New U Colorado football jerseys

SPORTSDOCTOR

I've always been partial to these unis, I think they did a really good job of mixing in the silver in a very minimal yet effective way.

ksu.jpg

dwcherrington.jpg

Absolutely the best. It's all about the pinline numbers. I was seriously considering buying the gold fashion alt of this style when it was out, and I don't even give a fig about Colorado football.

I've got a black authentic here somewhere

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just thankful there's no white pants anymore with this set on the Buffs.

White on white, while hailed as some sort of minimalist epiphany here, is usually boring beyond measure.

Yes, I'm talking to you Michigan State.

IMO, these are beautiful.

9 outta 10

Very nice, the best of any recent Nike Creation [hands down].

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I've gotta say upgrade here.

1. They succesfully incorporated both school colors, silver and gold. I don't know that black is going anywhere, as it has become ingrained in the public conscience as being associated with CU, or at least their athletic department. At this point, a switch to navy would be a lateral move, as neither one is an official school color.

The thing about college sports and uniforms that many people fail to grasp is that the colors may be ugly to some, and the combinations are often horrid. But those colors are beautiful to anyone who went to that school. Find a VT alum who doesn't get misty-eyed for Chicago maroon and burnt orange, and it'll be a miracle. "Carolina blue", "crimson and cream", "Volunteer orange" are all phrases that resonate within the collective psyches of the people who love these schools. Schools don't wear their colors to satisfy some marketing focus group; they're the result of decades, even centuries, of tradition. They can't be changed to whatever's trendy. Remember that

2. I'm ambivalent about the italicized numbers. But for better or for worse, this has become the de facto "Colorado" font, and they stuck with it. Considering it was only in the past couple seasons that the basketball team gave up a stylish font that was uniquely theirs to adopt the football team's style in an attempt to unify the athletic teams with one style, this was another wise move. If only other schools could do the same... (yes, I do mean putting City Bold on Carolina's football jerseys. :D )

3. The piping isn't the worst thing Nike's ever done. Some of the atrocities being committed on Oregon's uniforms - diamond plating, wordmarks running down the legs, numbers that looked like they were cut out by a 6-year old... now THAT'S atrocious.

My question is this: why has Nike reversed the usual placement of fabrics? I know this started with the Michigan redesign a few years ago, but the majority of the body is NOT the usual mesh, and the only places that have mesh in the jersey are around the upper chest and shoulder pads. Is there a reason they started doing this, like better fabrics? Or is this just Nike taking a dump on tradition and common sense in the name of being unique?

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

So Nike redesigned a team's uniforms using gold AND silver and it's actually good?

Can we say BIZARRO!?!?

I've always thought the gold and silver that Nike did for Army looked good.

BSPJKSCPKCECACQ.20061001220601.jpg

I deffinitely have to agree. I watched an Army game this passed season, and I couldn't stop looking at the jerseys.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The thing about college sports and uniforms that many people fail to grasp is that the colors may be ugly to some, and the combinations are often horrid. But those colors are beautiful to anyone who went to that school. Find a VT alum who doesn't get misty-eyed for Chicago maroon and burnt orange, and it'll be a miracle. "Carolina blue", "crimson and cream", "Volunteer orange" are all phrases that resonate within the collective psyches of the people who love these schools. Schools don't wear their colors to satisfy some marketing focus group; they're the result of decades, even centuries, of tradition. They can't be changed to whatever's trendy. Remember that

tell that to Pitt and BYU ;)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

At BYU, fans are just happy to be moved from the Nike Experiments Group to the Nike Traditional Group. Sure the blue's darker, but at least the old look is back.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Or even UNC and Oklahoma. Effin' Nike and their black baseball uniforms.

I like Colorado's new uniforms. A little gold piping goes a long way on an all-black jersey.

So Nike redesigned a team's uniforms using gold AND silver and it's actually good?

Can we say BIZARRO!?!?

I've always thought the gold and silver that Nike did for Army looked good.

BSPJKSCPKCECACQ.20061001220601.jpg

Didn't know about that. Not bad at all. I had an idea of doing a concept for my old high school's football team where I put plain gold humbers on a purple jersey. But I always wondered if plain gold numbers would work in real life. This shows me they can.

The white and gold side panels on the pants bug the hell out of me. There is no good reason for CU to have pants that are anything other than all gold and all black IMO. Sorry, I'm just not a fan. Keep 'em simple and you've got a winner.

Archived