NHL Uniforms.com

spyboy1

Is anyone else having problems surfing NHLUniforms.com?

Say for instance I want to see all the jersey styles or patch variations Mats Sundin has worn for the Maple Leafs. After the homepage loads and I select the decade I want to start with, I'm able to view two, maybe three years, like 95-96 and then 96-97.

After that, nothing else will load. It just sits there until I get a "operation timed out, server not responding" type of error. There's no definite pattern to it either. Sometimes it's popup window of a jersey in greater detail that won't load, frequently it's a new year's overview. Sometimes I can view as many as 4 years, sometimes just 1.

It happens on my iMac with OS X with Safari and Firefox at both home and work, so I'm up to date with hardware & software.

It's really frustrating since my style of using the site is to usually go from year to year to year to see the progression of one team, instead of picking a single year and looking at different teams.

If I go back a half hour later, I can look at another one or two years, then right back into the non-response issue.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Yeah, it's been like that for quite awhile with me too. They key is to once you click on a year take your hand on your mouse and let everything load.. then browse threw the page (ie don't roll your mouse over something that hasn't yet loaded) and you should be fine.

Thanks for the surfing tips. I hope that works.

Like I said, I'm usually going from year to year to year and it really sucks to only be able to see two years before hitting "the freeze".

I know Andrew is a member of this board (can't recall his board name though) so hopefully he still drops by now and again and will see there's some issues with the site.

I swear I visit it every day trying to find out what year a team wore a certain patch or changed to a new jersey style.

HansonsSig.jpg

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Hey guys, it's Andrew -- webmaster of NHLUniforms.com.

Thank you to everyone who posted in this topic, thus bringing this problem to my attention. I, too, have noticed the site freezing up after going to only a couple pages. I'm sure it was as frustrating for you as it was for me.

I informed my web host's tech support team of this issue and that the problem had only recently started. They told me that they installed an anti-ddos script on their servers, and since each page was making several connections, it mistook honest surfing for launching ddos attacks, and thus has been locking IP addresses out for ten minutes at a time.

After going back and forth with tech support, they placed a new rule for the nhluniforms.com domain basically overriding the anti-ddos script, so the problem should be taken care of.

If anyone continues to have trouble surfing the site, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Andrew

P.S. I know the Oilers have been wearing their vintage uniforms this season. I would have updated the site sooner, but I have been extremely busy lately between my full-time job, my part-time/temporary job, building other people's websites (the ones that actually make me money), emergency hernia surgery and training for a five-day bike ride from Phoenix to San Diego that I will be taking next month. As soon as I get an opportunity, I will update the site accordingly.

Hey guys, it's Andrew -- webmaster of NHLUniforms.com.

Thank you to everyone who posted in this topic, thus bringing this problem to my attention. I, too, have noticed the site freezing up after going to only a couple pages. I'm sure it was as frustrating for you as it was for me.

I informed my web host's tech support team of this issue and that the problem had only recently started. They told me that they installed an anti-ddos script on their servers, and since each page was making several connections, it mistook honest surfing for launching ddos attacks, and thus has been locking IP addresses out for ten minutes at a time.

After going back and forth with tech support, they placed a new rule for the nhluniforms.com domain basically overriding the anti-ddos script, so the problem should be taken care of.

If anyone continues to have trouble surfing the site, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Andrew

P.S. I know the Oilers have been wearing their vintage uniforms this season. I would have updated the site sooner, but I have been extremely busy lately between my full-time job, my part-time/temporary job, building other people's websites (the ones that actually make me money), emergency hernia surgery and training for a five-day bike ride from Phoenix to San Diego that I will be taking next month. As soon as I get an opportunity, I will update the site accordingly.

Thanks for the response, Andrew. I was also wondering about the Oilers vintage unis not being on there... but you certainly have a lot going on right now. Thanks for all the hard work and a great site!

I always wished there was a team's page where you can get teh history of one franchise at a glance on his site...

Man, how nice would THAT be. :hockeysmiley:

That's exactly the way I use the site.

Hopefully if the lockout problem isn't compeletely solved yet, we're on our way to getting it fixed.

HansonsSig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still having problems with the site. I'm thinking it's getting worse again.

I was better for a few days, but it's clearly not as good as it was the first couple of days after the problem was identified.

Even when it works, it works slow and I've got some pretty fast connections at work and at home.

How about you guys?

HansonsSig.jpg

I was better for a few days, but it's clearly not as good as it was the first couple of days after the problem was identified.

Even when it works, it works slow and I've got some pretty fast connections at work and at home.

How about you guys?

Seems worse to me too.

How about you guys?

Seems worse to me too.

I'm having problems with it as well.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Hey guys -- it's Andrew. Thank you once again for bringing this to my attention. I spoke with the owner of the web hosting company I use, and he in turn was able to help get to the bottom of the issue. (I apologize in advance for any technical mumbo-jumbo that may follow) Each page that was accessed created dozens of http connections. A change was made to the apache configuration, and now only four http requests are being made per page -- down from 72. Therefore, all issues of users being locked out of the site for 10 minutes should finally be resolved! To all regular users of the site, could you send me an e-mail at andrew@nhluniforms.com and let me know either way whether surfing the site is easier or if it continues to be a problem.

Andrew

P.S. Yes, I know -- I'll get to updating the Oilers image on this season's page as soon as I can.

andrew,

how's it going?

while you're at it, if you'd be so kind, and if you have a copy of the 2006-07 canadiens media guide, they mention and show some white sweaters the habs wore in the mid-1930's as well as a borrowed sweater they had to wear for a game in 1917-18. you may add those jerseys in additon to the oilers vintage worn for 06-07.

if you don't have the guide, i can send you further info. please let me know!!

tb

• LMU locked this topic

Archived