Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

Hey all - just talked with an Atlanta Spirit rep this week at a local event. Asked him about any new branding efforts for the Hawks or Thrashers. He said (obviously) that the Thrashers would be getting the new Rbk jerseys and threw in that the Hawks were being completely re-branded. New logo, new jerseys, you name it. They're bringing back the blue from the Hawks' early days and pairing it with the red and white.

I'll reserve judgement until I see it. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull off red/white/blue in a way that's different from the L.A. Clippers and Detroit Pistons.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the poor draft picks and poorer results on the court made the Hawks stand out?

oh its that and so so much more like the local middle school basketball coach is probably better than our coach, and the JV coach at the high school is a better talent evaluator than our scouts, and we have an inept GM who can't do a thing.

I'll probaby still pick up a Conely, Jr. jersey though... :rolleyes:

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Id rather see them work with the blue/white/ and green to stand out.

PAAAIAEPBIJKLKCF.jpg

More unique than white/red/ and blue. Should be interesting to see what new logo they create.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

I agree with the above comment. How will "this" red, white and blue look different than the Clippers, Pistons colors? Heck, the Cavaliers basically have dark blue and dark red as dominant colors. Will the Hawks go "Houston Oilers".

I can see it now: "Oh no, this is WAAAAY different. This will be 'Powder' blue with red and white!!" Grrrreeeaaaat... Not terrible, just adding more powder/light blue to the NBA is kind of tired.

I guess it is sort of too bad that if the Hawks want to go back to their original colors, it looks like they are copying by "switching" to blue.

I'm not going to say too much, but there will NOT be any Powder/Light/Columbia Blue in this new design.

And believe me - this is NOT a retro-look. Anything but.

I'm not going to say too much, but there will NOT be any Powder/Light/Columbia Blue in this new design.

And believe me - this is NOT a retro-look. Anything but.

That last line scares me a bit.

Please tell me they're NOT doing anything with wings and side panels!

I heard they're gonna have clear side panels...

Ahh, yes. Much like one shoulder of the Charlotte Bobcats' unis. :D

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

So we remain stuck in the sports fascination of making teams as red and blue as possible, identity be damned.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived