NoMoreOrr.com

jkrdevil

Therefore maybe my speech is the real porblem,

You see it's really not my fault, that I've gone through public school without these indisrections beening corrected by my teachers.

anchor.gif

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps you may have noticed the correct spellings in your textbooks or dictionaries. I'm pretty sure public schools still hand those things out to students.

Are you kidding?

1) We had to share textbooks

2) Each classroom had about 3 dictionaries, that were each missing pages adn were from the 60's

3) We had about 35 kids in each classroom, so take 15 texbooks and 3-4 dictionaries and try to spread them evenly. Even if I wanted a dictionary it'd be a struggle just to get one.

I think you maybe able to figure out my school did not have much money. We were a lucky one though, many other schools in the area Tos, Tec North & South, and Tec Beeton (these names mean nothing to you) to name a few couldn't afford new desk. They actually used any hard surface about 2.5 feet of the ground (heaters, etc...) and I'm not kidding.

So yes public schools hand things out of that nature to students. The problem lies in those things cost money, which was something my school among others didn't have a lot of.

And I thought Illinois schools sucked...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Perhaps you may have noticed the correct spellings in your textbooks or dictionaries. I'm pretty sure public schools still hand those things out to students.

Are you kidding?

2) Each classroom had about 3 dictionaries, that were each missing pages adn were from the 60's

3) We had about 35 kids in each classroom, so take 15 texbooks and 3-4 dictionaries and try to spread them evenly. Even if I wanted a dictionary it'd be a struggle just to get one.

I think you maybe able to figure out my school did not have much money. We were a lucky one though, many other schools in the area Tos, Tec North & South, and Tec Beeton (these names mean nothing to you) to name a few couldn't afford new desk. They actually used any hard surface about 2.5 feet of the ground (heaters, etc...) and I'm not kidding.

So yes public schools hand things out of that nature to students. The problem lies in those things cost money, which was something my school among others didn't have a lot of.

Brother, quit blaming every other thing on the planet and take some responsibility.

Its you.

Do yourself a favor the next time you are about to post and RE-READ the content before hitting send. This will help you catch all of your "begginnnings" and your "adn" and the remarkable "teh"

Have the courtesy to check those things out. No one is expecting you to spell conscientiously correctly. Just use a cap at the beginning of a sentence, a period at the end, and read the message before you post.

Simple.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Are you kidding?

Brother, quit blaming every other thing on the planet and take some responsibility.

Its you.

Do yourself a favor the next time you are about to post and RE-READ the content before hitting send. This will help you catch all of your "begginnnings" and your "adn" and the remarkable "teh"

Have the courtesy to check those things out. No one is expecting you to spell conscientiously correctly. Just use a cap at the beginning of a sentence, a period at the end, and read the message before you post.

Simple.

Yes, quite a few things are me. On the other hand people are not born with a knowledge of written or spoken language. Therefore how am I supposed to develop an understanding of this language? From my teachers, if I was not giving proper teaching on the subject that is in no way my fault.

It is my job to fix it though. I will do so as soon as I can.

I'm also telling the truth abou my old school, I don't attend it anymore. I live in a farming community. It's actually the " Potato Capital of Ontario ". There are instances in both my high school, and old grade school where students have had books that have there parent's names written in them. The math textbooks we use are from the 80's and some don't even have covers. Some even have all the answers written in them. We don't get priority when it comes to new books and what not. Most of the money goes ro repairing the schools both of which are over 50 years old.

So yes it's me, but it's also those who were supposed to teach me, and as you can see did't do that great a job.

untitled-6.jpg

Therefore maybe my speech is the real porblem,

You see it's really not my fault, that I've gone through public school without these indisrections beening corrected by my teachers.

anchor.gif

You forgot this:

Location: Do you want to know the startling truth? or do you want to see me sock a few some dingers?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Are you kidding?

Its you.

Simple.

Yes, quite a few things are me. On the other hand people are not born with a knowledge of written or spoken language. Therefore how am I supposed to develop an understanding of this language? From my teachers, if I was not giving proper teaching on the subject that is in no way my fault.

It is my job to fix it though. I will do so as soon as I can.

I'm also telling the truth abou my old school, I don't attend it anymore. I live in a farming community. It's actually the " Potato Capital of Ontario ". There are instances in both my high school, and old grade school where students have had books that have there parent's names written in them. The math textbooks we use are from the 80's and some don't even have covers. Some even have all the answers written in them. We don't get priority when it comes to new books and what not. Most of the money goes ro repairing the schools both of which are over 50 years old.

So yes it's me, but it's also those who were supposed to teach me, and as you can see did't do that great a job.

Read a book. It'll open up your vocabulary, writing skills, verbal skills, spelling, grammar, and will increase your overall knowledge of everything. Read one a month and it'll do a lot for you.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Read a book. It'll open up your vocabulary, writing skills, verbal skills, spelling, grammar, and will increase your overall knowledge of everything. Read one a month and it'll do a lot for you.

I read books all the time. I have an 80% in Academic English right now. I type how I speak, not how I write. If I were write a short story it would be 10 times better then this (which i already have admitted is bad).

