2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Minnesota Wild named in a contest. Six finalists named for new NHL franchise: Minnesota Blue Ox, Minnesota Freeze, Minnesota Northern Lights, Minnesota Voyageurs, Minnesota White Bears and Minnesota Wild. The state of Minnesota is well known for vast stretches of open wilderness, especially in the northern part of the state.

Blue Ox?

Freeze?

Northern Lights?

Voyageueers?

White Bears?

holy crap those names are awful, no wonder Wild won!

Doesn't Winnipeg have a big aero industry and that's part of the reason for the name.

Why is it so hard for people to read before posting?

Because it's an internet message board.

And because this topic is on its 174th page. This needs to die soon. Send it off to the Guinness Records people and call it a day. It would be much easier to navigate on a team-by-team basis...that way, we could tell which team really incited the lurkers here....

Cards.png

Well, it's 160 pages or so since my last post.

New uni comments-

Canucks--I understand why they did the Curved Vancouver thing, but it ruins the look.

I like the colours, but this would have been a good time to go with a brand new logo.

Flames--Get rid of the vertical stripes--at least they're short. And ditch the piping. I like the flags, but they should be smaller.

Wild--other than the piping--I like them--I'd like to have seen the whits doen in the same style as the red ones.

Wings--the switch of the C & A is fine.

Canadiens--glad they didn't mess with it. It's one of my favorites.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Doesn't Winnipeg have a big aero industry and that's part of the reason for the name.

And because this topic is on its 174th page. This needs to die soon. Send it off to the Guinness Records people and call it a day. It would be much easier to navigate on a team-by-team basis...that way, we could tell which team really incited the lurkers here....

Now the time I'd like to point out that I was joking when I said "Because it's an internet message board". Rams80 said "Why is it so hard for people to read before posting?" so I felt that it would be clever to have the exact same reposnse as the person before me. Well it seems like no one got that or no one else saw my X-TrEmE cleverness.

The Wings look bad with the A and C on the opposite side...

i didnt even notice that. i forgot all about the switch..

i guess im not a stickler for minor and irrelevant details like that...

You're not going to fit in too well here, I'm afraid

well theres no design issue with it, just people are USED to seeing it on their right

it doesnt look bad, it just looks, to some, backwards

I read the post about all the possible reasons for the name. But, I'm just putting it out there as to why the Jets owner might have picked the name, besides being buddies with the NY Jets owner. And, I found out that maybe he was only asking the NY Jets owner if he could use the name out of courtesy, apparently deciding to name the team after a local junior team that he also owned.

Winnipeg Jets

Now the time I'd like to point out that I was joking when I said "Because it's an internet message board". Rams80 said "Why is it so hard for people to read before posting?" so I felt that it would be clever to have the exact same reposnse as the person before me. Well it seems like no one got that or no one else saw my X-TrEmE cleverness.

Nobody got it because it's an internet message board. :D

I love the fact that starting wednesday there are unveilings daily.

This threads gonna take forever to read even if ur only gone like 5 seconds then.

It already is. I left for a day and was 20 pages behind.

20 whole pages of NOTHING!!!

MonitorLightningCCSLC.pngMonitorUSFCCSLC.pngMonitorBuccaneersCCSLC.pngMonitorRaysCCSLC.pngMonitorCarlEdwardsCCSLC.png

Two muffins are in an oven when one says to the other, "Man, it's hot in here." The other says, "Holy crap, a talking muffin!!"

Archived