Atlanta Hawks to be completely re-branded in 07-08

2mr41h

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with many (and I'm an actual Hawks FAN, here) who believe the uniform design, in and of itself, isn't bad; the color-scheme change is a shame, though.

We were the last red-and-gold/yellow team in the league, and thus, kept us unique. The thing I DO like about many of the NBA teams is that they have unique color schemes.

In my opinion, the...

Hornets

Jazz

Sonics

Lakers

Suns

Mavs

Rockets

Pacers

Wizards

Nuggets

Wizards

Spurs

Magic

and T-Wolves

...have unique color combos, to me.

Now the Hawks match the

Pistons

Nets

Cavs

Clippers

Sixers

and Raptors.

That just shouldn't happen in the NATIONAL Basketball Association.

Am I crazy or is there an "A" in the secondary logo? The one that now appears on the shorts. The red to me looks like an "A".

That may be why it is tilted like it is. It really is looking to me like an A now. I dig it if it was intended. It's a decent logo but it gets better with the "A" sitting there.

jerseypr_062107_1.jpg

And once again another team assimilates into the navy or black colorscheme. In the year 2025 all teams will be the same colors! :rolleyes:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

When I was a kid in the '70s, it seemed as if most of the NBA teams were using generic color palettes - for the most part. Then in the '90s, it all blew up. Now it's starting to come full circle. Take a look at the NBA team colors from the 1979-1980 season:

(it's a PDF file)

NBA Team Colors - 1979-1980 Season

Wow, were the Knicks the only team to really use navy?

Only one team with a navy primary color? Sounds like absolute heaven to me.

Wow, were the Knicks the only team to really use navy?

Only one team with a navy primary color? Sounds like absolute heaven to me.

That's only because you're so sick of Navy now.

Back in the '70s and '80s, I was so sick of Red and Royal Blue that I could puke.

That's why I'd been hoping for the Clippers to return to the baby blue and orange of the San Diego days. Now that baby blue is the new navy, too late.

In any event, I'm for unique colors in all sports. I've long loved the old Padre brown and yellow, not because it was beautiful, but because it was unique AND tied into the mascot. I guess that's a concept that doesn't fly in the marketing first era we live in.

Something is bothering me here...

Isn't it true that on the wavy, vertical line going down, there is a VERY small touch of silver/gray on the line? You can only see it in the close ups. I'm not sure if this has been covered before.

It is pretty unneccesary. I'm not so sure why there is any silver at all. You can barely see it...they should have made it darker or not put it there at all.

• 1 month later...
I'm with many (and I'm an actual Hawks FAN, here) who believe the uniform design, in and of itself, isn't bad; the color-scheme change is a shame, though.

We were the last red-and-gold/yellow team in the league, and thus, kept us unique. The thing I DO like about many of the NBA teams is that they have unique color schemes.

In my opinion, the...

Hornets

Jazz

Sonics

Lakers

Suns

Mavs

Rockets

Pacers

Wizards

Nuggets

Wizards

Spurs

Magic

and T-Wolves

...have unique color combos, to me.

Now the Hawks match the

Pistons

Nets

Cavs

Clippers

Sixers

and Raptors.

That just shouldn't happen in the NATIONAL Basketball Association.

You mentioned Wizards twice on that list,

Any of you know if Mr. Joiner had anything to do with this design?

As much as I'd like to claim it, I did not have anything to do with the new design. I'm flattered that anyone would think so, though. :)

Good Gosh Almighty...where've YOU BEEN???

:blink:

I just realized there's a hidden "A" in the secondary logo.

Damn that logo just gets better & better!

Had no idea what flame was talking about, until I had the "Magic Eye" moment and saw THIS!

1192157692_3c685147a2.jpg

It had to be similar to the epiphany those UniWatchBlog folk were experiencing when they saw the arrow in the FedEx logo the first time ...

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I just realized there's a hidden "A" in the secondary logo.

Damn that logo just gets better & better!

Had no idea what flame was talking about, until I had the "Magic Eye" moment and saw THIS!

1192157692_3c685147a2.jpg

It had to be similar to the epiphany those UniWatchBlog folk were experiencing when they saw the arrow in the FedEx logo the first time ...

WOAHHH...i was only looking at the general red area of the head as a stylized 'A'. That logo continues to grow on me

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived