Small hint of whats to come for the caps?

jtlrip8

That looks like the fabric used on authentic NFL jerseys.

Well, the Caps probably would be a better football team than the Redskins ...

This looks to me like a screen cap from a computer animated video presentation.

20082614447.png

I also would guess that it means the blue will be navy...which I prefer actually since I do think it goes better with red than other shades. Remember, the flag is not royal blue itself...

I think of royal blue as being pretty light for flag use, but in my experience older flags used to use a brighter blue than currently. Since 1981, for official flags, the government has specified Pantone 281, which is pretty dark. But the flag from my grandfather's casket in 1976 (which has not been exposed to the sun) has a much brighter medium blue union, as do the flags in photos from the Apollo landings. Aaargh! Even the American flag is shifting from true navy to Yankees midnight blue! :P (I wonder, do the Nationals officially designate a shade of blue that's darker or lighter than Pantone 281 -- or neither darker nor lighter?)

But in this case I think a medium blue would work best. I'm hoping that the darker shades of both red and blue in the graphic are indicative of the new colors. That would keep the blue similar to the current Caps blue, with a complementary shade of deepish red. Which would be in line with my one source's alleged prototype uniform sighting, for what it's worth, though a subsequent conversation with this source makes me suspect that these may have been discarded comps rather than final designs.

20082614447.png

It's a bit disappointing to see the navy blue instead of royal... i really love seeing red, white and royal blue on ice, it really pops... but i guess the Canadians do have that scheme, so maybe I'll make this exception... at least this isnt the MLB.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

i got my passes to the unveiling, im excited to see the boys in the new unis.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I also would guess that it means the blue will be navy...which I prefer actually since I do think it goes better with red than other shades. Remember, the flag is not royal blue itself...

The flag isn't royal blue, but it is closer to a dark royal than navy. It certainly isn't navy.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

So the jersey is gonna be red. This smacks of trendiness to me, since red is the new black. Since it is a return of sorts to an old style, though, I'll keep optimistic. I did love the All-star jerseys, so if these are anything like them they should look sharp. I still miss the 90's blue sweater though....*sigh*

I wonder, do the Nationals officially designate a shade of blue that's darker or lighter than Pantone 281 -- or neither darker nor lighter?

The Nationals use a shade that is a little darker.

Because I found out in a manner that is completely legal and open for everyone AND it would have been my guess anyways...

The Nats use Pantone 282, which in my small experience of official team colors is right up there with 289 as the most common navy blues.

I wonder, do the Nationals officially designate a shade of blue that's darker or lighter than Pantone 281 -- or neither darker nor lighter?

The Nationals use a shade that is a little darker.

Because I found out in a manner that is completely legal and open for everyone AND it would have been my guess anyways...

The Nats use Pantone 282, which in my small experience of official team colors is right up there with 289 as the most common navy blues.

Interesting. Given the lower magenta content of 289, it would actually seem to me to be a better shade for the Nationals -- slightly higher contrast with their shade of red. (Which I'm guessing is one of two very common MLB Pantone colors, both of which have 100 percent magenta content in four-color process.) Still, it's interesting that the Nats use a shade so close to the "official" color of the flag. Shame the Nats caps use a blue so much darker than what you usually see on flags, though.

20082614447.png

Archived