Chargers Logo

rtrich11

Back several years ago I did the Chargers logo you see at the top. I like it, but since it's a white horse, and so is the Broncos' logo, I wanted to try a different direction.

The logo at bottom is inspired by the original Chargers logo. The horse is facing left, similar angles, etc. I'm just thinking it's needing a little noodling. Looking for a bit of C+C for inspiration.

ChargerRichards.jpg

that bottom one just looks really really solid. i have no criticism other than that. i flipped it on my own and it looks equally as good, so either way is fine with me. nice job, honestly.

Well, the old one's better in so many was that I really can't cover them at present time. The horse rendering itself in the new one looks amateurish compared with the old version, and I could go on, but alas, the wordmark is better in the old one, and the bolt is a little flat in the new version. I'm not at liberty to speak any more, but that's what I think.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

These are both very good, though the lightning bolt is an issue in both. In the first, the curve just doesn't work and looks warped compared to their current logo.

The most recent one is a great logo for which I'd only have 2 suggestions, one concerning the bolt: curve it a little more to get it closer to the Chargers' current logo (helmets, etc.) and work the curves in the horse's mane a bit. It has a bit of a cartoonish look as it is now.

The faceplate thing on the horse is a very cool touch. Would the "mane armor" as shown below work? I don't know, might be difficult to tell what it is. Looking at this pic, I don't know how the horses could even walk much less run carrying all that weight. :wacko:

50-3428DETAIL.jpg

Thankfully you didn't follow Miami's lead and put a helmet on it. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Thanks for your comments, guys.

Skyaa1, the face plate on the horse is very general. I looked at many different photos and art of a charger's armour and found them all to be different in many ways. Some covering the eyes all the way around, some not, etc. I just drew one that served my purposes.

The bolt isn't as curved as the real Chargers' because, if you look at theirs, it's almost a semi circle. Just hard to work around. I tried other concepts with it, but nothing was working-it just got in the way. Regardless, I think my bolt needs more curve. (FYI: These many-layered bolts are a pain in the <bleep> to work with)

I want to take in some more comments, soak them in, then work on this more next week. Thanks.

The logo at bottom is inspired by the original Chargers logo. The horse is facing left, similar angles, etc. I'm just thinking it's needing a little noodling. Looking for a bit of C+C for inspiration.

ChargerRichards.jpg

Personally, I like where the second logo is going. Good incorporation. I like the fierce-ness of it all. Reminds me of the medevial times (well, the horse and eyeblind anyway). Don't know if the blue is quite dark enough, but don't want to end up in Pittsburgh colors either. Maybe the only better thing would be a little more curviture of the bolt. That, and I really like the font style. good choice there. (**):grin:B)

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

I love the newest one! The "mix" of the modern logo itself and the medevial looking horse is really amazing. I kinda have an idea: How would the logo look without the bolt of lighting under the horse, but kind of incorporated into the horse's "hair"?

No lie, you know it's BALLIN!!!!!!

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

i'm going to have to agree with tempest on this one...while i really like the bottom one, and understand why you want to steer away from a white horse, the first one is better, in my opinion - i really like the angle of the first, the mane is a thing of beauty, i like the bolt on the forhead and i like the wordmark much better...but what i really like is how you incorporated the bolt and the horse in v1 - it's so unique and distinctive

the 2nd is a really nice logo, too, but honestly, it's forgetable compared to the first and i agree with tempest's "amatuerish" comment...and i don't mean that as a put-down...your work is usually AMAZING and to me, this is just very good

great work on both, though

jldesigns404eo.png

Thanks. Keep the ideas/suggestions coming.

I'll work on the logo later-maybe early next week. Sometimes you have to soak in comments and not look at it for a while before you can move forward.

Interesting a few of y'all liked the old logo and wordmark better. (?) I did that years ago and I like the art, but the wordmark always bugged me. It looked dated, perhaps. Uninspired font, etc. For those folks who like the old horse I'm posting the concept I did BEFORE I added the lightning bolt to the mix. Doesn't say "Charger" to me, but it's ok as a stand alone Mustang perhaps. No need to really critique it, as I won't likely revisit this old version. Just may be interesting to see.

I've tweaked the new wordmark a little. The "S" was kinda weird to me. Tried to add a small touch of unexpectedness in the letterforms.

ChargerFull_Richards.jpg

Archived