Pickguard Concept

nwtrailtrekker

hey there

i present to you, the boards first Guitar Pickguard Concept (for those of you who don't know, a pickguard is the white/cream part shown on this guitar, 46_b.jpg

i made this template for pickguards myself tonight, suitable for MS Paint. (its a pickguard for fender strats only)

guitarpickguardtemplate.png

anyways, i wanna get a custom pickguard for my fender strat soon, and since im a dew addict, this would be my dream design, i love this. and im really happy with the way it turned out

created in MS Paint.

mountaindewpickguard2.png

what do you think? what should i change?

c&c much appreciated! thanks!

I don't understand - unless you are sponsored by a company, why would you basically provide free advertising for them? I'm sure there is something better about yourself to play-up than an affinity for a soft drink.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

here is a quick trial run

osuguitar.jpg

its not exactly a perfect template, i had some trouble but it was pretty easy to use.

Interesting use of the buckeyes helmet! ^_^

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I'm more a Les Paul & older Ibanez guy--so my pickgaurds tend to be smaller-(My Ibanez acyually doesn't have one, and the Les Paul only has one because it's black, and when they get scapred up they look awful, but my blonde Les Paul copy is pickguardless, since I removed it.)-but you could still work with it--I knew a guy who did a custom pickgaurd from wood, and inlaid a picture of a bird using different colours of wood to show detail--it was very cool.

Still cool idea.

It works best when the concept extends to the whole guitar.

Go here for a site to create the full guitar as a phot--I may post some that I did...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I'm more a Les Paul & older Ibanez guy--so my pickgaurds tend to be smaller-(My Ibanez acyually doesn't have one, and the Les Paul only has one because it's black, and when they get scapred up they look awful, but my blonde Les Paul copy is pickguardless, since I removed it.)-but you could still work with it--I knew a guy who did a custom pickgaurd from wood, and inlaid a picture of a bird using different colours of wood to show detail--it was very cool.

Still cool idea.

It works best when the concept extends to the whole guitar.

Go here for a site to create the full guitar as a phot--I may post some that I did...

I'm glad to see some guitar talk here, other than sports logos, guitars are my other design interest. I've been playing around on the site posted above since summer break as I find its a great way to combine my two interestes. I've actually been planning a Seahawks Telecaster style guitar which I'm going to paint this summer. I finished my concept last weekend and was waiting to post it until I got my guitar finished so you could see the start to finish process. It's currently on my school computer and I'm at home, so I might get round to throwing it up here when I get back. Anyway good to see others of you thinking along the guitar lines, I'd be interested to see what some of you with great photoshop abilities can come up with.

I also know of a site where you can do some other styles of guitars, such as explorers, Vs, and BC Rich type stuff, Ill try to post that link when I get back this week.

SEAsig.png

Hey, if the guy likes Dew, let him do what he wants. CM Punk has a Pepsi tattoo because he just likes Pepsi.

When I met the Punk last fall, he was drinking an energy drink made by Coke. :)

How was he in person? He seems like he'd be pretty down to earth. I don't know anymore though. It'd be hard to be jovial being as completely misused as he's been.

I like that, I have a hand drawn concept (and no scanner) of a Flying V guitar done in Edmonton Oilers with "ooze" like that. The guitar is their dark navy, with the bozne ooze with the red outline like seen on their jerseys, flowing from the neck toward the back of the guitar. I think it would look killer, I just need the money and time, that one is a few guitars down the line.

Here is the link to the site that has other styles of guitars to play around with

Guitars

SEAsig.png

Archived