old uniform designs...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who loved the Charlotte Hornets jerseys?

No, you're not the only one. I thought they were great because they were so different that everything else you'd see at the time. It had a very "European" look. It was also a time where pleated slacks were starting to make a comeback in men's dress fashion. Plus, the multi-colored pinstripes were a feature carried over from men's dress sweaters in the "Colors by Alexander Julian" collection. I had one (and my girlfriend loved it!).

Those Hornets uniforms were awesome. In fact the first couple of years they had the alt. Hornet logo, which I think may have been one of the first alternative logos that I can remember.

Which alt was this? I only remember the purple one they busted out along with the black Bulls jersey and the blue Magic jersey.

1zgyd8w.jpg

The matching road unis for the Atlanta Hawks were pretty sweet (at the time)....

dikembe_240_hawks.jpg

Smith42696.jpg

Parish4496.jpg

Long42696.jpg

If anyone knows where I could find some shorts like that, let me know....

Ahh I miss those days. I actually kinda liked those Huge Hawk jerseys at the time. But I still long for the pac man unis. And is that a shot of the Hornets Honeycomb court in pic #3? Now THAT was 90's design at it's best (and worst)

Those Hornets uniforms were awesome. In fact the first couple of years they had the alt. Hornet logo, which I think may have been one of the first alternative logos that I can remember.

Which alt was this? I only remember the purple one they busted out along with the black Bulls jersey and the blue Magic jersey.

I think he was talking about the alternate logo on the shorts they used the first 3 seasons... this one

CHA-H_4933.jpg

Jasoul I was talking about those, sometimes my thoughts get ahead of my fingers on the keyboard ... sorry for the confusion.

And while we're on the topic, as much as I loved their primary logo, I think that the alt was really good too. Simple and to the point.

In a way you can kind of thank the Hornets for every new team's jersey that has come out since. They were the ones that hired a fashion designer to create every aspect of the uniform as well as pick colors that would sell well. (In essence create a brand and less an identity) They succeeded incredibly well.

At the time I was at an age where everybody, regardless of where they were from, had to have Hornets crap. They sold boat loads. Did anyone care about the team? What team?

And ever since just about every successive new franchise has pretty much followed suit with the same idea.

JerseyDatabase.com - I'm that guy...

The matching road unis for the Atlanta Hawks were pretty sweet (at the time)....

dikembe_240_hawks.jpg

Smith42696.jpg

Parish4496.jpg

Long42696.jpg

If anyone knows where I could find some shorts like that, let me know....

Ahh I miss those days. I actually kinda liked those Huge Hawk jerseys at the time. But I still long for the pac man unis. And is that a shot of the Hornets Honeycomb court in pic #3? Now THAT was 90's design at it's best (and worst)

I think he was talking about the alternate logo on the shorts they used the first 3 seasons... this one

CHA-H_4933.jpg

Which was much better than the cartoon hornet.

I humbly submit those Sixers jerseys as the worst uniform of any team in any league in any sport of all time.

027.jpg

You lose. (bow)

I stand corrected. Fringe? FRINGE!

Are those actually Sambas?

Sure looks like it. I know they've been around for ages, but has it been that long?

And remember the days when shin guards were optional?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I humbly submit those Sixers jerseys as the worst uniform of any team in any league in any sport of all time.

027.jpg

You lose. (bow)

I lose big time! Fringe? Really?

Too bad there aren't matching chaps. Or perhaps they only wore those when coming out to the field.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived