Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

the font and the colors are beyond terrible

WHY go away from the red and yellow? it was unique and said 'atlanta hawks' the navy just says 'grizzlies mavericks jazz cavs alternate, bobcats alternate, nuggets alternate, warriors, pacers'

The Bobcats' alternate isn't navy.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the font and the colors are beyond terrible

WHY go away from the red and yellow? it was unique and said 'atlanta hawks' the navy just says 'grizzlies mavericks jazz cavs alternate, bobcats alternate, nuggets alternate, warriors, pacers'

The Bobcats' alternate isn't navy.

Yes it is. Kinda a lighter, "custom" shade, but it's still, basically, Navy.

I'd probably like them if they didn't have the random color panels, piping that didn't match up, and that godawful beveled font. I might like the font without the bevel, but with it's freaking horrible.

Although I agree with the bevel (ruined the font, IMO.), I like the piping. The only reason it doesn't match is because whoever designed the uniforms didn't design it for humans, instead for mannequins :cursing:

That being said, I'm definitely getting a road jersey. Too sharp for me not to get one.

I think they should've kept the yellow and just replaced navy for black. Too many teams in the NBA have some kind of blue/red or orange combo in the NBA.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I think they should've kept the yellow and just replaced navy for black. Too many teams in the NBA have some kind of blue/red or orange combo in the NBA.

or any other pro sports league in exsistance

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

• 6 months later...

Hate to bump old topics, but... these jerseys have really grown on me, for some reason. Maybe it's because they made the playoffs, and are giving Boston a run for their money. I initially hated the change, but you get used to it.

Besides, this look will be gone in 4 - 8 years anyways. That's a given. NBA teams change their look all the FREAKING time, compared to the NFL.

Hate to bump old topics, but... these jerseys have really grown on me, for some reason. Maybe it's because they made the playoffs, and are giving Boston a run for their money. I initially hated the change, but you get used to it.

Besides, this look will be gone in 4 - 8 years anyways. That's a given. NBA teams change their look all the FREAKING time, compared to the NFL.

Well, every league has their teams who never change their kit. I do like that the NBA is open to change, but I really wish they wouldn't push the red and blue. There are a lot more colors out there.

But I agree, their new jerseys are nice. The "wing" pattern on the side is better than a lot of the cookie-cutter jersey designs out there. The beveled lettering is getting kind of old, though.

Archived