Caps to wear red white and blue

Don

My favourite quote about the old Caps uniforms was from the original Klein and Reif hockey compendium, where they said that they "look like the remnants of an American flag explosion".

I'd love to see the Caps in RWB again, but not with the old amateur logo.

PapelbonSpaceship.png

bannerlong.jpg

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that the Caps were merely mimmicking their NBA brethern, the Bullets (I can't remember if they were the Capital Bullets or Baltimore Bullets or Washington Bullets at the time...anyway).

capitals.gif

I don't know how I failed to make that connection over all those years.

WSH-B_5603.gif

Anyway, I always liked the Caps' old look and greatly prefer it to the current look. Put me in the camp that finds the Capitol Dome logo to be the only redeeming element of the current look.

Me neither, but it's plain as day, the relationship between the old bullets and caps logos. Jeez, I missed that one for years! Learn somethin' new every day, I guess.

I spoke today with a source I trust who has personal and professional contacts within the Caps organization. Without prompting, my source reported seeing several new jerseys prototypes firsthand, though my source cannot say whether they were mere concept mock-ups or something closer to a final design comp of the home/away set. Anyway, my source's main points were:

1. The eagle logo was not present on the jerseys my source saw.

2. A new logo was used on the jerseys. Featured the Capitol dome and Capitals script, but simpler than the current dome logo.

3. The blue was similar to the current one, but less "dusky." A more saturated medium blue. Slightly darker, but more intense.

4. The red was slightly darker, deeper than that used by the Nationals, but not nearly so dark as to qualify as burgundy or maroon. Similar to the Astros or D-Backs reds, my source described it, but brighter.

The colors my source described sound like they would be similar to one of the better Caps concepts over on the Concepts board, which would be terrific. Even if these jerseys were only discarded preliminary models, they suggest to me that the Caps might actually wind up with better uniforms than their current set. Before today, it would have surprised me if the new uniforms turned out to be an improvement on the current set. My expectations have definitely been raised.

20082614447.png

anything with a Capitals script as the logo is lack of creativity, but i like the way the colors sound.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

capitals.gif

It bothers me that the letters in the team name are all lower-case.

Remember when it was designed :D . And the team stunk and they even wore white pants one year.

Regardless, IMO, they should have red, white and blue in their colors. :flagusa:

looks more like:

46218262lp0.jpg

dont u think?

Gosh, I hope not. My source described seeing a couple of actual jerseys in a team executive's office, not pictures or graphics, and this source has not previously exaggerated that sort of information to me before. Plus my source brought up the jersey sighting without prompting from me in the course of a conversation about the regression in food and service quality at RFK Stadium.

But this is information from a single source that I cannot at present verify with other sources. I hope I was clear in stating the nature of my info. I trust this source, but I have no way to ascertain the nature of what my source saw or the accuracy of my source's recollections.

20082614447.png

i understand that, but the way u described it...looks alot like that jersey, even tho we know its a photoshop mockup thats what u described.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

ugh yes that is the photoshopped jersey that was "leaked" out, but what im saying is that what he described sounds like that jersey.

Beat me to it.

They were running that add on the jumbotron today.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived