Nashville Predators 10th Anniversary Logo

oz615

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ this was not necessary. dont be a prick.

and I cant understand the hate for the Pred's primary package. The alt. sucks true but they have a great dark jersey whereas the white one could be great with some minor modifications.

My bad I was just joking, but what I did say is true, Hockey in that area is not successful and they should move the team where it can flourish. even Seattle is a better bet.

^^ this was not necessary. dont be a prick.

and I cant understand the hate for the Pred's primary package. The alt. sucks true but they have a great dark jersey whereas the white one could be great with some minor modifications.

My bad I was just joking, but what I did say is true, Hockey in that area is not successful and they should move the team where it can flourish. even Seattle is a better bet.

Give it time...the team hasn't been successful until recently, and it takes time to build up a fanbase.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

no its not true

but it is, so far... we can pretend it's been a success, but it hasn't.... stats don't lie: newish arena, amazing team, 25th in the league in attendance.

things could/should change after this season though

buuuuuuuuuuut, back on topic :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

no its not true

but it is, so far... we can pretend it's been a success, but it hasn't.... stats don't lie: newish arena, amazing team, 25th in the league in attendance.

But the Devils' attendance woes are entirely inconsequential :rolleyes: ....(I know, I know, back on topic).

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hello? Have you ever seen the Chicago Blackhawks logo? There's 3 or 4 colours on their logo that aren't in their scheme.

Yes, but do they designate any of those colors as a primary? Do they have a green alternate sweater, or a blue one?

No they don't. I never said that they do. The point that I was trying to make is that all of the colours in your logo don't have to be part of your actual colour scheme. I was using Chicago as an example of a team that has been doing this for quite some time.

no its not true

But the Devils' attendance woes are entirely inconsequential :rolleyes: ....(I know, I know, back on topic).

Not sure what the Devils have to do with this

---

Chris Creamer

Hello? Have you ever seen the Chicago Blackhawks logo? There's 3 or 4 colours on their logo that aren't in their scheme.

Yes, but do they designate any of those colors as a primary? Do they have a green alternate sweater, or a blue one?

No they don't. I never said that they do. The point that I was trying to make is that all of the colours in your logo don't have to be part of your actual colour scheme. I was using Chicago as an example of a team that has been doing this for quite some time.

His complaint was that they consider yellow a primary identity color, even though it is barely part of the primary logo.

That is very different from the Blackhawks, who have many additional colors in their logo that are not considered "identity colors." That's why I don't think your example really fits. The Blackhawks are a team which does exactly the opposite of the Preds.

My bad I was just joking, but what I did say is true, Hockey in that area is not successful

The relevant point, I think, is that the originator of this thread specifically asked us not to start that discussion in his first post.

The least we could do is honor his wishes in this matter. It's common courtesy. If you would like to talk about the Preds' attendance, you are welcome to start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

Why don't they create a cool classic looking wordmark instead of dumping a skull or robot panther on the front?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The least we could do is honor his wishes in this matter. It's common courtesy. If you would like to talk about the Preds' attendance, you are welcome to start your own thread in the appropriate forum.

Agreed, my apologies for continuing it

---

Chris Creamer

I like their sweaters, and I agree that the metallic material on the sweaters is good...

one thing that has always bothered me about the Preds is the fact that the sabertooth that is on their sweater, upon looking, is blue-gray, orange, navy, silver...almost like a Denver Broncos 2.0 scheme.

BUT....they put a yellow stroke around it on the dark sweater...and call their colors silver, navy, and yellow?

I understand their old alt, with the Gaylord Entertainment Center Logo on the shoulders, had yellow in them...but now, to me, the logo itself clashes with the jerseys.

Anyway, I happen to love the Preds 3rds. I think that they should wear them on the road and make a blue version to wear at home. But those are just my 2 rusty pennies.

Yeah, but the Hawks' sweater WORKS. Works in every way imaginable. The Preds? Not even in the same league as that classic.

Wow,it's hard to believe that it has been almost 10 years.

But guys please none of this relocation or Kansas City or "it will be their last" type stuff in this thread,thanks

bildeSiteDNDate20070227CategorySPOR.jpg

Sloppy and amateurish. It's a sin for a professional team to have paid for poor quality work like that.

Archived