ALLSTAR 2008 NBA LOGO

Hoopskid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's great, i wonder what the... jerseys will look like.

Oh suuuuure... you had to go ruin all this good feeling by making me think about purple and green all star uniforms! :P

Not to worry, think back to the years from 03-06 (Atlanta, LA, Denver, and Houston), the jerseys used did not necessarily correspond to the colors of the host team/logo.

Oh suuuuure... you had to go ruin all this good feeling by making me think about purple and green all star uniforms! :P

Not to worry, think back to the years from 03-06 (Atlanta, LA, Denver, and Houston), the jerseys used did not necessarily correspond to the colors of the host team/logo.

Which brings us to the obvious question: do you prefer sports which use actual all-star uniforms during the game (Pro Bowl, NHL, NBA) or where players wear their team's home or away uniform (baseball)?

Which brings us to the obvious question: do you prefer sports which use actual all-star uniforms during the game (Pro Bowl, NHL, NBA) or where players wear their team's home or away uniform (baseball)?

I prefer where you have the team home/away uniforms. I like how MLB has the other jerseys for the HR Derby. The NBA should try that. THe NHL has the idea down, but it's reversed.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It's a pretty attractive logo, but I must admit my eye always goes directly to the big S in the center. As if the logo is promoting S, not New Orleans, or basketball, or the NBA. Looks a little awkward, I think.

Would the logo be compositionally sacrificed by making the S the same size as the other letters?

Just wondering.

I prefer where you have the team home/away uniforms. I like how MLB has the other jerseys for the HR Derby. The NBA should try that. THe NHL has the idea down, but it's reversed.

What about taking the regular team uniform and changing it to match the colors of the all star logo. For example, have all the eastern conference teams wear purple and the while western conference teams in white, but have the jersey maintain the look of the player's team. Say Chauncey Billups was an all star, he would wear uniforms with the pistons design, but substitute the blue for purple and the for for the gold in the ASG logo. Do the same for the knicks, substitute purple for the blue and gold for orange; etc.

johnwfb had a cool idea, thought i'd try it.

Last years starting 5's in that method.

as08.png

That is EXACTLY what I had in mind, I just didn't have the ability to show you all. I think it looks pretty neat. Even if they were to do it in red-white-and-blue (traditional all-star colors) it would be neat.

johnwfb had a cool idea, thought i'd try it.

Last years starting 5's in that method.

as08.png

At first I was thinking No to the idea, but lookin at the jerseys, I think it may very well be a good idea

Top notch logo....this is defiantely a winner.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

sorry, but I'm a purist on one thing:

magic_allstar_prog.jpg

white and a dark color (preferably red, white or blue) all-star game jerseys for the NBA.

they do use the "regular team's home/away" for the sophomore/rookie game, and it looks alright (especially if - like this year - a bunch of the players use their alternates) but I like that more as an MLB thing.

harperdc.gif

Archived