Updated Tampa Bay Rays Concept

therocheapproach

Some may remember this winning design from the "Ray of Hope" contest about a year ago. My submission to that contest had a Navy and Lime Green color scheme. Since the Blue, Light Blue and Yellow scheme seems to be the one the Rays are going with, I decided to update my work.

I did change the Primary logo a bit. I added more action to the breaking wave behind the "Rays" script to make it more obvious. I also added a yellow stroke to represent the sunlight breaking out over the wave.

TBLogos.jpg

The uniforms haven't changed much besides the colors. I did go with a shoulder piping on the home and alternate jersey just to have a slight uniqueness to the uniform.

TBMainJerseys.jpg

Fantastic. One of my favorite concepts.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Some may remember this winning design from the "Ray of Hope" contest about a year ago. My submission to that contest had a Navy and Lime Green color scheme. Since the Blue, Light Blue and Yellow scheme seems to be the one the Rays are going with, I decided to update my work.

I did change the Primary logo a bit. I added more action to the breaking wave behind the "Rays" script to make it more obvious. I also added a yellow stroke to represent the sunlight breaking out over the wave.

TBLogos.jpg

The uniforms haven't changed much besides the colors. I did go with a shoulder piping on the home and alternate jersey just to have a slight uniqueness to the uniform.

TBMainJerseys.jpg

If you 1).remove the blue stripe from the top sleeve 2).make the interlocking TB yellow with lt.blue drop

shadow,that would've been absolute perfection!!!! (bow)

This concept seems good enough for me IMO though.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

Beautiful. I might be curious to see what the home uni would look without the tail thing because 'Rays' might end up being hard to see from a distance. Everything else is magnificent though. Congrats.

Beautiful...absolutely beautiful.

I guess this answers the question I had about how to make a baseball concept "pop" (I just recently attempted a Rockies concept...it's in this board somewhere). I love the colors you used, and that logo is nothing short of amazing. (Logo design ain't my forte, but one of these days Imma learnto get good at it!)

I see no reason why the TB organization couldn't go with something like this. It'd definitely be unique, that's for sure. Plus, they keep the creature (PC people...as if this dead horse ain't been beat upon enough...IT'S AN EXISTING MARINE MAMMAL!!!), which, by the way, I happen to like.

(Off-topic: somewhere I remember reading the Rays have a fishtank at their stadium with a couple devil rays swimming around in it...any truth to that? That'd be something cool to see!)

In any event, A+ work here, my friend.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Beautiful...absolutely beautiful.

I guess this answers the question I had about how to make a baseball concept "pop" (I just recently attempted a Rockies concept...it's in this board somewhere). I love the colors you used, and that logo is nothing short of amazing. (Logo design ain't my forte, but one of these days Imma learnto get good at it!)

I see no reason why the TB organization couldn't go with something like this. It'd definitely be unique, that's for sure. Plus, they keep the creature (PC people...as if this dead horse ain't been beat upon enough...IT'S AN EXISTING MARINE MAMMAL!!!), which, by the way, I happen to like.

(Off-topic: somewhere I remember reading the Rays have a fishtank at their stadium with a couple devil rays swimming around in it...any truth to that? That'd be something cool to see!)

In any event, A+ work here, my friend.

Actually there's no such thing as a Devil Ray. It's actually Manta Rays. They just changed it for the nickname for the "fear" factor, I guess.

Actually there's no such thing as a Devil Ray. It's actually Manta Rays. They just changed it for the nickname for the "fear" factor, I guess.

Not true, any member of the genus Mobula is a devil ray, see the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobula

The manta ray is actually in it's own part of the family, of the genus Manta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manta_%28genus%29

Here is a pic of a devil ray:

mobula7b.jpg

You see some OK concepts here.

There are some that are good.

Some that are very good, some that are great, but a few that are absolutely exceptional.

This is definitely exceptional.

I'd possibly make the lighter blue a slightly lighter shade, but outside of that I can't think of a thing I'd change. Gorgeous.

- I like the color choices, but i think you could use the yellow a little more prominently on the uniforms. the yellow really makes the logos pop when standing alone, but on the uniform, it all blends in.

- I just cant get into the "TB" logo. it's too "out there" for MLB. MLB hats are more traditional in nature.

- The road grays NEED piping. With the dark blue on the gray background, it screams "BLEH".

A few minor tweaks needed, but overall I do like this concept. Definitely the best i've seen so far....

SigReflect.png

This is great. It could be improved by more yellow, the shades of blue are close and yellow would make it pop more. I think a lighter shade of blue would work better. A lighter shade of blue would look better. This concept is great. The logo is fantastic.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Not true, any member of the genus Mobula is a devil ray, see the link below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobula

The manta ray is actually in it's own part of the family, of the genus Manta

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manta_%28genus%29

Here is a pic of a devil ray:

mobula7b.jpg

Okay wait...these things can jump out of water??? Hope that giant tank at the Trop has a lid on it then...or else it's gon be a lot of scarified people around them parts! :D (Ask anyone who's worked in a seafood market what can happen when you put a fish you couda swore was all the way dead on the counter, the customer looks at it...and then the thing jumps like 4 or 5 feet off the counter. True story...because I was the one who put the fish up there. :D )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The latest semi-sourced rumors I heard have the Rays considering light (royal) blue and yellow. So I'd love to see this concept reworked in those colors, rather than the darkish fish-skin blue that's dominant in this iteration.

Still, that TB logo remains one of the best combined-letter logos ever.

20082614447.png

Okay wait...these things can jump out of water??? Hope that giant tank at the Trop has a lid on it then...or else it's gon be a lot of scarified people around them parts! :D (Ask anyone who's worked in a seafood market what can happen when you put a fish you couda swore was all the way dead on the counter, the customer looks at it...and then the thing jumps like 4 or 5 feet off the counter. True story...because I was the one who put the fish up there. :D )

The rays in the outfield tank are a completely different species of ray, they're actually stingrays. I also think for these devil rays to leap out of the water, they need a vast depth of water to do so, the tank at the Trop is no more than 3 feet deep.

I love everything except for the cap logo. It just bothers me for some odd reason and i cant put my finger on why. maybe if you had a cap logo similar to the current cap logo but in the same font your using now.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I like it but have a few minor issues:

The cap font and other fonts look very different and its throwing it off. Maybe go with a more unique main font. T tends to look like an F.

The colors seem relatively dark. I think if you highlighted the lighter blue it would make the concept pop. Too many teams use Navy these days.

Good work otherwise.

Archived