Vancouver Canucks Concept

js °

John, another amazing concept- someone from the Canucks front office staff has to see this concept - this should be the new Canucks gear for sure. I too think the wordmark and uniforms need a bit of work yet. I have a book about airplane paint schemes - I'll scan some pages and post them for you to get some inspiration.

OD_Signature.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great concept, John.

Nicely thought out, and typically well-rendered. I really like the 'V' and the rink logo in the lens.

The goggles might look more consistent if you changed the darker gray edge of the left lens to green.

Funny coincidence, it's a different style but a similar look to the logo of a Vancouver design firm, Barnstorm Creative.

Barnstorm.gif

http://www.barnstormcreative.com/

Funny coincidence, it's a different style but a similar look to the logo of a Vancouver design firm, Barnstorm Creative.

Barnstorm.gif

vancouver_id_02.jpg

That definitely is pretty weird ... i'd never seen this before ( I put them up to view side by side ). Its clearly the exact same concept gone through a different set of eyes and hands. The even weirder part is that these guys do some quality sports branding.

Looking at the larger graphics, I'm a little unsold about the side stripes curving into the bottom - makes it a bit too much like a bib.

vancouver_uni_02.jpg

I thought about the bibness too ... and I was going for the Rocketeer look ... I felt like if I went any further with stylizing it, it becomes tacky

250px-Rocketeer_Adventure_Magazine_1.jpg

I'd love to see what else you're doing with the logo. Like how you did with the sabres and had more than 1 logo to show us all (which were all great).

Good stuff, no whale (THANK GOD) the stink'n'rink is still there, i'd buy those jerseys in a heart beat.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

John, another amazing concept- someone from the Canucks front office staff has to see this concept - this should be the new Canucks gear for sure.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. This is way to good to go unused by the Canucks. Great job. This is easily the best logo concept for a proffesional team that I've seen. Amazing

:jawdrop:

This is definitely one of the best Canucks concepts I've seen so far. Your logo design, bringing back Johnny Canuck, would finally give the 'Nucks something that's more relevant to the team name. My favourite part has to be how his collar forms a 'V' for Vancouver. The jersey striping works well too.

As for the third jersey, maybe you could incorporate the fan favourite 'rink and stick' logo, or even the old Johnny Canuck logo.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

FINALLY A REAL CANUCKS CONCEPT!!!!!!! This is what I have been waiting for. It is simply amazing and should definitely be considered by the team. It could relate to kids because it is a superhero and it can relate to war veterans and pretty much all canadians. Also the history of the canucks organization being incorperated into it is also genius!! I would nominate that for a most origanal concept on CCSLC ever!!!

A job well done!!! :notworthy:

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

That definitely is pretty weird ... i'd never seen this before ( I put them up to view side by side ). Its clearly the exact same concept gone through a different set of eyes and hands. The even weirder part is that these guys do some quality sports branding.

Much of Barnstorm Creative Group's initial work on behalf of pro sports clients was done for Roller Hockey International franchises. Ron Fielder, the founding president of Barnstorm Creative, was responsible for the logos of the Vancouver VooDoo, Orlando Jackals and Denver Daredevils.

The company also designed sports-related logos for Wayne Gretzky's Roller Hockey Centers, the Unlimited Hydroplane Racing Association and the Coaches Association of British Columbia.

As for the absolutely brilliant Vancouver Canucks identity package that you're creating John, I'm wondering if the strap hanging from the righ side of the aviator cap and goggles could use just a hint of a buckle? That question aside, this package would be an outstanding direction for the Canucks to actually take their branding in. Marvelous!

I'm already on record as loving this concept, and this revision makes it even better. I still think the colours could be brightened a bit, especially the blue. However, it bears repeating that these will almost certainly be better than the real thing.

This is definitely one of the best Canucks concepts I've seen so far. Your logo design, bringing back Johnny Canuck, would finally give the 'Nucks something that's more relevant to the team name. My favourite part has to be how his collar forms a 'V' for Vancouver. The jersey striping works well too.

As for the third jersey, maybe you could incorporate the fan favourite 'rink and stick' logo, or even the old Johnny Canuck logo.

he does have the stick in rink logo incorporated in the goggles. which is pretty clever.

JS, quick Q for you. How is it you don't have a job designing logos/uniforms to professional teams? Teams shell out loads of money on focus groups, think tanks, surveys, design agencies just to turn up subpar to grotesque new uniform/logo designs. Yet the work you do is light years ahead of most of the stuff so called professional design agencies create to rebrand most teams. You easily could rebrand the NHL and make it the nicest looking league. You wouldn't need a focus group as the fans are the focus group. if the fans like it then it gets adopted, if the fans hate it, then its back to the drawing board. You at least would get more accurate feedback than what teams get when they go through focus groups of random select people who probably don't know a puck from a Little Debbies cake snack.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Barnstorm.gif

vancouver_id_02.jpg

I would say this an A- only because the eye socket shadow seems to be too large. I would work on that area of the face or maybe even had the googles on versus on the forehead... something about the check-eye socket area that hampers me from being completely WOWED!

I do however think this is a huge leap, in a good way, from what they currently use. I do like the bib look/rocket look to the uniform it has a WWII uniform feel in that super hero way.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

Man ... thanks so much guys for all the compliments. I also got the uniforms in slightly larger sizes here ... let me know what you think:

vancouver_uni_02.jpg

oh yeah, also ... I'm planning a secondary logo of Johnny's profile facing right inside of a C (which will actually be the same RCAF emblem with the facing cutting off the right side to form the C).

I don't think you need the profile - the RCAF emblem shaped to form a C sounds great on its own.

Yeah I actually had that originally, but when executed ... it resembled both the Cubs C ... and the old Colorado Rockies C a bit too much. It felt like it didn't belong, because the concept has a home elsewhere. I could be wrong and it might work, that was just my opinion.

Is it possible you can post a pic of the logo you have on the shoulders? I cannot make out what it is and I am curious to see what it could be.

Great looking stuff man.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived