old uniform designs...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i even included a photo of the indianapolis colts helmet with a WHITE mask.

2.jpg

.jpg

:therock: There's only one word that summarizes the 90's: TACKY!!!! :wacko::wacko:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Those Louisville uniforms are the best! I loved those! My junior high team, the mighty Ridgetop Raiders, had that exact same design. I loved 'em! Sharp, classy, simple. Wish they would go back to those!

The Reebok uniforms of the 90's... suck! Utah, Texas, and Bowling Green in these pics. When I was at Washington State we had Reebok unis in the 96-97 season. They were awful. We had the same template as Seton Hall with the goofy stripe down the left leg. Before I got to Eastern Washington, they had the same template as Bowling Green, with the insert down the right side of the jersey and shorts and an insert on the bottom of the left leg.

I remember those Texas Tech unis. They looked sharp in person. We played them in the first round of the NIT in 95. Not my style, but they looked good.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

The 90's was actually a pretty good decade for uniform design when talking about Football, baseball and for the most part hockey (excluding some of those ridiculous third jerseys) but for some reason basketball uniforms were awful.

PvO6ZWJ.png

There's only one word that summarizes the 90's: TACKY!!!!

No kidding. Those Hawks unis alone deserve to be way high up on the list of the ugliest uniforms ever, but somehow they get ignored. Probably because they're the Atlanta Hawks. :)

Those are one of my favorites. :(

There's only one word that summarizes the 90's: TACKY!!!!

No kidding. Those Hawks unis alone deserve to be way high up on the list of the ugliest uniforms ever, but somehow they get ignored. Probably because they're the Atlanta Hawks. :)

Those are one of my favorites. :(

I feel sorry for your scanner!

Anyone got a pic of those "tire tread" basketball jerseys?

That was one of the worst I've ever seen. Georgia, Minnesota, etc. I bet they came in the mail and every coach said "What the #@*^&$% are these things?"

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

The matching road unis for the Atlanta Hawks were pretty sweet (at the time)....

dikembe_240_hawks.jpg

They looked even better after being elbowed absolutely senseless by Dikembe :P.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I humbly submit those Sixers jerseys as the worst uniform of any team in any league in any sport of all time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

i never understood why the hornets jerseys had pinstripes but the shorts didnt....it kinda always bothered me a little

Because Alexander Julian thought it would be a good idea to make basketball uniforms borrow design themes from golf. Hence the pinstripes and pleated shorts that are reminiscent of country club attire. Thank God his UNC redesign turned out much better.

Archived