Official NFL Draft and Draft Weekend Trades Thread

STL FANATIC

O.K., I'm still upset about the Anthony Gonzalez thing. Don't get me wrong, if the Colts could've chosen anyone in the draft to fill in at the #3 WR Gonzalez would've been the best choice, but the matter of the fact is...you don't use a first round pick on a player that's going to be a third option at WR. I'm not as upset at the trade for the second round pick, the line is aging and I think that Ugoh could help ease the transition to the next generation of linemen.

I do like what the Colts did in the third round, Daymeion Hughes will fit in the Cover 2 well, and Quinn Pitcock should provide some run-stuffing ability. With that said, if Bob Sanders goes down like last year the Colts are going to need Gonzalez to put up MASSIVE numbers to make up for the lack of defense.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

San Francisco, Cleveland, Carolina, Minnesota, Buffalo were all big winners.

Miami, Tennessee, Green Bay, Baltimore, Seattle are all losers.

Best available on Day 2:

Tanard Jackson

Ben Patrick

Antonio Pittman

Josh Beekman

Aundrae Allison

Brandon Siler

Troy Smith

Mason Crosby

Brian Robison

Fred Bennett

Zak DeOssie

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

BREAKING NEWS!!!

It's being reported RANDY MOSS (in a move that'll surprise no one) is being traded to, of all teams, the PATRIOTS, for a 4th-round pick.

Hmm...all the receivers the Pats picked up in the offseason, and now Moss.

Seems Brady must REALLY want some dependable weapons to throw to after last season, huh???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

BREAKING NEWS!!!

It's being reported RANDY MOSS (in a move that'll surprise no one) is being traded to, of all teams, the PATRIOTS, for a 4th-round pick.

Seems Brady must REALLY want some dependable weapons to throw to after last season, huh???

Now this is suprising. Moss is going to New England. I did not see that coming. WOW! And only for a 4th rounder.

saBS.png

Let's see here...

Randy Moss...Mike Williams.

Mike Williams...Randy Moss.

Hmm...

Yo--MR. PORTER!!! YOU READY TO BE A #1 RECEIVER OUT THERE?!

(As an aside, though I know Moss was/is disgruntled as hell in Oakland, wouldn't it have been something to see JaMarcus Russell throwing balls up there--and DOWN THERE--and letting Randy "just go get it", just like Randall Cunningham used to do with him? Hmm...well let's see how this pans out.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

LA just got their team back!!!!!!!

Yeah I just saw that. That was G-G-GR-GREAT!!!

He just corrected himself too...and the Raiders just took Michael Bush from Louisville.

Wow...did I just hear a sigh from LaMont Jordan??? (Not to mention Dominic Rhodes...)

I'll tell you one other thing: the Patriots must have REALLY gotten stung by losing to the Colts, with all the moved they've made. And, as much as I can't stand they behinds, they sho' is starting to look like a scary frontrunner for early SB42 champs.

Now I'll just have to pray that DOESN'T happen...

(Oh, what does it matter? I already know Tampa has no shot in hell this year...)

San Francisco, Cleveland, Carolina, Minnesota, Buffalo were all big winners.

Miami, Tennessee, Green Bay, Baltimore, Seattle are all losers.

Best available on Day 2:

Tanard Jackson

Ben Patrick

Antonio Pittman

Josh Beekman

Aundrae Allison

Brandon Siler

Troy Smith

Mason Crosby

Brian Robison

Fred Bennett

Zak DeOssie

How is Seattle a loser after Day 1 when they only had two picks? Josh Wilson could make a decent punt returner and play a little Nickel while Brandon Mebane might play himself into the defensive line.

As for the best players so far:

-Brian Robison goes to Minnesota at 102

-Tanard Jackson goes to Tampa Bay at 106

-Antonio Pittman goes to New Orleans at 108

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Yup, character is no longer a priority for New England.

Yeah, they are loading up, almost like the Yankees after 2004.

I'm not sure if ESPN will be on much in my household during this year's NFL season.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm a very casual fan of football, and I don't know much about college players (except the ones that are media darlings). I'm saying this as a dolphin fan. I'm impressed that they got Ted Ginn. That's a plus. I think he can complement Chris Chambers as a long ball threat. (Yes, I am a Chris Chambers fan, along with Wes Welker who's now with the Pats. :cry:)

Who's John Beck? Is he any good? And why didn't they draft Troy Smith in that spot. Apparently I'm overrating Smith a bit, but he's an incredible talent. Personally I think the QB situation isn't very strong in Miami. Given the choice between Culpepper and Harrington, I'd choose Harrington. Unless Beck is Marino reincarnated, I will wonder "what the hell?!"

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Who's John Beck? Is he any good? And why didn't they draft Troy Smith in that spot. Apparently I'm overrating Smith a bit, but he's an incredible talent. Personally I think the QB situation isn't very strong in Miami. Given the choice between Culpepper and Harrington, I'd choose Harrington. Unless Beck is Marino reincarnated, I will wonder "what the hell?!"

Beck is interesting to me, I've always been impressed by what he's done at BYU getting that team back to respectability, and being able to pull through in the clutch. The concern for me is his age, he went on a Mormon mission, so he's already 26. On one hand, he might have a better head on his shoulders that would help him make the transition to the NFL, but on the other hand because of his age he may prove to be another Chris Weinke.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

The Patriots have just won the friggen Super Bowl damn you Al Davis, do everyone a favor sell the Raiders, you ineptitude is now hurting the entire league and not just your team.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This is a little late, but the Bears got Garrett Wolfe yesterday. He should be a good backup to Benson. He is small, but he was the nation's leading rusher last year. For everyone that says he wouldn't have all those yards if he played in a good conference, he had 250 yards rushing and receiving against Ohio State. He should be a solid player for the Bears.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Yup, character is no longer a priority for New England.

Yeah, they are loading up, almost like the Yankees after 2004.

I'm not sure if ESPN will be on much in my household during this year's NFL season.

A couple things...

1.) Loading up like the Yankees? Yeah, except we're still under the salary cap.

2.) Belichick discussed this deal heavily with team leaders (Bruschi, Brown, Brady et all) and found a resounding yes from all of them. It's also been played down heavily, but Belichick is going a 1 strike and get the :censored: out mentality. This move is nearly the same move they used to get Dillon a few years ago. Turned out pretty well then didn't it? Go ahead and use well he was playing for a lousy team and that's why he was upset.. but don't forget Moss was on the god damn Raiders. The Patriots have far too many veteren leadership type guys to let a Randy Moss type get the locker room down and Belichick knows this. Moss will, and I repeat WILL be a different player. On and off the field. He knows coming to New England could ressurect his career, and this is probably his last chance. Perfect fit.

Having grown up in Massachusetts, I have to give the Patriots organization it's "props". Belichick and Pioli know how to get the very best out of players... even those considered malcontents prior to arriving in Foxboro.

Bottom line? Based on track-record, I have to believe that this deal will work out better for the Pats than the trade my Seahawks swung yesterday afternoon. God! What were the 'Hawks thinking trading D-Jack to a divisional rival?

B)-->

QUOTE(Billy B @ Sunday, April 29th, 2007 - 14:26:23)

The Ravens picked up Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith in the 5th Round.

Danny Wuerffel thinks that was a great pick.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived