MLB Uniform Concept 7-Pack

phayze

Rockies, Brewers, Orioles, and Diamondbacks = awesome

Astros = pretty good

Blue Jays, Twins = alright, these not as good as other five one reason each:

Jays: Didnt go back far enuf for my tastes (but thats just me, it still looks very clean)

Twins: I prefer the current twinkies writing, but the olden-times arm patch was amazing

All in all, keep up the damn good work man

I love them. The Blue Jays one seems off for some reason I"m not totally sure why. Can't put my finger on it.

But the Diamondbacks one is freaking amazing. It's 1000x better than the crap they are wearing now. The concept shows how you can change your identity but still look pretty good while doing it.

SignatureNHL.png

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution"

Astros I like the idea of returning to navy & orange since no one in baseball is using it right now. But

The Tigers use navy blue/orange (on their road unis anyway). That's not to say that Astros couldn't use it too.

Twins: Downgrade. I don't like the "Minnesota" scrpit. I do like the road alt that you used, however.

Astros: Upgrade. I like their current uniform, but now with the D-Backs, I think they can go away from their very non-Astro colors. I think the colors work with the scheme and I really like the solid alt. Plus nobody seems to wear this kind of color scheme any more (orange/blue, blue/yellow) without adding black, it seems. Nice.

D-Backs: Slight updgrade. Removing the "D-BACKS" word mark is a definate plus.

Brewers: Slight upgrade (see my statement on colors for Astros).

Rockies: Downgrade. I prefer the existing "CR" and am not fond of the number font you used. However, I like the sleeve patch you created.

Blue Jays: Gigantic Upgrade. Sure, there was nowhere to go but up, but I absolutely love this design. The leaf-less bird makes for a great cap and the light blue alt is very sharp.

Orioles: Downgrade. Good execution and I like the "Baltimore" on the road. However, my personal preference is against the "happy bird." I like the current cap. I think the orange alt is very sharp with the white word mark. Also, I notice a patch on the right sleeve (commonly done here). Teams typically put them on the left. That would be my preference.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Astros I like the idea of returning to navy & orange since no one in baseball is using it right now. But

The Tigers use navy blue/orange (on their road unis anyway). That's not to say that Astros couldn't use it too.

I always forget about the Tigers roads. Probably because their homes are so iconic.

Astros: Good recolorizing, but the problem with the Astros is the font. Their current font looks western, not space age. It's a bad font for a team named Astros. C-

Rockies: Very good. Not your best work, but a significant improvement. A-

Blue Jays: Just wonderful. A

Brewers: The recoloring here does so much. But I miss the barley. A-

Orioles: Very good. This is a lot better than what they have. A-

D'Backs: Your best. As said before, this is what they should look like. A+

Twins: As a Twins fan since 1962, I absolutely love it. Would be fantastic for when they open the new ballpark. A+

Man, I was about to do an Astros concept with their old colors! O Well, yours is a lot better than mine! I love all of these, except the Blue Jays, I think they are probably the hardest team in the MLB to give an identity to, but the rest of them are fantastic! Great job!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I cannot believe how good your diamondbacks jerseys look...amazing! I just got a red d-backs hat (with the 'd snake') , and its probably my favorite, so I actually would like to see that used for each of your jerseys. Especially the alternate, because you have red with a black hat and black with red hat would be nice.

I like all of your other ones...but the d-backs are amazing!

BLUE JAYS- Not bad. But you need a more distinctive numeral font. The font used with this style wasn't bad. The Columbia Blue was actually called Victory Blue by the manufacturers. I never really cared for the Jays' Victory Blue jammies. That color brings back painful memories of the '85 and '87 meltdowns. Royal Blue all the way!

ORIOLES- Needs front numbers.

BREWERS- Patches go on the LEFT sleeve.

ASTROS- The original Astros lettering from '65 with the Comet tail is pretty cool.

TWINS- The original jackets from '61 used that script. But the "i" was dotted with a star. Try it that way.

After looking at one of my Twins T-shirts, which has that chevronish logo, I have to make an amendment on what I think of your Twins concept -- from A+ to A-.

The reason: I believe the outline of the state of Minnesota with the shaking-hands logo looks much better than the chevronish shaking-hands logo.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived