Nashville Predators 10th Anniversary Logo

oz615

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not very pretty for one, but for two, wouldn't it only be nine seasons due to the lockout?

The lockout doesn't matter. Even though no hockey was played that season, the Nashville Predators still existed as a professional hockey club.

Also, as far as player contracts go, the lockout counted as a season. So I don't see why it wouldn't in this case as well.

The logo itself is brutal. I mean this is a NHL team we're talking about. A team in the premier hockey league in the world couldn't do better then this? That's sad for so many reasons.

someone move this team to Kansas City or Ontario please. One of the best talented teams and lack of support. Hockey in the heehaw states wont work.

It is too bad that the franchise has bad relations with corporate support in the area. But they have time to mend those relations. It's too early to move the team for something like that.

It'd suck for the great fanbase there too who continues to support the team greatly even though their franchise is constantly under fire from idiots who know nothing and even with the lack of corporate support, they are selling out the majority of their games. Pretty impressive.

A good playoff run to win back the corporate support may just right the ship and stabilize the team for good.

And I'm not sure what you meant by "heehaw states". I would hope you're not that moronic. Seriously.. "heehaw states"? That's the best you could come up with? Probably the worst stereotypical insult attempt I've ever heard. Made you look more like a retard than anyone else.

(Unfortunately stereotypes like this seem to be welcome on this site. Kind of worrisome. I'd like to think this site would be more professional than that. But as long as it's allowed, I guess I should just join in. Maybe I'll think of some good jewish insults. Maybe I'll make some jabs at the blacks. So many choices.)

Oh, and I'm not really a fan of the logo. But anniversary logos are always pretty bland, so I don't really expect much more.

"Hockey in the heehaw states wont work." - Jackie003

Seems you've never been to Kansas City or even to our great state of Missouri. Missouri Hee Haw state???

Well, we do have Mules in Missouri ! My fanatasy Football team is the Missouri Mules - and the TV show Hee Haw did have a mule on it, so maybe we are a Hee Haw state. But I'm damd proud of living here.

Just becareful how you word what you say Mr. Jackie - your a guest here on the boards. Not a permanant resident. Hell, even I am a guest.

I hate to admit that I agree with you - Kansas City would have a difficult time supporting an NHL team. We're getting closer but have a ways to go. I'd like to see a Canadian Province get a team. There they would flurish. Unfortantely, the Mighty American Dollar would probably prevail under the financial support of some giant company.

But one day - this Hee Haw state might get a team (NBA or NHL) - we'll have a nice house for them to call home: The Sprint Downtown arena!!!

(see pictures of the new arena - coming late 2007)

The Hee Haw State Sprint Arena - Home to the Kansas City "whatevers"

sprintcenter2.jpg

sprint_center_Basketball.jpg

sprint_center_Hockey.jpg

Sprintarenatop.jpg

PS the 10 year logo stinks - love the Predator logo - the building is OK, I've been to Nashville twice - great town!!!

The rest of the logo is poorly done - IMO

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

The Predators have two ugly logos and one decent one:

nashville_predators_alt_fossil_logo.gif

Aside from the hideous wordmark, I think the skull works. It would look great on a sweater.

Actually, they wanted to put this skull logo on the alternate sweater, but it did not show up or look as good on the sweater as the one they put on there.

well the one they put on their was just terribly looking

Go Lakers

The Predators have two ugly logos and one decent one:

nashville_predators_alt_fossil_logo.gif

Aside from the hideous wordmark, I think the skull works. It would look great on a sweater.

Actually, they wanted to put this skull logo on the alternate sweater, but it did not show up or look as good on the sweater as the one they put on there.

well the one they put on their was just terribly looking

I surveyed the 10 or so guys and gals that I hang out with at the Preds games and most, when answering honestly, did not like the logo on the mustard thirds. I wouldn't mind seeing it retired.

We all still however love the mustard sweaters.

someone move this team to Kansas City or Ontario please. One of the best talented teams and lack of support. Hockey in the heehaw states wont work.

