Official NFL Draft and Draft Weekend Trades Thread

STL FANATIC

The Colts do realize they have to actually play defense right? I mean who else in the league drops a firstie on a 3rd receiver. Ridiculous.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg Olsen was shown wearing a Bears cap, so guess that's their pick. One firstie left..and it's the champs.

Please don't take a receiver, Indy...you need defensive help. Line, linebackers, or secondary...doesn't matter.

Hmmm...I guess Polian isn't listening to us :P

I really wanted Posluzny, but this isn't that bad of a pick, as it does replace Stokley.

espnsig.gif

So the Cardinals take Alan Branch; the Bills trade up to take Paul Posluzny.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Okay, Tampa...you're on the clock.

Who to take here? Dwayne Jarrett is still out there...but then, so is Sidney Rice.

Posluzny just got nabbed; I think now would be a good time to look at another good CB. But I don't see where or now Jarrett would be a bad pick...unless he turns out to be another Reidel Anthony.

With the 3th pick, the Buccaneers select...

...Aaron Sears, OG, Tennessee.

Well...ok. We DO need some O-line help, and over-the-hill veterans (Petigout) ain't the answer.

Let's see...Kenyatta Walker, Davin Joseph, Jeremy Trueblood, and now this guy...

...Young guys who can develop together. Not that bad a move.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

So why did the Eagles take this guy? This high?

Hmmm...

They decided to go to Sears

as for the first round they need to cut it down, teams should have 10 mins not 15 mins to decide.

I wholeheartedly agree. Especially since there about 8 billion mock drafts that seem to start with about 2 minutes left in the Super Bowl. I can't imagine that coaches who work 27 hours a day haven't schemed almost every draft possibility. :censored: it, if all else fails just call Mel Kiper draft moron and ask him who to pick...then pick someone else. Either way, I find it hard to believe that the micromanaged teams of the NFL need 15 minutes to decide on something they've spent 4 months preparing for.

BB52Big.jpg

THIS MAKES NO SENSE!

Chris Houston was available, he would have been a great value pick, and so was Trent Edwards who is a much better QB in my opinion and runs a system that would fit in with the Eagles WCO. Kolb comes from a pass happy system...terrible, just terrible.

Quote of the day, from Chris Berman:

"We got a lot to tell you, but--uh...we're not exactly moving at Mach 5." (as they went to commercial)

Yeah...NO :censored: SHERLOCK!!!

You know...I don't understand why, after the first round, they juse feel like yapping on through the picks. It's damn near disrespectful to the guys that are getting picked to be rambling on through the actual announcements, and then try to catch up with all the picks 5 or 10 minutes after the fact, then rush through those. I really wish they would just SHUT UP SOMETIME and show the picks AS THEY'RE ANNOUNCED. I knwo they ain't as highly regarded as their first round brethren, but they deserve some face time too, you know...

Hmm...interesting, I'm watching the NFL Network feed on the internet and they're still going through each player and talking about them. Quite a good crew too, Marshall Faulk, Deion Sanders and Steve Mariucci add a lot to the regular team of analysts.

The Dolphins pick John Beck. They could have taken Quinn and there are still two good receivers from USC on the board now. The Dolphins messed up this draft.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Saturday, April 28th, 2007 - 19:12:48)

The Dolphins pick John Beck. They could have taken Quinn and there are still two good receivers from USC on the board now. The Dolphins messed up this draft.

Did you catch that lil' video clip of Cam Cameron trying to "excite" the Dolphin fans about TGJR7? Saying "they'll be excited each time Ginn touches the ball on punt returns" and all that...

What--you draft a guy that high only to use on PUNT RETURNS?

Like Sean Salisbury said, you better HOPE he develops into the #1 receiver or a very VERY good #2, at LEAST.

As far as John Beck, well, they needed a QB, and they could have done worse...

...But they also could have done a HELLUVA LOT BETTER.

But hey...I'm happy Cleveland got two guys they wanted and who can be franchise cornerstones!

Looks like the Lions just took Drew Stanton, from Michigan State.

Detroit's QB of the future???

The Colts seem to have forgotten that you play defense in the NFL.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived