New U Colorado football jerseys

SPORTSDOCTOR

MEDIA ADVISORY

What: Unveiling of New Colorado Football Uniforms

When: Saturday, June 2, 2007

Where: Folsom Field, Boulder

Time: 1:30 p.m.

The University of Colorado will have a brief presentation, featuring head coach Dan Hawkins and several past and current players, at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in Folsom Field to introduce and unveil the Buffaloes new football uniforms for the 2007 season. KOA-Radio?s Mark Johnson will emcee the event.

The new uniforms are a revolutionary new design by NIKE, made exclusively for the Buffaloes.

The public is invited to attend, with seating in section 118 to view the north BuffVision board which will feature historical video presentations before the new uniforms are donned by members of the current Buffalo team. The UMC bookstore will be on hand to sell official jerseys and they will also be available for sale on CUBuffs.com.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*sniff sniff*

Anyone else smell that?

Smells like... piping.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

There, I've fixed the title into something that makes sense in the English language, and is actually descriptive.

You're welcome.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I hope Nike doesn't screw up the jersey's with piping everywhere.

A little history of the CU uniform over the years....CU Uniform History

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

The new uniforms are a revolutionary new design by NIKE, made exclusively for the Buffaloes.

Whenever i hear the words revolutionary and Nike in the same sentience,it's usually not good.

When I hear revolutionary and Nike in the same sentence the words overdone and pointless somehow find their way into my response.

Hopefully I'm wrong this time considering what I saw with the Michigan State jerseys.

Whenever i hear the words revolutionary and Nike in the same sentience,it's usually not good.

I thought the same exact thing when I read that sentence.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

It's time for a new look for CU. I wouldn't mind if black was replaced with blue again, as it was briefly in the '80s (silver and gold are the official school colors), but there isn't much chance of that happening. I just hope that Nike doesn't come up with something too embarrassing. undecided.gif

Terrible uniforms to match their terrible play. I understand that silver and gold are their official colors, but the uniforms looked great without silver, and in the past, have looked good with somewhat small amounts of silver... but here, there's way too much here. Eww.

edit: Eh, after seeing the whole uniform they're actually not that bad. My beef is with the silver numbers on the black.

IUe6Hvh.png

I changed my mind again. The jerseys are alright, minus the silver numbers on the black... but from the side, which you can't see in the picture with the players, those pants are absolutely terrible.

IUe6Hvh.png

The new uniforms could've been worse, but I don't like that this was a change just for the sake of change. I believe CU had just updated their uniforms in 2005, when they simply upgraded their existing uniforms with a tighter fit and new materials. I really liked that last set; they were simple, classy, and easily identifiable with CU. Now a third of the Big 12 conference is in on the piping fad (and K-State may very well add to that group), but I don't think the look works as well for Colorado as it does for Missouri, Oklahoma State, and Texas Tech.

Archived