It is too bad that the franchise has bad relations with corporate support in the area. But they have time to mend those relations. It's too early to move the team for something like that.

It'd suck for the great fanbase there too who continues to support the team greatly even though their franchise is constantly under fire from idiots who know nothing and even with the lack of corporate support, they are selling out the majority of their games. Pretty impressive.

A good playoff run to win back the corporate support may just right the ship and stabilize the team for good.

Fact remains that the team is 23rd in attendance in a league of 30 teams. That's not what I would call "impressive."

Yes, hockey has taken hold in most southern markets. Dallas, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, San Jose (all though I'm not sure SJ can be considered a "southern" market) have all been able to establish solid fan bases. To think, however, that southern expansion has a 100% success rate is foolish to say the least. Florida and Nashville are the two teams that come to mind.

Nashville is one of the hottest teams in the league, and they're only 23rd in attendance? Florida can't draw a crowd either, and that's a team that was in the Stanley Cup Finals less then 15 years ago.

Some teams (Thrasher, Stars, Lightning, Hurricanes) have established fan bases. Good for them. The Predators, however, have not. They're a team that would probably do better in Kansas City or an other town that would appreciate a NHL team.

And I'm not sure what you meant by "heehaw states". I would hope you're not that moronic. Seriously.. "heehaw states"? That's the best you could come up with? Probably the worst stereotypical insult attempt I've ever heard. Made you look more like a retard than anyone else.

(Unfortunately stereotypes like this seem to be welcome on this site. Kind of worrisome. I'd like to think this site would be more professional than that. But as long as it's allowed, I guess I should just join in. Maybe I'll think of some good jewish insults. Maybe I'll make some jabs at the blacks. So many choices.)

"Heehaw state" was a very stupid and ignorant comment. It sucks that people who think that way are grouped in with people like myself.

Don't, however, be so arrogant as to assume that some idiotic comment about the state of Tennessee is on the same level as a racial slur.

Don't, however, be so arrogant as to assume that some idiotic comment about the state of Tennessee is on the same level as a racial slur.

Boy this discussion is falling fast. Those comments are of the same ilk. I don't think there's anything arrogant about saying that. I don't see much difference in saying...

"All African-Americans are idiotic."

"All residents of New Hampshire are idiotic."

"All Mexicans are idiotic."

"All people who wear blue underwear are idiotic."

All are flawed statements, all are ignorant and all are offensive to a certain segment of people. Is the third statement more wrong simply because it offends a larger group?

To those who take as much pride in their region as in their race, the original comments are on the same level.

ARE U ALL RETARDED, FRIGGIN EMOTIONAL LOSERS. WE GOT BACK ON TO THE LOGO TOPIC A LONG TIME A GO AND YOU ARE JUST TUNING IN NOW.

LIKE IT WAS SAID BEFORE BY SOMEONE, STAY ON FRIGGIN TOPIC. LET GO AND WIPE YOUR TEARS MONGRELS.

HOLY CRAP I HAVE LOYAL POST HUMPERS.

ARE U ALL RETARDED, FRIGGIN EMOTIONAL LOSERS. WE GOT BACK ON TO THE LOGO TOPIC A LONG TIME A GO AND YOU ARE JUST TUNING IN NOW.

LIKE IT WAS SAID BEFORE BY SOMEONE, STAY ON FRIGGIN TOPIC. LET GO AND WIPE YOUR TEARS MONGRELS.

HOLY CRAP I HAVE LOYAL POST HUMPERS.

And with that the Jackie003 era of the CCSLC has come to an end

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Neither do your sentence fragments or questionable grasp of punctuation and capitalization.

Guys, watch out here comes the Word Police. Here correct this too:

STUH PU DAN YAST NO ICOTP

B)

Neither do your sentence fragments or questionable grasp of punctuation and capitalization.

Guys, watch out here comes the Word Police. Here correct this too:

STUH PU DAN YAST NO ICOTP

B)

Jackie003? (anybody got an IP tracker?)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived