West Ham United 07-08 kits?

zjac7

My question is to West Ham supporters, is the club still loved by fascist movements in England, or was that just an anamoly of the 80's and has mercifully passed, leaving just a football club in London that's ripe with tradition?

It's my understanding that the West Ham firms have gone the way of all others. Chelsea no longer has the same thuggish fanbase, and neither do the Irons.

Chelsea fans are still involved in the most police events before, during and after football matches...west ham has calmed down (has have leeds fans, though there always seems to be violence when they play cardiff...), but milwall try and bring out the bad side in west ham when they meet...fun times...(but in all honesty it pretty good here now, especially when compared to the rest of europe).

Oh, and back on the shirts, i like a green goalie shirt (either that or yellow or medium blue are acceptable, no others...). Its great that the sleeves are fully blue again on the home shirt, but they to intrude a little on the body of it. The away shirt is lovely (but the second umbro logo on both irritates me...)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My eyes have always liked the colors. The kits are what they are I guess but I have to say I do prefer what they have now. Those sleeves are a bit busy. Then again I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to football kits. Maybe a few stripes but adding stripes, diamonds, changes of colors between torso and sleeve, it just screams HOCKEY to me and that doesn't belong on a football kit. Just my opinion though. Worth no more than anyone elses.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

(but the second umbro logo on both irritates me)

I don't think those logos on the sleeve will remain. The EPL usually only allows one logo on the shirts but Umbro may be pointing to adidas' teimgeist logo being allowed to remain on Chelsea and Liverpool's uni's this year. They don't bother me that much, but I think just having the logo on the chest is enough.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Really, the unsavory elements have been heavily minimised. I think Millwall is probably the only club that still has that rep (whether it's deserved or not, I don't know)

Millwall's been neutered, thankfully. I went to the match at the Den last season, fully expecting things to kick off - but was pleasantly surprised. A few drunk yobs, nothing more.

Umbro kits this season look like they've been scribbled on a napkin in crayon. I like the Glasgow Rangers away kit, which u can find at this link - http://img131.imageshack.us/img131/3896/burkenewaway3ys.jpg

but the kits are far too random otherwise. That being said, Reebok kits arent much better this year so West Ham have gone from one bad kit to another....

sigen.jpg

I am speaking to both of you.

OK, I'm sorry *hugs it out*

On another note "bitch please" wasn't meant as an insult. The ebonics translation means "huh?" or "are you kidding?"

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• LMU locked this topic

Archived