Caps to wear red white and blue

Don

Capitals Insider

Reebok outfitted the whole team with the new form-fitting uniform "system" (jerseys and socks) the league is switching to next year. The guys looked much smaller, especially the guys who are already small to begin with. The uniforms were just plain colors, not the red, white and blue the Caps will be switching to next year.

I wanna know what they're gonna look like! im kinda excited but hopeful they do it right.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the Caps away jersey and I hope they can somehow keep that as an alternate because I have a feeling the eagle logo will begone next season, because if they recolored that logo with said colours then it would just look odd with a red or blue beak...:S

Hi, how are you?

It's about time. I never liked the Caps set since they changed it way back when. (1995-96 i believe)

I never liked the colors, i never liked the logo. The secondary logo was the only thing worth a dime in the whole set, and they got it right by making it the main home uniform, but it should have been the main crest for both.

The numbers were garbage, the colors were garbage, the logo was garbage.

Hopefully, this time around, they can make a good looking uniform.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

While I love their colour scheme, in fact I loved the blue jerseys and the ealge logo, the colours are not meant for a team named the Washington Captials. I just hope it's not a recolouring of the current logos like the Utah Jazz or Denver Nuggets have done recently.

I saw, I came, I left.

I really can't stomach the current look. I'm probably one of the few who really like their original look (not the white shorts, though) and wouldn't mind seeing something reflecting this come back.

caps.jpg

I'm not a caps fan, but I always thought those old uniforms were great......and really, how can a team called the Washington Capitals not be red, white, and blue?? I never understood the change to the current color scheme.....

I really can't stomach the current look. I'm probably one of the few who really like their original look (not the white shorts, though) and wouldn't mind seeing something reflecting this come back.

caps.jpg

I'd like to see something in the vein come back. I loved the stars being part of the jersey. It was a very unique jersey, and in my eyes at least, a very good look.

sB9ijEj.png

Gold and blue are every bit as capitalistic as red white and blue.

I don't like the current uniforms, but the colors are fine.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well I hated the old unis...boring...i liked the federal blue...they just needed to add and antique red and drop the black...go with ivory instead of white, and old gold as an accent

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

I think the current unis/color scheme are great; they're unique and as someone else said just as symbolic as red white and blue (that combo is WAY overdone). I always liked the way them and the Wizards matched. I think those old unis are horribly corny, and I just hope they go with something as classy as the current look.

Personally, I hated those old red Capitals sweaters. The logo was extremely generic looking, and the jerseys looked dated even back in 1993.

I liked the original "new" Capitals jerseys when they came out during the 95/96 season. In particular, I loved the blue set. However, nowadays they look somewhat dated. I would have loved to have seen them keep their current logo and the blue/gold colour scheme, just on a different template jersey. Those colours have tremendous potential, and look extremely sharp in a hockey rink (I thought during the 98 Cup Finals, the Capitals looked their best... since then I think because the Verizon Center lighting is so poor, everything looks drab on television).

Juventus.png

I can't believe the amount of people saying that the logo and the Jersey are good looking. Are you kidding me? That logo is simply atrocious, and the jersey is... my god man, angled stripes?

The day this jerseys dies won't come soon enough. It's been awful since it came out, and it has not advanced a single notch...

sB9ijEj.png

The blue jersey was good. The numbering's always been bad. The black jersey has a horrible color balance. And that dome logo is just plain over-busy and putrid.

And please, please, please, do not return to the clown suits.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The blue jersey was good. The numbering's always been bad. The black jersey has a horrible color balance. And that dome logo is just plain over-busy and putrid.

The Dome logo was the only thing about the sets worth a damn thing...

sB9ijEj.png

The Dome logo was the only thing about the sets worth a damn thing...

These are your opinions my friend. Not facts. We're entitled to ours as well, respect that. Different strokes for different folks.

The current set had/has some very-good parts but an equal number of very-bad parts.

On the white jerseys, I really like the way the black numbers w/ bronze trim show against the white background. I like the eagle logo but it lost its place in the team look after Leonsis took over and made the dome the logo of primary use. (It's at center ice, it's on the press guide and the letterhead on all team stationery) And I never cared for the angled stripes.

The black jerseys were a great third but they don't hold up as a 41-use-per-season set. The bronze-on-black does not show well from a distance or on TV. I was at a Caps practice once and saw someone with a personalized black jersey with white letters and numbers w/ bronze trim. Talk about sharp!

And on the dome logo, I think it would be 100% improved if you just removed the panel with the team name on it. Just the dome, the crossed sticks and the puck. Even if you don't know the team name, that's enough to convey that this is the logo of the hockey team in Washington, D.C.

To me, the best logos don't need words in them.

natsred.pngredskins.pngmaryland.pngcapitals.png

Archived