So for the last time i will try to fix it as soon as I can. In the mean time I'd a enjoy it if every single person stopped correcting me on every mistake I make in this thread. I feel as if I'm being ganged up on.

P.S. Thanks Fred I never relised my location had that error . I had " some " there and then saw that episode, and relised it was " few " I guess I never erased some when I changd it.

untitled-6.jpg

I read books all the time. I have an 80% in Academic English right now. I type how I speak, not how I write. If I were trite a short story it would be 10 times better then this (which i already have admitted is bad).

So for the last time i will try to fix it as soon as I can. In the mean time I'd a enjoy it if every single person stopped correcting me on every mistake I make in this thread. I feel as if I'm being ganged up on.

P.S. Thanks Fred I never relised my location had that error . I had " some " there and then saw that episode, and relised it was " few " I guess I never erased some when I changd it.

Maybe you should type how you write. After all typing is writing.

Also, you should download the new Firefox browser that has spell check. It's free and it does wonders.

BULL:censored:. It is, in every way, your fault. You completely missed JR's point. Take some personal responsibility. Toss aside your nonsense "defense" that none of us are born with language skills, since billions of humans around the world manage to get the hang of interpersonal communication just fine. If you feel you aren't being taught by the school system, find a parent, sibling, friend to help you. If you can't get help there, go to the library - or online - and read. Teach yourself. As Confucius said, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." You owe it to yourself to write and speak properly. Your posts are essentially the only way people in this community will ever know you. If you want them to think you're uneducated, sloppy and careless... well, that's on you. But keep in mind colleges, future employers and potential spouses will also judge you on what you say/write, and how you say/write it. Best not to come off as an idiot. So stop whining, and glean some helpful advice from what people are telling you. You can make a difference in your school. Push for new texts. Bug your parents into joining the local PTA so that they can be agents for change. Hell, have them run for School Board president. Agitate for change, do some good for your whole town. But all that being said, English hasn't changed in 50 years; the spelling and grammar rules from back then are just as valid today.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Just to add to this, Hockey legends such as Glen Hall, Wayne Gretzky, Paul Coffey, Bill Wirtz, Dion Phaneuf, Donald Brashear, Rory Fitzpatrick, Aki Berg, and Sean Pronger are behind this campaign.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/sig...i?nmo5150&1

The Hamburglar has also signed the petition. He left this message "My name is Hamburglar and I steal your Hamburger!". Bobby Orr has signed it twice. Don Cherry, Ilya Kovalchuk, and Pat Quinn have also signed the petition.

I read books all the time. I have an 80% in Academic English right now. I type how I speak, not how I write. If I were trite a short story it would be 10 times better then this (which i already have admitted is bad).

Maybe you should type how you write. After all typing is writing.

Also, you should download the new Firefox browser that has spell check. It's free and it does wonders.

Get the Firefox browser. The spell check isn't the greatest but at least you'll see your mistakes

As Confucius said, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

I prefer...

Give a man a fish, and that man will know where to come for fish. Teach a man to fish and you've just destroyed your market base, Commie!

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

BULL:censored:. It is, in every way, your fault. You completely missed JR's point. Take some personal responsibility. Toss aside your nonsense "defense" that none of us are born with language skills, since billions of humans around the world manage to get the hang of interpersonal communication just fine. If you feel you aren't being taught by the school system, find a parent, sibling, friend to help you. If you can't get help there, go to the library - or online - and read. Teach yourself. As Confucius said, "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime." You owe it to yourself to write and speak properly. Your posts are essentially the only way people in this community will ever know you. If you want them to think you're uneducated, sloppy and careless... well, that's on you. But keep in mind colleges, future employers and potential spouses will also judge you on what you say/write, and how you say/write it. Best not to come off as an idiot. So stop whining, and glean some helpful advice from what people are telling you. You can make a difference in your school. Push for new texts. Bug your parents into joining the local PTA so that they can be agents for change. Hell, have them run for School Board president. Agitate for change, do some good for your whole town. But all that being said, English hasn't changed in 50 years; the spelling and grammar rules from back then are just as valid today.

It's now my fault if I don't fix it. It wasn't before as I never relised anything was wrong with my posting.

When I stated the age of the books as a reason, I wasn't implying that the text itself was out of date. Rather that they were in such horrible condition they could hardly be used/read.

I will look into that FireFox browser others have mentioned. Also even though it may sound stupid, would like to thank all of you for opening my eyes to this. I'm registered on a few other forums and haven't had such comments made towards my posting abilities. No one has ever said anything, so thank you guys for stepping up and trying to assist me on improving this, so I can become a better member of this community.

untitled-6.jpg

u guyz shood reelly lay off him, he doin the best he can. buttheadz.

w3rd?

It's "youz guyz" not "u guyz". i mean really if your correECting someone yuo shouldg et it right yoself :D

It's "youz guyz" not "u guyz". i mean really if your correECting someone yuo shouldg et it right yoself :D

Ziggy am I this bad on the WSF forum aswell?

untitled-6.jpg

You're not funny.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

No just the occasional "then" and "than" as well as "there" and "their"

No just the occasional "then" and "than" as well as "there" and "their"

Ok good, atleast those mistakes can be understood. I will be simming games tommorow, incase you were wondering.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived