Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, man. Mookie!

If Atlanta was going to have a unified color scheme for all four teams, I'd think that it'd be better than "use navy or red somewhere."

I just don't get it, guys. You'd think they'd want to look like Dominique Wilkins's team, not Southwestern Alpharetta State University.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

now I really, really want one of these Swingman Soul jerseys:

FF_130904ALT2_xl.jpg

if I had the money, after getting a Greg Oden jersey (of course), I'd get one of those and one of the Pistol Pete Jazz jerseys too. RESPECT YOUR ELDERS.

harperdc.gif

err... from an european point of view... this red+navy trend looks like some american patriotism craze gone beyond control.

And the problem is that unabashed blind patriotism isn't even en vogue these days. Leave it to the Atlanta Hawks to play catch-up to national ideology the same way they play catch-up to the other 29 teams. Poor Hawks and poor hawks fan base. They can't ever seem to do the right thing at the right time.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

At least the new primary logo got rid of that weird face thing on the hawk's chest.

You mean those three creepy triangles? Yeah, I almost immediately spotted that difference at first glance. I personally wished they had kept the red/gold color scheme (blue/red/silver gives it a cold, icy, foreboding image), but at least they kept the spreaded wings setup of the primary logo.

I like their new look. It's bolder and makes them seem more like one of the top teams in the NBA. The uni's look MUCH better. I never liked the red & yellow of the old Hawks look. Very patriotic btw. The only thing is that the ball on the logo should be red instead of grey.

err... from an european point of view... this red+navy trend looks like some american patriotism craze gone beyond control.

What red and navy trend are you refering to? the only teams in any of the major sports that changed to red and navy over the past several of years are the Hawks and Caipitals.

What's wrong with patriotism anyway, we're America and we rule. If you don't like it, we'll bomb ya.

I am just joking, by the way don't take it pesonal.

wwwaufderaxemo2.jpg

I only come around here once in a while to annoy you people, and by people I mean you mutha :censored:as.

I love the Hawks new set, and I think the typeface is great, but what Pantone did by switching the old colors on to the new set looks immaculate. The red-navy-silver scheme is played out being that the Nets already use it, and why break tradition? I definitely think that they shouldve stuck with red-gold-black.

Yes, you are. Good job!

wiz.png

Just bumping this up, if the draft caps are any indicator it does appear the Wizards are changing to a gold color. Granted, it could be the lighting but it definitely doesn't look like the copper used previously.

64038210959d6220a07tz2.jpg

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Yes, you are. Good job!

wiz.png

Just bumping this up, if the draft caps are any indicator it does appear the Wizards are changing to a gold color. Granted, it could be the lighting but it definitely doesn't look like the copper used previously.

I'm not a fan of the change. I thought the use of the bronze or copper was a real nice look and a color scheme that as far as I know was used exclusively by the Wizards.

I'm not a fan of the change. I thought the use of the bronze or copper was a real nice look and a color scheme that as far as I know was used exclusively by the Wizards.

Didn't the Capitals also use that color scheme - the same blue and bronze - before returning to red/white/blue last week? However, up until then it was unique to the Washington DC teams.

Yes, you are. Good job!

wiz.png

Ugly hat. Why does adidas have to put the three lines on EVERYTHING?

Archived