Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

Isn''t there some rule floating around out there somewhere in the NBA clouds that pretty much banned any more new black jerseys or 3rd jerseys because it was getting to be too many of them?

So, if that's the case...how long until the NBA adopts a similar rule for NAVY??? (And while we're at it, can we all collectively slap the next GM/owner/focus group leader who tries to come up with a new uniform based on navy...in ANY SPORT???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cubs, fans either hate or love the yellow. I for one hated the yellow. It made us look like the whole tea was working at a fast food joint or spilled on the condiments on their jerseys from the concession stand. I like bringing in the navy and silver and taking out yellow. To me yellow doesn't say Atl at all.

Well, the ATL fans are who count, so if that's how you feel and that's what you want, that's what you should get.

It's not just Atlanta, but the loss of yellow in general across sports, whether it's replaced by "gold" or something else, is unfortunate.

And bucco, I think it's already time for that no-new-navy rule. But then they'd probably just lift the other one.

I did a comparison of the 2. Made my own fantasy alt.

hawks2.pnghawks-1.png

Hm.

Looking at it side to side...aside from the fact that they had to recolor the logo (since $500,000 is a lotta cash), this is a minor upgrade. Just wish they made the primary away jersey red.

That font is a definite downgrade. I was surprised when I saw these things. The first I saw was the actual photo of Josh Smith and someone else wearing them, and it was on another board. It is still surprising.

And as much as I've wanted to see a decrease in the amount of red jerseys, I for one am sad to see it leave the Hawks. But that fantasy alternate is actually very likely to be what the alternate looks like if and when they get one.

I did this one, just because it would be funny to see the old, crappy '90s unis in the new colors:

AtlantaHawks_PropAltUnis03.gif

Where are you keeping all these jersey templates, PANTONE? You seem to have all of em, yet they never make it up onto Creamer's logo site. Discuss.

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

Where are you keeping all these jersey templates, PANTONE? You seem to have all of em, yet they never make it up onto Creamer's logo site. Discuss.

They're not templates...they're .GIFs made from official vector files.

My mistake. But does the C-man have them himself? Or is he just as out of the loop as we are?

My mistake. But does the C-man have them himself? Or is he just as out of the loop as we are?

Just want to make this clear...I'm hoping to have all of this stuff up on the SSUR, provided I can get the proper permission from the NBA.

Just want to make this clear...I'm hoping to have all of this stuff up on the SSUR, provided I can get the proper permission from the NBA.

I really hope that doesn't require too much of an effort.

I have been asking some people, as far as I know, any pictures aren't allowed.

But, the NBA isn't too worried about small raster images.

I have a bunch of stuff myself that I was gonna put on my site, of course nothing compared to Pantone, but hey, something is better than nothing....

I did a comparison of the 2. Made my own fantasy alt.

hawks2.pnghawks-1.png

Hm.

Looking at it side to side...aside from the fact that they had to recolor the logo (since $500,000 is a lotta cash), this is a minor upgrade. Just wish they made the primary away jersey red.

I wish they made the current secondary the actual primary.

If they were going to make the secondary logo the primary it would have cost $500,000. They just recolored the primary to save the cost. Most merchandise, display graphics, and the court will probably use the secondary logo anyway.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived