one stripe alone, too. So what if it looks a little different-it's like the Steelers-why do they have a logo on only one side of their helmet-Who knows-- but get used to it because they ain't changing it!
cfg.jpg41QN7ATP9VL._AA280_.jpg

We all remember that the Colts DID have Gray in their uniforms before, right?  From 1982 through 1986.  It spanned their move between Baltimore and Indy.  Gray pants with the Royal Blue jerseys, and Gray trim on the White jerseys and White pants.  Horseshoes (with the uni numbers inside of them) on the Gray pants.  Wish they would've kept those.

You'll see the Colts' colors listed as Royal Blue, Silver and White during that era, but in reality, it was a non-metallic Gray.

We all remember that the Colts DID have Gray in their uniforms before, right? From 1982 through 1986. It spanned their move between Baltimore and Indy. Gray pants with the Royal Blue jerseys, and Gray trim on the White jerseys and White pants. Horseshoes (with the uni numbers inside of them) on the Gray pants. Wish they would've kept those.

You'll see the Colts' colors listed as Royal Blue, Silver and White during that era, but in reality, it was a non-metallic Gray.

Interestingly enough (and I am sure entirely coincidentally), I had submitted designs to the Colts in the autumn of 1981 which included the exact same design of the silver pants.  In the spring of 1982 I got a letter from Richard Syzmanski, who was a VP of the Colts thanking me for the design suggestions and advising that they were considering a uniform change and that they would take my suggestions into consideration.  He also sent along some cool metallic stickers (I had explained to the team in my letter that I was only 13) and a Colts media guide.  I had asked in my letter for an authentic helmet if they used any of my designs, so I was a little miffed the first time I saw the silver pants in play but now it's clear that the entire deal was a coincidence.

Or was it . . . . .    :D

Archived