Atlanta Hawks Logo Concept

-(dp)-

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, thanks everybody, you gave some good c+c. I tried most of the suggestions. The main logo hasn't changed much, except making the circle a basketball. I think either with or without it works. Here they are, side by side:

hawkslogos2.png

Then, I worked on the wordmark. I fixed the open space between the k and s, as ERay suggested. I also made an ATLANTA wordmark for the road uniforms, and made a more angular HAWKS wordmark. Personally, I like the one with the curved lines better. Here those are:

hawkswordmarks2.png

As I said, earlier, there were also some uniforms on the way. Well, now they are done. I used the red, white, navy and baby blue, because that is what is rumored they will change to next year. The alt. was obviously inspired by some earlier uniforms they had, except with different colors and logos. Let me know what you guys think.

hawksuniforms.png

MegatronSig2.jpg

Definately an improvement from their current unis. I like the most recent mock-up...I'd like to see it in the blue and lime green!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Definetly keep the original logo. Not only does it somewhat lose its immediatley visible connection to the pac-man logo, but it looks too busy for a logo that gets its beauty from its simplicity.

And I'd like to co-sign to whoever said the first wordmark looks more like a bird's wing.

So simple. And yet, so good. :jawdrop:

Everything works, for all 3 color sets. It conveys team history with the revised '80s logo but goes in a different direction, especially with the wordmark.

The black bird is my favorite. Looks almost like Batman, which is a good thing IMO.

Adding the ball to the background makes it look too much like a ripoff of the original T-Wolves logo - animal offset left, thick ring around ball. And as was said, there are too many teams who rely on a basketball in their logo. This one is better for not going that way.

As for the uniforms, as much as I associate the Hawks with red/gold (and a little black, if used right... I still miss the 'Nique/Spud unis), the Carolina blue set works really well and alludes to the early history of the team. The wordmarl may need a little tweaking to fit the '80s homage uniforms, but if they did something like that, it would be an historic melding of different eras into one uniform (Pettit colors, 'Nique style, with new elements thrown in). Usually, this is a cringe-inducing cut & paste mishmash of elements thrown together with little forethought. Yours is clearly not that case. Really, really nicely done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

yeah im also a fan of the rounded wordmarks (especially the Atlanta) and the logo without the ball is also the best uve come up with...im not too sure about the colors tho, it might be cool to try somethin with the lime green tho, since no one in the nba has that shade of green (dallas is the closest) and the red and blues seem a lil too memphis/detroit/dallas.

Thanks for all of the comments. I also like the curved wordmark better, I think I will stick with that one. I am going to keep the main logo without the basketball. Here are the uniforms with the other color schemes:

awksuniscurrent.png

hawksunislime.png

I am still open to suggestions, so let me know what you think.

MegatronSig2.jpg

these latest two concepts are fantastic! i love how all 3 came out and i am a huge fan of the red, black, and yellow. i think that is because i am partial to their current set. the blue and lime green came out really well too. keep up the good work!!

Nice work, I could go with any of them, but I liket the 1st two uni sets posted, we haven't seen the lt blue and red since the Kings wore those years ago, despite a few teams already switched to light blue.

I love the red/yellow/black and blue/lime concepts. The blue/red one reminds me too much of the Pistons. Between the two though I really can't decide which is better. They're both so great! Great work! I really hope you send these into the Hawks, give it a shot at least.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived