Alabama to get "revolutionary" Nike jerseys

Gmac1018

Bama Set To Unveil

New Uniforms ...

By Clint Hamilton

clint@piedmontgazette.com

Tuscaloosa ? The University of Alabama football team will don new uniforms this fall, and this Saturday the team will unveil a revolutionary new design by NIKE, exclusively made for the Crimson Tide.

Head coach Nick Saban and several Crimson Tide players will participate in the presentation at Bryant-Denny Stadium to introduce Alabama?s new ?threads?.

?Coach Saban will make a few remarks and then field some questions from the media before the player?s model the new uniforms? said one university official. Several former players will also be in attendance.

The new changes will involve new age fabrics that will benefit the players during the game. From a design standpoint, the uniforms will incorporate one of the official school colors, gray, back into the uniform for the first time since 1899 when the team wore crimson and gray striped jerseys.

It?s the first major overhaul in the football uniform since 1958, Paul Bryant?s first year, when he added three stripes to the jersey sleeves, a crimson stripe to the white helmet, numbers to the sleeves and two crimson stripes down the side of the leg.

CLICK HERE FOR BAMA UNIFORM HISTORY

The home jersey will be crimson, but numbers will be added back to the sleeves of the jersey for the first time since 1973. There will also be gray trim around the numerals of the jersey along with the name plate on the back of the jersey. The road jersey will be white, with crimson numbers and gray trim; names will also be in crimson trimmed in gray.

The pants will continue to be white, but instead of the traditional two crimson stripes, a gray stripe replaces one of the crimson stripes, the stripes will be widened and no white will be shown between the stripes. The shoes worn will be white.

The helmet will still be the traditional crimson with numerals on each side, but they will be trimmed in gray and a gray stripe will be added down the center of the helmet. Additionally, the paint scheme will change from a lacquer base to a urethane base. The urethane base will give the helmets a ?metallic? look that a lot of college and pro teams are using today.

?We are fortunate and honored to have a partner like NIKE provide such outstanding services for us,? athletic director Mal Moore said. ?This uniform change adds a different look while still keeping with Alabama?s rich tradition.?

Aside from a slightly different look, there are several main technical details of the new uniform. These include:

- Innovative Fit. The new jersey has an updated design and new performance fabrics producing a tight shrink-wrapped fit, thus minimizing ?grab? points that opponents can hang onto;

- Weight Reduction. Both the jersey and pants are lighter weight;

- Increased Ventilation. A lightweight mesh is added in areas traditionally covered by non-breathable fabrics (upper back, neck and under arms), now enabling heat to escape;

- Improved Moisture Management. Both jersey and pant are produced with the most technical uniform fabrics by NIKE that hold far less moisture, thus carrying less weight; this is very significant in the game pants

I love that Saban is planning to make himself the villain in every community he touches.

He's like the anti-midas man.

It could be ok, but I have a feeling this will be something that will be reminiscent of a sloppy era.

Again, the streets will burn in 3...2...1...

from the sounds of things, these won't actually look too bad, but there will be a huge uproar due to the change because it is a change.

on a side note, this doesn't make sense in the article. if the last uniform overhaul was when bear added stripes to the jersey sleeves and a stripe to the white helmet in '58, how did the tide come to wear stripeless jerseys and crimson helmets? a change from striped jerseys to plain jerseys and white to crimson helmets is an overhaul if i ever saw one.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

from the sounds of things, these won't actually look too bad, but there will be a huge uproar due to the change because it is a change.

on a side note, this doesn't make sense in the article. if the last uniform overhaul was when bear added stripes to the jersey sleeves and a stripe to the white helmet in '58, how did the tide come to wear stripeless jerseys and crimson helmets? a change from striped jerseys to plain jerseys and white to crimson helmets is an overhaul if i ever saw one.

Guys............this is a fraud. Believe me ,I know. As soon as I saw "Clint Hamilton" and "Piedmont Gazette" I knew it was bogus. Someone circulated t an article a few weeks back by the same guy from the same non-existant newspaper about GameDay changes for fans in B-D Stadium. Some of those changes were that no one would be allowed in the stadium in cutoff shirts or jeans and that if anyone wore a jersey into the stadium it had to be a Nike brand jersey.

I kid you not.......................this is bogus .

Read this link. It's near the middle about the "GameDay changes".

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/?p=3584

2qluyo7.png

Guys............this is a fraud. Believe me ,I know. As soon as I saw "Clint Hamilton" and "Piedmont Gazette" I knew it was bogus.

Website looks a little sketchy, almost like someone's blog, not a legit newspaper. I wouldn't go pitching a fit about the changes just yet.

You know what this means right?

NikePiping.png

I don't have one for you so...

...Someone PLEASE give this guy a "Post Of The Day" ribbon!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

You rang?

NikePiping.png

postofday.png

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

You rang?

NikePiping.png

postofday.png

Shweet! Thanks.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

- Improved Moisture Management. Both jersey and pant are produced with the most technical uniform fabrics by NIKE that hold far less moisture, thus carrying less weight; this is very significant in the game pants

In case the players piss themselves?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

In case the players piss themselves?

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

would that be in the case of alabama meeting auburn? :P

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Archived