Green Bay Packers Alternate Logo

illwauk

This was born out of my attempt to modernize the Packers "heisman" logo from the Lombardi era. But while I don't think it's impossible, I think that task is a little out of my talent range. So then I tried to do something in the same vein by more original. Then I found out how limiting the Packers identity package is.

Anyway, I ended up with this which I think is meh at best, but at least the Packers would have somethin' to use something other than the G.

pack_alt2.png

This was born out of my attempt to modernize the Packers "heisman" logo from the Lombardi era. But while I don't think it's impossible, I think that task is a little out of my talent range. So then I tried to do something in the same vein by more original. Then I found out how limiting the Packers identity package is.

Anyway, I ended up with this which I think is meh at best, but at least the Packers would have somethin' to use something other than the G.

pack_alt2.png

It's growing on me. I like how all the elements are derived from actual pieces of their identity from now and/or the past. A minor thing, though - while the P fits into the state pretty well, it is right of center on the ball. Is there any chance it could be scooted over?

LT

NFL footballs don't have white stripes like college one's do.

IF you lost the stripes, you could make the state a little larger, maybe a little more subtle (use a slightly different shage of green) and then make the P yellow.

OR

IF you are bent on keeping the stripes, maybe make the state larger so the P could be centered. Make the state hide behind the stripes, so the state looks like part of the leather. Then center the P, and put a little star where Green Bay actually is (like how the Angels old logo had a star on LA.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good ideas so far.

1 - The Packer logo on which this is based (meaning the state) had stars representing Green Bay and Milwaukee.

2 - It also had stripes on the ball (I think).

How about leaning the ball from upper left to lower right, as if it were on a kicking tee? This might make the state fit the ball a little better.

How about the old "GB" that the Lombardi staff had on their baseball hats?

It's where I sit.

Good ideas so far.

1 - The Packer logo on which this is based (meaning the state) had stars representing Green Bay and Milwaukee.

2 - It also had stripes on the ball (I think).

How about leaning the ball from upper left to lower right, as if it were on a kicking tee? This might make the state fit the ball a little better.

How about the old "GB" that the Lombardi staff had on their baseball hats?

I acutally did something like that awhile ago and thought it turned out surprisingly well.

lombardi_gb.png

And you're right, the orignal ball... although technically inaccurate... had stipes on it. There were also dots (but not stars) marking Green Bay and Milwaukee on the original. I decided to not include them because the purpose for that back then was to mark the two cities they played home games in. But now, they only play in Green Bay which I didn't mark because I thought it would contradict the idea of showing that the Packers are a "Wisconsin" team.

This is some good C&C from everyone though... I'll see what I can come up with when I get home.

IF you lost the stripes, you could make the state a little larger, maybe a little more subtle (use a slightly different shage of green) and then make the P yellow.

"P" already is yellow. For most people, anyway. (bow)

CCSLC signature.png

"P" already is yellow. For most people, anyway. (bow)

6 or 7 years ago I had some kind of kidney infection, and mine was brown. Enjoy that visual!

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the stripes on the football. They are retro to me, like the Packers with their long history.

The one suggestion that I would have would be to try to rotate the football counter-clockwise so it was angled to match the slanted shape of the state and see if you like that. It could be a little more dynamic that way. Sort of implies a ball in flight.

something like this...

pack_alt2.png

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Not much to explain here. Just tweaked the logo according to the C&C I've received for the original concept which I can't thank everyone for enough snce now I have somethng I feel like I can be proud of.

packers_alt_sm.png

That'd be cool on a t-shirt I think.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Really nice work, and nice integration of some of the C&C.

For what it's worth, the top left one is the best of the lot - more green/gold, with a minimum of white.

I know someone mentioned how the white stripes don't belong on an NFL football, but they look just fine. If you really wanted to do something about that, you could probably put in a faint line (white? gold?) tracing the seam of the football, and offset some white laces on either side of the Wisconsin outline. Personally, I wouldn't do anything but call this done, step back and let this be admired. Well done.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Really nice work, and nice integration of some of the C&C.

For what it's worth, the top left one is the best of the lot - more green/gold, with a minimum of white.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything but call this done, step back and let this be admired. Well done.

Agreed, agreed, and agreed. This is VERY nice. And, if it got complements from a Bears fan, it's gotta be good :D

It's where I sit.

Personally, I wouldn't do anything but call this done, step back and let this be admired. Well done.

Will do...

(bow)

But seriously... big up to everyone who contributed. And big thanks to everyone who gave props.

Not much to explain here. Just tweaked the logo according to the C&C I've received for the original concept which I can't thank everyone for enough snce now I have somethng I feel like I can be proud of.

packers_alt_sm.png

I have a suggestion ... actually its more of a request. can I see what the top-left and top-right ones would look like with a white outline around the state. I think that would flatten it out in a good way... so it looks more like a complete logo and less like a stack of football-state-P. i could be way off but i'd love to see what they look like.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived