Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

Meh.

Ever since the Rockets relinquished their co-ownership of red and gold in the NBA, the Hawks could've had the ketchup & mustard look to themselves. Instead, they went to red/navy/silver. Why not stand out and go red/gold?

I like the overall concept, but I am not sold on the execution. Like the wordmark font, but I hate how the letters and numbers have obnoxious accent lines running through them as a sort of beveling. It's overdone to the point of being a distraction. And why such plain player names with a unique and fancy wordmark?

I'm also not sold on the back of the neck cleavage created by the white space at the collar. You want to follow the herd and slap a logo on the back of your jersey? Whatever. But compounding that awkward trend is now having to make a dedicated contrast color panel. What is to be gained by drawing attention to the back of a guy's neck? I just don't see the reason behind it, and why do something without reason?

'Sawright, but it could've been so much better.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess the Brooklyn plan is off, since the Nets just moved to Atlanta.

Oh wait . . . those are for the Hawks?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

I like how they tried something new with the jerseys.

It's totally unique, they had to have had a lot of guts to try it.

Being the first uniform of that style, what'd you expect? I think in the future we will see some pretty cool concepts....

Ok, there was no reason to change, and I think this is a lateral move really. I thought they had great jerseys before, and these are just as good in my opinion.

My only problem is the primary logo. I think it's obvious that the alt logo is going to be the more widely used of the 2, which it should be. So why have the "bird holding the ball" as the primary if it isnt used anywhere?

SigReflect.png

Well a lot of teams rarely use the main logo.

Infact the main logo is just to signify the team, rarely is it used on merchandise.

I don't think a single team uses the main logo in it's uniforms (i'll have to check).

As far as I remember, Knicks are the only ones.

It's more of a move to change the identity of the team. All the seasons they wore their now-defunct uniform, they've been the joke of the league because of their bumblings.

Now they can get a fresh look that will hopefully reflect their opportunities to turn around the franchise soon, with cap room and two picks in the first 11 in next week's Draft.

The uniforms don't look bad. The opposite, they look very nice. Clean, elegant, and a nice blend of past uniform conventions and new uniform design elements like piping and bevels. They're not embarrassing, just boring.

Those uniforms could be good for Anyteam, USA. They don't say "Hawks" to me, "Atlanta" or even "NBA." Just red, white, and blue and could easily have any team in any city's logo on the front. Just totally boring and unimaginative.

I think Gothamite said in a different thread that it's okay to change uniform designed and logos -- even frequently -- buy not the colors. A team's colors should be sacred. Atlanta was the only red and yellow team in the NBA. Now they're just one of many with a navy road uni. Booooooring.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yep, remind me too much of the Nets, I hope New Jersey planes on making the Res alternates their new road primarys. Bring back the grey alternates.

As for the Hawks, they should had stick to the red and yellow, logo looked better that color and their uniforms look good, well i didnt like the yellow alternates but it look like the majority did. I, mpt fpmd pf the new colors and jerseys, at least not for them. The should have atleast kept the yellow instead of grey to make their color (Red, Navy and yellow)

Allrighty then...Mr. Turner really loves his navy-- ...

Ted Turner doesn't own the Hawks anymore, or any team in Atlanta. In fact, Turner the corporation (AOL-Time Warner) doesn't own any team, either, now that the Braves have been sold. The Hawks/Thrashers were sold several years ago, the Braves just this past year. Ted didn't have anything to do with any of the teams for a long while when AOL bought everything.

Yep, remind me too much of the Nets, I hope New Jersey planes on making the Res alternates their new road primarys. Bring back the grey alternates.

As for the Hawks, they should had stick to the red and yellow, logo looked better that color and their uniforms look good, well i didnt like the yellow alternates but it look like the majority did. I, mpt fpmd pf the new colors and jerseys, at least not for them. The should have atleast kept the yellow instead of grey to make their color (Red, Navy and yellow)

Okay...make that SEVEN navy-clad squads in the NBA, to amend my previous TWO posts...

...and about the Ted Turner thing, I was just goiong off what I was told by the kin I got in ATL, who obviously didn't know what they was talkin' about. Eh well...I stand corrected.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

As an Atlanta Hawks fan I am thouroughly disappointed in this crap. I mean first of all Why in the hell do you go to Navy Blue and Red. Everybody knows that the Braves have those colors on lock in ATL. And then the simple fact that so many teams like the Nets, Clippers, Pistons in the NBA already have these colors. C'Mon Hawks! Think outside the box for a change. You had a chance to really shake things up and be the next team with the new trend of colors, yet i sign on to see this crap? And what's up with using the same logo just re-colored? That's a Utah Jazz move.

I mean the only thing I seriously would've done if I wanted to "re-brand" was to incorporate the Histroy of Atlanta Hawks basketaball. Keep the Red and Yellow, Accent with Black or even a tan, update your fonts and numbering a lil (not too futuristic but classic) and re-create the "PAC-MAN" logo with a new twist to tie it all together.

Now I have to watch this tragedy on the basketball court for years to come. A sad sad day. I just hope the court will be worth looking at. But then again they may go with the two-toned white bleached wood ala Cleveland.

GOOD GRIEF! :cursing:

Word on the street is that Acie Law's going at #3.

Thanks BK.

Not to hi-jack the thread but there's no way that's happenin. And if it does. BK's a dead man

Guess I am one of the only ones that absolutely hated the old color scheme. Yellow with red and black looked horrible. Those nasty mustard alternates made me cringe every time I saw them. These logos are nice. I think that the navy might have looked better if it was blue.

The yellow jersey's looked like the players were eating pretzels or hotdogs and spilled mustard on the jersey and instead of trying ot get it out just coated the whole jersey with the rest of the stuff.

untitled-2.jpg

I like them... I liek them a lot better than the old ones. the blue makes the Hawks more in line with the Braves and Thrashers now... the idea is to try and get the City behind them... a new look is good... if they can get some good players at 3 and 11 that will be better. if they make the playoffs, they will be set...

I like them. I'll give it an upgrade but not a big one. They are nicer than the older ones, IMO, but they are unnecessary.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Archived